[RECOVERY] CWMR 5.0.2.7 for the SGHI927(R) - Alpha

Search This thread

utkanos

Mar 23, 2011
chicago
I have ported CWMR to the I927(r) device.

Here are the instructions, prepared for me by CarpeNoctem who was instrumental in the testing of this port. Thanks to him for providing me with all the files. This is a RECOVERY that does not rely on it being in a kernel, so you can use this with any kernel you like.
---
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

1. Launch odin (v1.82 tested)
2. Boot your phone in "Download mode"
3. Select PDA in odin and choose the file "CWMR_recovery.tar.md5"
4. ONLY "auto reboot" must be check !!

---

This is considered an ALPHA build as it has only been tested on a few handsets so far. Flashing this means that you acknowledge this fact. Please help test it by using it and reporting any problems that you might have.

The file for ODIN is here: CWMR_recovery.tar.md5 OUTDATED

The source code (device tree) is on my github: android_device_samsung_SGHI927R

Feel free to modify this all you like, enjoy.

Credits:
koush for clockworkmod recovery.
carpenoctem/gabby131 for testing this out.

-----

UPDATE:

I have migrated this device to the 5.0.2.7 source tree for clockwork.

v2: CWMR5x_i927_recovery.tar.md5

Last edited:

gabby131

Sep 20, 2010
Winnipeg, MB Canada
yeah! CWMR is official!

Thanks to utkanos for all the CWM work and being patient on giving me step-by-step instructions (for I am a super noob!), Carpe for bricking his device just to give us root and being always the first guinea pig, and to future devs and testers.

I also want to thank vil33 for finding utkanos, and being amazed for my 1GB data on my first CWM backup LOL!

Last edited:
Reactions: vil33

dmw0215

Dec 8, 2011
Jay, FL
Fix Permissions

could you please add the Fix Permissions feature in the Advanced menu ? I'm not sure how difficult that would be but it would be handy i think.

Thank You for all you've done

romanr

Nov 9, 2009
Include GPT tools

Nice work!
Next release include please parted utility.
Would be nice to have some GPT management tool.
--
Code:
<4>[    7.293135] Primary GPT is invalid, using alternate GPT.
<6>[    7.293252]  mmcblk0: p1 (...S) p2 (...P) p3 (...C) p4 (...S) p5 (...C) p6 (...A) p7 (...M) p8 (...S) p9 (...X) p1
0 (...A) p11 (...D)
managing it using parted seems a bad idea
perhaps there is a loader or so in the first sectors, right?

Last edited:

romanr

Nov 9, 2009
mount external sdcard to /sdcard

Can you please mount external sdcard instead of internal one.
/etc/fstab:
Code:
#/dev/block/mmcblk0p4 /sdcard vfat rw
/dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /sdcard vfat rw

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have ported CWMR to the I927(r) device.

Here are the instructions, prepared for me by CarpeNoctem who was instrumental in the testing of this port. Thanks to him for providing me with all the files. This is a RECOVERY that does not rely on it being in a kernel, so you can use this with any kernel you like.
    ---
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

1. Launch odin (v1.82 tested)
    2. Boot your phone in "Download mode"
    3. Select PDA in odin and choose the file "CWMR_recovery.tar.md5"
    4. ONLY "auto reboot" must be check !!

---

This is considered an ALPHA build as it has only been tested on a few handsets so far. Flashing this means that you acknowledge this fact. Please help test it by using it and reporting any problems that you might have.

The file for ODIN is here: CWMR_recovery.tar.md5 OUTDATED

The source code (device tree) is on my github: android_device_samsung_SGHI927R

Feel free to modify this all you like, enjoy.

Credits:
    koush for clockworkmod recovery.
    carpenoctem/gabby131 for testing this out.

-----

UPDATE:

UPDATE:

This is considered an alpha release, please test this on the new codebase and report any problems (if any).
    do we gonna see a new update for the CWMR?
    or at least getting out form the alpha stage?
    AFAIK the alpha version is stable and working great for users here, so maybe we can graduate it to RC or even final version?

utkanos i hope you are still with us and will continue work on the glide, especially now that we have ICS coming to us in the near future and probably need a new CWMR.

I think enough users have tested it so at this point if everything is working well then the current version will be stable going forward. I will update cwmr along with the mainline cwmr when updates come out for it for you guys.
    Hi guys,

I tried installing clockworkmod recovery using odin and CWMR5x_i927_recovery.tar on my rooted i927r. I get a green pass in odin. After auto reboot, when I open rom manager, it says that i must have clockworkmod recovery installed to flash and restore roms or to backup current rom.

Can someone give help me with this issue please? Is it because I flashed ClockworkMod Recovery Version 6.0.0.1 Touch before flashing CWMR 5.0.2.7?

Sorry I do not believe Glide supports ROM manager. You can boot into CWM with the key combination. I think its volume down and power (always get it confused with recovery volume up and power) if I'm wrong, well if I mixed those 2 up some one please correct.

Sent from my SGH-I927 using xda app-developers app
    How can I gain root with this cwm without flashing a cooked room.?

Is it possible?

I'm with captivate from att. Is this safe to flash? Or this cwmr is just for rogers?
    Sorry for the question, I'm just trying to avoid another bricked experience.. last one took me more than a week to fix.

Thks,

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

you can try Flashing cwm then download this zip, put it to SDcard then flash via CWM. I have not tried this step before so you're on your own here.

Alternatively, flash ardatdat's Kernel. It will give you root without flashing a ROM. Again, I have not tested, but others confirmed that this worked for them.

If you don't want OC you can Odin flash uknatos' kernel.