[APP][4.3+][v2.0.1] Heads Up! - backport of heads-up notifications from Android L

Lockscreen notifications should be...

• A widget

Votes: 35 19.1%
  • A normal heads-up displayed on lockscreen

Votes: 148 80.9%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Dr.Alexander_Breen

Jun 17, 2012
Since Google new policy requires that all paid apps will be showing their real address to EVERYONE on the web, I am making all my apps free.

It's really sad, since those apps are my main source of income, but...I'd rather stick to other means of earning money(App Store, freelance, or selling burgers in Burger King - hey, every job is a job as long as you get paid) than showing my address to anyone. I don't want someone stalking me.

So, in around 24 hours all of my apps will be available free-of-charge.
If someone will decide to buy me some beer so I will get drunk as hell - feel free to donate to my PayPal account. Just joking, you've already paid enough, no need to do that again.

About multiple notifications - I'm really busy right now, so I can't give you any timelines.
I hope I will be able to finish that soon.

Dr.Alexander_Breen

Jun 17, 2012
Hey guys, do you like this little attached image? ;)

Working on image processing for a month got me an idea on how to implement image tinting the right way.
Also...someone liked the idea of swiping in different directions to keep/dismiss the original notification? Oh, I've implemented it.

More to come. Stay tuned.

Attachments

• s.jpg
    s.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 585
Last edited:

Dr.Alexander_Breen

Jun 17, 2012
Okay. Here is the test version of new Heads Up!
New features include:
-Multiple notifications
-Swipe to right to dismiss heads-up, swipe to left to dismiss original notification
-White and black themes

You don't need to uninstall your previous Heads Up! version, however, I recommend you to disable it. Since this one has a different package name, they will interfere in showing you the Heads Up.

Attachments

• HeadsUp_Plus_test.apk
    342.6 KB · Views: 138

Frecciablu(2)

Feb 22, 2014
New features include:
-Multiple notifications
-Swipe to right to dismiss heads-up, swipe to left to dismiss original notification
-White and black themes

You don't need to uninstall your previous Heads Up! version, however, I recommend you to disable it. Since this one has a different package name, they will interfere in showing you the Heads Up.
Sorry to start with boring report and suggestion..
Aniway it work!
But there is a red background on notification...
19005a9f22610317a05d49290a0687bd.jpg

And (mayb this is intended) is not possible to scroll notification.
7f21343ee7cd5ff9837fd873b052a67a.jpg

Theme: system, withe, black work great! Thanks [emoji4]
Also dismiss statusbar notification or not. Its a cool feature i hadnt tought [emoji16]

Then a task:
the new option, "notification count" , is max number of multiple notific?

And suggestion.. [emoji14]
**Can add option istead of show/not show lockscreen heads up, add a general setting.
Heads up:
- unlocked
- lockscreen
(Can select and multiselect)

*expandible notific
*scrollable notific

Just suggestion eh
My phone yet lock awesome, thx u [emoji3]

Dr.Alexander_Breen

Jun 17, 2012
Sorry to start with boring report and suggestion..
Aniway it work!
But there is a red background on notification...
19005a9f22610317a05d49290a0687bd.jpg

And (mayb this is intended) is not possible to scroll notification.
7f21343ee7cd5ff9837fd873b052a67a.jpg

Theme: system, withe, black work great! Thanks [emoji4]
Also dismiss statusbar notification or not. Its a cool feature i hadnt tought [emoji16]

Then a task:
the new option, "notification count" , is max number of multiple notific?

And suggestion.. [emoji14]
**Can add option istead of show/not show lockscreen heads up, add a general setting.
Heads up:
- unlocked
- lockscreen
(Can select and multiselect)

*expandible notific
*scrollable notific

Just suggestion eh
My phone yet lock awesome, thx u [emoji3]

About non-scrollable notifications - I will fix that behavior, it doesn't really make sense to have unscrollable list of notifications if they get out of bounds.

About red background - it's there for debugging reasons, to see if notifications are dismissed correctly.

MagicLogins

Nov 1, 2013
I ve notice a lil prob.
When im in lockscreen n hv notifications if i double click my phone load statusbar of the app but rest in lockscreen, i have to unlock to see the notification opened.

Its intended, to evade prob of security lock?

inviato da tapatalk ~ con lg p990 rom cm11 m1
I'm experiencing the same bug, I'm using Note 3 with Cyanogenmod 11. BTW wonderful app !!
EDIT: with a reboot the bug disappeared, I will test more...

Last edited:

techdog

May 23, 2010
Boston
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
New features include:
-Multiple notifications
-White and black themes

I like it. It's working great on my SGS3 running SlimKat 7.

I love being able to swipe opposite directions and keep the notification or get rid of the notification. However, could that be configurable for which direction you swipe to keep or get rid of the notification???

Also love the double tap on the lock screen.

Thanks!

mikesnav

Jul 4, 2007
I love this app! Is there a way to make the pop up a lighter color and more "L" lockscreen like though? It's a black bar on my phone

mikesnav

Jul 4, 2007
Should be black/withe theme on setting

Hm, I have the one off the play store and I don't see that option. I see:

App filtering mode
Show heads up...
Do not expand notifications
Do not dismiss statusbar...
Open on double tapp
Ignore low priority...
Ignore ongoing...
Show notifications in fullscreen...
Dismissible ongoing
Dismiss after slider
Position slider
Opacity slider

Frecciablu(2)

Feb 22, 2014
Hm, I have the one off the play store and I don't see that option. I see:

App filtering mode
Show heads up...
Do not expand notifications
Do not dismiss statusbar...
Open on double tapp
Ignore low priority...
Ignore ongoing...
Show notifications in fullscreen...
Dismissible ongoing
Dismiss after slider
Position slider
Opacity slider

Maybe is only in beta im use.
But here back of notific, have a red color for debug motivation :/

Have also 4 notification on lockscreen and slide to right to no dismiss statusbar notific, slide to left to dismiss statusbar notific.

techdog

May 23, 2010
Boston
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
I love this APP!!! It's great.

I do, however, find the red background a little annoying. I even tried another heads-up app but it wasn't as full-featured or stable as your app.

Any thoughts when we might get a non-debug version?

Thanks for all you do.

bigbear6708

Apr 13, 2012
Thanks for this app! Here's to hoping HTC puts heads up into sense 7!! Great work though

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, well, well, my friends, here I am again.

After Google I/O I decided to bring the feature which I liked the most - heads-up notifications!

The filtering rules are pretty feature-rich - whitelist or blacklist, ignore or do not ignore ongoing notifications, hide notifications during quiet hours or when some apps are active...

The app is free with Pro-version, but for my friends on XDA the app is totally free-of-charge.

And here are some screenshots:
    Screenshot_2015-04-18-03-27-10.png Screenshot_2015-04-18-03-27-15.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-18-03-27-32.png Screenshot_2015-04-18-03-30-57.jpg

For people who want to support me here is the Google Play link:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.woodblockwithoutco.headsup

If you decided to buy Pro version my app - thank you! Because of you, yes, I am talking about you, I can continue my development :)

New in 2.0.1:
    -Swipe to left to dismiss heads-up only, swipe to right to dismiss heads-up and notification(can be reversed)
    -Multiple notifications
    -Hide heads-up while certain apps are active
    -Quiet hours
    -Bug fixes
    -Material design
    -Lollipop-compatible

New in 1.1:
    -Disable auto-expand
    -Ongoing notifications can be dismissed
    -You can keep statusbar notifications while dismissing heads-up
    -Transparency
    -Ability to post test notification
    -"Ignore silent" was removed due to a lot of problems it caused
    -Added ability to ignore low priority notifications
    -Whitelist/blacklist
    -Show heads-up on lockscreen

New in 1.0.3:
    -Added workaround for WhatsApp bug.

New in 1.0.2:
    -Ability to completely ignore whitelist
    -Fixed the bug where you always received message about starting the service
    -Added hint when service is started
    -Fixed transparent background bug
    -You can change position of heads-up notification

Now, the final part - the APK!
    Sadly, the app is available only on Android 4.3+ due to limitations of notifications listeners on versions less than 4.3. I've tried very hard to leverage accessibility services, but failed due to inability to recover full information about the notification.
    Okay guys, here I am.

I am currently pretty busy with my calculus+linear algebra+vectory analysis+complex analysis state exam.
    After 4th of July I'll continue my work.

The only thing left to do is the blacklist/whitelist swap, and privacy settings(show/don't show specific apps on lockscreen).
    So, please stay tuned, guys, update is coming.

Also, Google uploaded source code of Android L for Nexus 4, which is a good sign. Probably Nexus 4 will see Android L after all. If so, I will also adapt the app for Android L.

Stacked notifications and custom background will have to wait until version 1.2, which will come after 1.1, obviously.
    It seems that XKCD picture about Ballmer Peak is true :D

Finished whitelist/blacklist. Now you can choose between three options: No app filtering, blacklist filtering, whitelist filtering.

Now I just need to implement lockscreen detection, and I will publish new update. It's likely to happen tomorrow, or the day after.

P.S. Also, I passed the exam successfully with the mark 8/10. This is basically 5/5, or "Perfect". Woo-hoo!
    Phew. Everything went OK :) though I had to change some things in my educational plans, the changes are not bad - just a different direction connected with quantum computers :D
    I'll be home tomorrow, so from tomorrow I'll continue the development, hooray!
    So, I've implemented lockscreen heads-up.
    You can have:
    1) Whitelist:
    -Allow to show heads-up
    -Allow to show heads-up on lockscreen
    So, only the ones that are ticked will be displayed on lockscreen and/or on normal screen. First option does not exclude the second, and vice versa.

2)Same goes for blacklist, but you instead can:
    -Disallow to show heads-up
    -Disallow to show heads-up on lockscreen

3) You can disable app filtering at all. All notifications will be shown on lockscreen and normal screen.

The things left to implement:
    -Fix the weird thing happening with whitelist(the settings are messed up after you scroll the list a bit)
    -Add a couple of options

Hope I'll finish it soon if I won't be eaten by ghosts or something, there are some weird creaks in my house, the wind is literally going insane and dogs outside are howling, boooo :D