Solved [Q] Will EFS backup restore a flash

Search This thread

gearmaker

My Sprint GS3 is flashed to Page Plus.All is working great. I'm currently on MK3 Knox firmware. I am wanting to try the ND8 upgrade.
If I odin up to the ND8 I realize I will lose my flash. I have my EFS backed up with two different methods.
If I odin up to ND8 can I restore my flash with the EFS backup or will I need to re-flash anyway?
Thanks for all your help. XDA is the BEST!!!

Edit: Solved, but not with EFS backup
So I went ahead and took the plunge.Setup Odin and grabbed the ND8 stock tar.My internal storage was also messed up so I also
grabbed the 32gb PIT file for my phone.Entered download mode and started Odin and 12 minutes later I had KitKat and also my
full 32gb internal storage.Everything I read said I would lose my flash.Mine is the SPH-L710 Sprint GS3 flashed to Page Plus.
MUCH to my surprise when my phone rebooted my 3G was up and running! In settings/about device/status shows my MIN
and my number, and my PRL all as it was before! I was putting this off for so long for fear of having to redo everything, you
know when you have everything working right you hate to screw with it. I can't say this would work for others but I am a
very happy camper!

Last edited:
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My Sprint GS3 is flashed to Page Plus.All is working great. I'm currently on MK3 Knox firmware. I am wanting to try the ND8 upgrade.
    If I odin up to the ND8 I realize I will lose my flash. I have my EFS backed up with two different methods.
    If I odin up to ND8 can I restore my flash with the EFS backup or will I need to re-flash anyway?
    Thanks for all your help. XDA is the BEST!!!

Edit: Solved, but not with EFS backup
    So I went ahead and took the plunge.Setup Odin and grabbed the ND8 stock tar.My internal storage was also messed up so I also
    grabbed the 32gb PIT file for my phone.Entered download mode and started Odin and 12 minutes later I had KitKat and also my
    full 32gb internal storage.Everything I read said I would lose my flash.Mine is the SPH-L710 Sprint GS3 flashed to Page Plus.
    MUCH to my surprise when my phone rebooted my 3G was up and running! In settings/about device/status shows my MIN
    and my number, and my PRL all as it was before! I was putting this off for so long for fear of having to redo everything, you
    know when you have everything working right you hate to screw with it. I can't say this would work for others but I am a
    very happy camper!
    I Odined up to ND8 and my flash didn't change!