[Cable] USB charging cable

Search This thread

kanefox

Jun 20, 2011
I need a longer charging cable, because the one that come in the box is painfully short. Can anyone help me? not sure which one I need

thanks

kanefox

Jun 20, 2011
Oh right..someone told me you need an official HTC lead for charging because it messes up your phone :s

Thanks very much :)

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

ko0l

Dec 3, 2008
Who and why?
It's a USB cable... and the HTC one doesn't even look like it's of much quality...

The junk usb cables from ebay doesn't provide much power for charging..

Trust me I've been through this and did alot of testing couple years back. None of the ebay usb cables managed to provide more than 200mA on my old phone and couldn't power on any of my usb hdds. Only the official ones from htc and those that comes with a usb hdd are quality.

If you're only planning to transfer data around then I guess it doesn't matter.

Last edited:

rikardo1979

Jan 29, 2009
Poole, UK
On one of my places (lounge front of the TV ) ;) I using Kindle USB cable as its quite long :) works great
:cool:

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

sh500

May 19, 2005

Trust me I've been through this and did alot of testing couple years back. None of the ebay usb cables managed to provide more than 200mA on my old phone and couldn't power on any of my usb hdds. Only the official ones from htc and those that comes with a usb hdd are quality.

Very true. I ordered a 2m cable from eBay a few years back and plugged in to an OEM HTC wall charger. My device - HTC Desire would take more than 10 hours to charge (that's without using the device whilst charging).

It seems to be difficult to differentiate between good and bad *long* [charging] cables. I am now thinking of going for a branded one such as Lindy to see if that is better, alternatively perhaps a 'fixed cable' AC wall charger.

dsgoody

Apr 27, 2012
Try a decent quality cable from somebody like Cables2Go or (like above) Belkin, much better quality and can carry much more current :)

Dave

Supaiku

Oct 18, 2010

I'm sure there are many different cables sold on ebay...
But yes, long USB cables tend to have a lot of resistance. Actually, they're generally not even very good for data transfer...
That said, a quality USB cable should be fine. In any event, it's not like some devices which actually have modified cables for charging.

twe69

Dec 24, 2008
I have ordered the above belkin one for myself, will see how well it works and report back once I get it.

bimmerboii

Feb 20, 2010
I use the USB cable from my old Nokia phone. Works pretty well. I guess name branded cables are better than generic ones.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

twe69

Dec 24, 2008
Got my 2m belkin cable yesterday, trying it out now and definitely faster charging than my no named 3m cable. What is the best way to test it?
Will time it tomorrow when it requires another charge.

sh500

May 19, 2005
Got my 2m belkin cable yesterday, trying it out now and definitely faster charging than my no named 3m cable. What is the best way to test it?
Will time it tomorrow when it requires another charge.

Yeah is there an app that measure the current coming out of charger?

In the mean time I would just charge with the original HTC cable for a set period if time and then the same for the Belkin one.

twe69

Dec 24, 2008
Yeh was going to do it that way but makes it 2 days before results or 3 using the cheapo 3m cable too....

sh500

May 19, 2005
Yeh was going to do it that way but makes it 2 days before results or 3 using the cheapo 3m cable too....

I don't quite understand what you mean by the above- what makes it 2 days and what results?

Charge the device for say 30 minutes with the Belkin cable and then the same for original cable. See which does it quicker/charges more out of the two.

Top Liked Posts