[Q] Problem Creating partition in twrp affects sd size

Search This thread

ktweb

Aug 8, 2012
I have a 32 gb micro sd card in my Samsung Fascinate. I attempted to create a partition using twrp recovery, but it failed everytime saying that it could not find the partition. Now when I use my card though it only shows 23.9 gb even though it is completely empty. This was a legit card and it showed the correct amount of gb proir to the failed partition. I don't know why my partition setup failed or why it is now only allowing 23.9 gb.
Thanks

outkasted

Aug 11, 2007
New Delhi
I too am facing the same problem with my Kingston 64GB Class 10 micro SD card in my Sprint HTC One M8 using captain throwback's custom TWRP recovery version 2.8.4 on official kitkat 4.4.4 rom. The phone is (obviously rooted/ S-O).
Any help would be appreciated.

george brown

Sep 15, 2011
I have a 32 gb micro sd card in my Samsung Fascinate. I attempted to create a partition using twrp recovery, but it failed everytime saying that it could not find the partition. Now when I use my card though it only shows 23.9 gb even though it is completely empty. This was a legit card and it showed the correct amount of gb proir to the failed partition. I don't know why my partition setup failed or why it is now only allowing 23.9 gb.
Thanks

I too am facing the same problem with my Kingston 64GB Class 10 micro SD card in my Sprint HTC One M8 using captain throwback's custom TWRP recovery version 2.8.4 on official kitkat 4.4.4 rom. The phone is (obviously rooted/ S-O).

Try reformat your SD Card using MINITOOL PARTITION WIZARD (windows apps) into fat32. Before doing it, connect SD card to your computer just delete second partition you''ve made with twrp. (you can see it from your computer)
How to use mini partition wizard just Google it.

Last edited:
Reactions: outkasted

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks

Try reformat your SD Card using MINITOOL PARTITION WIZARD (windows apps) into fat32. Before doing it, connect SD card to your computer just delete second partition you''ve made with twrp. (you can see it from your computer)
    How to use mini partition wizard just Google it.