At wits end (Possible brick?)

Search This thread

bardock123

Nov 23, 2011
So, I was benchmarking various kernels today, and my phone decided that it doesn't want to function anymore. To be more specific, I went from Faux's kernel, to Lean kernel, and back to Faux; and after returning to Faux, I've gotten nothing but "SystemUI has stopped responding". Since this happened I've wiped both cache and dalvik cache, re-flashed stock firmware via Odin, and wiped my internal memory--all to no avail. If anyone has any advice regarding this matter, it'd be greatly appreciated.

noobtoob

Dec 27, 2011
Fresno, CA
Moto G 5G
Google Pixel 8
So, I was benchmarking various kernels today, and my phone decided that it doesn't want to function anymore. To be more specific, I went from Faux's kernel, to Lean kernel, and back to Faux; and after returning to Faux, I've gotten nothing but "SystemUI has stopped responding". Since this happened I've wiped both cache and dalvik cache, re-flashed stock firmware via Odin, and wiped my internal memory--all to no avail. If anyone has any advice regarding this matter, it'd be greatly appreciated.

So what happens now? Does it boot at all? Boot-looping? When plugged into computer is it recognized? Were you on 4.3 or 4.4? We need some more information before everyone starts chiming in.

bardock123

Nov 23, 2011
So what happens now? Does it boot at all? Boot-looping? When plugged into computer is it recognized? Were you on 4.3 or 4.4? We need some more information before everyone starts chiming in.

It boots, but every rom that I try installing an alternate rom, it either freezes after a few minutes, or it doesn't boot at all. I can still get into download mode, so ADB/Odin/recovery isn't ruled out. I'm still on the 4.3 bootloader.

Last edited:

noobtoob

Dec 27, 2011
Fresno, CA
Moto G 5G
Google Pixel 8
Sorry, got called away from my desk.

What version of Odin are you using? I know you stated you wiped cache and internal storage. Just to rule everything else out right now, please try and follow my heimdall guide. Since you are on 4.3 it will still work. Perform both the recovery and stock restore guide. It seems to have done a lot of people a solid when Odin wouldn't wipe it properly. In my instructions (in the recovery zip) it says for best results to wipe things in a particular order. Try out the heimdall recovery zip and then the full restore. Heimdall instructions are in their own files, but basically you use zadig.exe that they provide to replace the usb driver. After all is said and done, let me know what happens. You may have a corrupt portion of the emmc that doesn't provide i/o very well any longer.

bardock123

Nov 23, 2011

What version of Odin are you using? I know you stated you wiped cache and internal storage. Just to rule everything else out right now, please try and follow my heimdall guide. Since you are on 4.3 it will still work. Perform both the recovery and stock restore guide. It seems to have done a lot of people a solid when Odin wouldn't wipe it properly. In my instructions (in the recovery zip) it says for best results to wipe things in a particular order. Try out the heimdall recovery zip and then the full restore. Heimdall instructions are in their own files, but basically you use zadig.exe that they provide to replace the usb driver. After all is said and done, let me know what happens. You may have a corrupt portion of the emmc that doesn't provide i/o very well any longer.

That did the trick. Thanks again for the help!

Reactions: noobtoob

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That did the trick. Thanks again for the help!