[ROM] - 1/11 - SenselessROM 1.1 - Unleashed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
SenselessROM-Logo.png

Welcome to SenselessROM - For those who want the look of stock AOSP / Gingerbread but with functionality of Sense! All Apps are up to date as of 1/11/2012.

The ROM has been stripped of most of the Sense and associated files but the Dialer and some other features remain due to the tight integration the RUU has with Sense.

ROM is de-odexed and based on official Verizon RUU 1.02.605.6.

Changes in version 1.1 - 1/11/2012
Tuned: Performance and Battery life
Added: Extended Quick Settings
Added: Social Network Framework for Sense on SD Card
Added: VZW Boot Animation
Updated: All Apps

Known Issue:
When an incoming call is present you will need to unlock the screen to see who is calling.
Battery charging animation is not correct.

SenselessROM.jpg

Please hit the Thanks button if you like this offering. Hit the Donate button if you really like it :)

Last edited:

Scott

Prerequisites:
Must Be HTCDev Unlocked
Must have a custom recovery installed

Instructions to flash:
Place ROM on SD Card
Reboot to recovery
Wipe data / Factory Reset
Install ROM and reboot
Its not recommended that you restore back ups from prior ROMS! Do fresh install!

Flashing recovery.img and or boot.img:
If you need help flashing boot.img or recovery.img I have a nifty tool HERE

Change Log

Social Networking Framework
Its attached to this post. If you plan on using Facebook with Sense Integration then you will nee to flash this zip

Last edited:

Marine6680

Jul 12, 2009
Kingsport TN
Going to download now!

EDIT: Flashing now

EDIT 2: Up and running... good so far... was surprised at the removal of the sense lock screen, but I didn't use it much.

I was running Ziggy's kernel. These ROMs do not flash the kernel, so I guess I need to reflash the extra files for the kernel again. BAH the complications of unlocked. LOL Will report back with an update.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott

Marine6680

Jul 12, 2009
Kingsport TN

Of course... Its great!

You changed out the boot animation. (thank goodness... unless I'm crazy/er)

Miss the percentage battery icon though. Baby steps I guess.

Scott's ROMs are the best ROMs

(Though I may be unfaithful when CM9/ICS hits)

Even though I haven't tried any of the others available for us yet. :D

Scott

Of course... Its great!

You changed out the boot animation. (thank goodness... unless I'm crazy/er)

Miss the percentage battery icon though. Baby steps I guess.

Scott's ROMs are the best ROMs

(Though I may be unfaithful when CM9/ICS hits)

Even though I haven't tried any of the others available for us yet. :D

Do you even see a boot anim? I thought I removed it all together?

Marine6680

Jul 12, 2009
Kingsport TN
My fiance is a graphics designer... that means she is picky about visuals. :rolleyes:

She isn't happy with any themes in the market for the launchers, nor themes she has found for the ROMs.

Long story short, she wants to help build a theme. Possibly for ROMs and GO launcher/ADW.

I really don't know enough to help her out, and of course she really doesn't know how to theme. So she is willing to work with anyone that has experience in getting a theme put together.

Basically she needs to know what elements are themeable, dimensions needed for the images, proper file formats, and any other pertinent info. She can do all the visuals, she just needs help packaging them into a working flashable theme.

Anybody interested hit me up. Goes for you too Scott... Maybe we can hook you up with an awesome custom theme for all of your ROMs. ;)

Side note: I managed to get an image file (the ROM logo) to act as a hyperlink to this thread. Its just so... big... think you could make a smaller version? Something about a couple inches long.

Side note 2: She is already online looking up info and taking notes. Help is always good, and the actual turning it all into a working theme is still something that needs another's help.

Last edited:

Scott

Basically she needs to know what elements are themeable, dimensions needed for the images, proper file formats, and any other pertinent info. She can do all the visuals, she just needs help packaging them into a working flashable theme.

Ummm... we need to talk! For me the hard part are the graphics. The easy part is the packaging, lol

Does she have anything in mind? Hit me up in PM!

Side note: I managed to get an image file (the ROM logo) to act as a hyperlink to this thread. Its just so... big... think you could make a smaller version? Something about a couple inches long.

Actually I have an official set of Logo's on my website. You can use the ones here: http://www.scottsroms.com/content.php?12-Logos!

You may also resize them to a size of your choosing and upload them into your sig block.

This is running awesome on stock kernel. Nice work Scott!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Great, glad to hear!

-Scott

Jan 7, 2010
My fiance is a graphics designer... that means she is picky about visuals. :rolleyes:

She isn't happy with any themes in the market for the launchers, nor themes she has found for the ROMs.

Long story short, she wants to help build a theme. Possibly for ROMs and GO launcher/ADW.

I really don't know enough to help her out, and of course she really doesn't know how to theme. So she is willing to work with anyone that has experience in getting a theme put together.

Anybody interested hit me up. Goes for you too Scott... Maybe we can hook you up with an awesome custom theme for all of your ROMs. ;)

Side note 2: She is already online looking up info and taking notes. Help is always good, and the actual turning it all into a working theme is still something that needs another's help.

This will be great! I really hope your wife can get with Scott and make this happen! I would love to have some really nice themes for Go Launcher and CleanRom (Sense and Senseless).

brando56894

Dec 16, 2010
Jersey City
Ill give this a try when you get the unlocking bug fixed. For now, I froze all the Sense crap in RezRom and dont feel like setting everything up again.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SenselessROM-Logo.png

Welcome to SenselessROM - For those who want the look of stock AOSP / Gingerbread but with functionality of Sense! All Apps are up to date as of 1/11/2012.

The ROM has been stripped of most of the Sense and associated files but the Dialer and some other features remain due to the tight integration the RUU has with Sense.

ROM is de-odexed and based on official Verizon RUU 1.02.605.6.

Changes in version 1.1 - 1/11/2012
    Tuned: Performance and Battery life
    Added: Extended Quick Settings
    Added: Social Network Framework for Sense on SD Card
    Added: VZW Boot Animation
    Updated: All Apps

Known Issue:
    When an incoming call is present you will need to unlock the screen to see who is calling.
    Battery charging animation is not correct.

SenselessROM.jpg

Please hit the Thanks button if you like this offering. Hit the Donate button if you really like it :)
    Prerequisites:
    Must Be HTCDev Unlocked
    Must have a custom recovery installed

Instructions to flash:
    Place ROM on SD Card
    Reboot to recovery
    Wipe data / Factory Reset
    Install ROM and reboot
    Its not recommended that you restore back ups from prior ROMS! Do fresh install!

Flashing recovery.img and or boot.img:
    If you need help flashing boot.img or recovery.img I have a nifty tool HERE

Change Log

Social Networking Framework
    Its attached to this post. If you plan on using Facebook with Sense Integration then you will nee to flash this zip
    What you can do is put the card in almost all the way. Then hold the battery at an angle pressing the contacts on the device so it can get power, but you can still move the memory card. Then (you might need a 2nd person to help you with this) boot into hboot. Since the card is partially slid out, it won't see the PH98 image on there. Once it does it's check, push the card the rest of the way in then snap the battery the rest of the way in. It can be done. I have done it several times while I was attempting to change my cid so HTC Dev.com unlock would work before it did officially.
    FYI: Update scheduled by COB on Wednesday.
    Reserved again!