[Q] Volume Increase VIA Mixer Paths

Search This thread

freebee269

Feb 27, 2013
was looking around mixer_paths.xml and i see it has changed from what i'm used to with the lg g2. i dont see a section that specifically has "headphones". i'm trying to increase the headphone volume. does anyone know which area of the mixer_paths needs to be changed to increase volume? i tried increasing "speaker and headphones" rx7 (because that's what was used to increase volume on the g2) but after a reboot i dont notice any increase. any help would be appreciated.

freebee269

Feb 27, 2013
i figured it out. use a text editor that has root and navigate to system/etc. open up mixer_paths.xml. scroll down to the section "play scenario". in that section you'll see "path name="headset". in headset section you'll see rx1 and rx2 digital volume. change the values to what you want up to 100. i have mine at 88. at 88 i can keep the volume around 60% and it is loud with no distortion. so now i dont have to max out the DAC in the phone to get high volume.

if you want to do the speaker do the same steps above for the section "path name="speaker"" and change the rx7 digital volume value.

hope this helps others.

Last edited:

roughmouth

Nov 27, 2012
i figured it out. use root explorer and navigate to system/etc. open up mixer_paths.xml. scroll down to the section "play scenario". in that section you'll see "path name="headset". in headset section you'll see rx1 and rx2 digital volume. change the values to what you want up to 100. i have mine at 88. at 88 i can keep the volume around 60% and it is loud with no distortion. so now i dont have to max out the DAC in the phone to get high volume.

if you want to do the speaker do the same steps above for the section "path name="speaker"" and change the rx7 digital volume value.

hope this helps others.

What do I use to edit. Es won't save

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

XJigga

Dec 6, 2014
Thanks 100 times. Now I can really take advantage of my Monster Beats with my Android device. Turn up.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts