[ROM] Eclipse TW Note II v1.4 - Welcome to the Dark!!!

Search This thread

mastermindx85

Jul 19, 2007
Re: [ROM] Eclipse TW Note II v1.3 - Welcome to the Dark!!!

Anyway to get center clock?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

hacku

Aug 7, 2010
Arizona
There are 2 bugs that I would like to report:

1. Under Settings > Back up and Reset > Backup and Restore, my account will not show up under "Backup Account" like it should.

2. Even after the v1.3 up, I still get these random screen freezes. It happens with different apps, but when I wake up my phone it gets stuck in the last app I was in. The only think I can do is press the power button to turn the screen on and off, but other than that there's no functionality. I have to do a battery pull to reset the phone. This has happened to me probably 10-15 times since last Friday when I purchased the phone and flashed this ROM.

I'm almost to the point where I'm going to do a full wipe and re-install the ROM to see if that fixes it.

hacku

Aug 7, 2010
Arizona
My phone just froze again. It seems to only happen when the screen times out and I have an app open in landscape mode.

So I just decided to wipe EVERYTHING and start out fresh with v1.3 again. I setup my Google account on the initial device setup, but my account still isn't showing up under Backup Account.

Am I the only one having this issue? Has anyone else checked to see if their account is being backed up?

Any other ideas?

Bert336

Sep 16, 2010
Greensboro, NC
Samsung Find my mobile account settings seem to be fubar...I had a hard time trying to log in on the phone, Samsung account would always ask to update and it would update and kick back to the add account screen...i barely got it to sign in by trying multiple times. The account is not synced and the samsungdive site does not detect the account or phone because theres no way to turn on sync on the samsung account. -_-

also, group mms is nots working, i got sent a group message and i received it in a single text so if i reply i will only reply to the sender and not to everybody in the group.

and... when i get sent multiple mms pictures in one text, i can not save the pictures...they get played like a video slide show and i have yet to find how to download or save them.

Last edited:

hacku

Aug 7, 2010
Arizona
Are you using the AOSP lockscreen? If so, you need to uncheck all of the other options for TouchWiz lockscreen or you'll keep having this issue.

I was using the AOSP lockscreen and I thought I had everything unchecked.

The main thing I'm worried about now is my account not showing up as my Google Backup Account. I wiped everything again and this time added my account manually instead of during the initial phone setup, but it's still not working.

pschatz12

Jul 1, 2012
Central NJ

Unfortunately back on beans until group mms issue is fixed :(

hacku

Aug 7, 2010
Arizona
So on Nitros official forum, someone else confirmed that their Google account isn't showing up either under Backup & Reset. Can I get some other Eclipse users to check and tell me whether your account shows up or doesn't?

It's under Settings > Backup & Reset

Thanks!

creeater

Jan 24, 2008
So on Nitros official forum, someone else confirmed that their Google account isn't showing up either under Backup & Reset. Can I get some other Eclipse users to check and tell me whether your account shows up or doesn't?

It's under Settings > Backup & Reset

Thanks!

Confirmed. Not showing up

ILMF

Jun 1, 2011
Missouri

Confirmed here as well. Still running 1.1.1

unlocked Note2 and Tapatalk

smw420

Dec 26, 2007

In response to freezing screen issue...

Same issue. Twice. This time I didn't install Tweakbox, and so far so good. The freezing problem didn't start until I installed it but I can't be 100% certain that was it. However I've been freeze free for three days.

Last edited:

adampa1006

May 11, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro

The freezing this happened to me. Except I put the phone in sleep you know like we all do a million times a day, but pressing the power or menu button wouldn't do anything. Just stuck on a black screen that I couldn't wake up or anything. Had to do battery pull. The second time this happened I was sleeping and missed my morning classes, so I'm off the rom for now

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium App

nitroglycerine33

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 29, 2010
IA

The freezing this happened to me. Except I put the phone in sleep you know like we all do a million times a day, but pressing the power or menu button wouldn't do anything. Just stuck on a black screen that I couldn't wake up or anything. Had to do battery pull. The second time this happened I was sleeping and missed my morning classes, so I'm off the rom for now

Either your issue is with the kernel, try something different or increase min frequency voltage or you did not uncheck ripple when using the aosp lock screen. .

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

pschatz12

Jul 1, 2012
Central NJ

Nitro,
Is group mms confirmed working or is it still a known bug? I still have the same issue when receiving group mms

hacku

Aug 7, 2010
Arizona

In response to freezing screen issue...

Same issue. Twice. This time I didn't install Tweakbox, and so far so good. The freezing problem didn't start until I installed it but I can't be 100% certain that was it. However I've been freeze free for three days.

Were either of you using the AOSP lock screen at the time? I'm thinking that might be the culprit.

inkdaddy66

Nov 29, 2010
SanJose,CA

In order to stop the lock screen freeze you have to disable all touchwiz lockscreen options. Then you'll be good to go:thumbup:

53n7 fr0m m4 no7e2 via Xparen7 7apa7alk2

pool_shark

Dec 12, 2008
Macedonia, Ohio
Here is something I noticed, I'm not sure if it applies to those of you having issues.

I dirty flashed 1.3, everything was smooth, the only issue was youtube not logging in.

I clean flashed and reinstalled my apps using the zip from titanium backup to restore all of my apps. Everything was choppy, the screen wouldn't respond immediately after turning the device on, etc.

Clean flashed again, restoring my apps the normal way with titanium, and now everything is fine.

I don't use the lockscreen features accept to use a PIN, so I'm not affected by any of that. I'm just letting you all know what I experienced since I know many people like to use titanium backup's restore from zip feature.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the Dark!!

6.png

7.png

8.png

General Overview
    Eclipse TW is based off of VRALL4 OTA for the Verizon Wireless Galaxy Note 2

Features
    Fully inverted dark UI
    -Contacts/Dialer
    -Talk
    -Gmail
    -Play Store
    -MMS
    -Email
    -Google Now
    -Calendar
    Dark themed AOSP JB Eclipse style
    AOSP lockscreen with center clock (can be toggled in settings, disable ripple effect when using)
    S Note and S Voice included
    Removed tethering provisions for free native tethering
    Removed bloat and un-needed built in apps
    AOSP Inverted Calendar
    AOSP Inverted MMS with QuickReply
    AOSP Alarm clock
    AOSP Contacts/dialer
    Custom bootanimation support
    Init.d support
    CRT Off animation
    Saber kernel prepackaged
    Removed AM/PM from clock
    Any app in multi-window
    APN settings/editor
    Camera shutter control
    Much much more!!!

Special thanks to travp624 and JT productions for paving the way on some Gapps that I have used as a general outline in the past, adrynalyne for fixing the framework on aosp MMS and APN editor, Vertumus for some theming, ptmr3 for saber kernel, and didact74's guide on the toggle for the lockscreen.

Changelog:
    Code:
    Build 1.4
    AOSP Eclipse Contacts
    AOSP Eclipse Browser
    Updated Calendar theming
    AOSP Eclipse Email with security bypass
    OI File Manager
    Updated Google Now, You Tube, Maps, Market, Photo Editor
    Now using Clockworkmod Superuser
    Nova launcher now default
    framework enhancements for smoother operation
    Switched back to 15.2 saber kernel
    Updated MMS app
    Added Google Car home
    Added clock options (center, right, hide, date, am/pm) - under date&time settings
    Updated battery options
    Removed more touchwiz apps as they are no longer required
    Default battery is now circle battery

Build 1.3
    Updated MMS
    Fixed YouTube update and sign-in errors
    Updated Play Store
    Updated Google Voice
    Switched to Perseus kernel due to requests
    Slight theme update/cleanup

Build 1.2
    Removed AM/PM from status bar
    Added APN editor - adynalyne
    Custom TW launcher is now default
    Added camera shutter options
    Infinite launcher scrolling
    Cleaned up contacts a little
    Enabled Find My Mobile in settings
    Removed software update from settings
    *If you are flashing any battery mods you will need to download the new V3 versions

Build 1.1.1
    Themed in call dialer buttons
    Themed some missing components in contacts
    Updated Super SU
    Fixed notifications being cut off on the bottom
    Fixed wifi data arrows
    Fixed mobile data arrows
    *If you are flashing any battery mods you will need to download the new V2 versions

Build 1.1
    Added CRT off animation
    Prepackaged Saber kernel - [url]http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2124221[/url]
    Fixed multi-window

Build 1.0
    Initial release

Downloads:

Rom
    Eclipse TW 1.4: http://eclipserom.com/thedark/showthread.php?648-ROM-Eclipse-TW-Note-II-v1-4-Welcome-to-the-Dark!!!

Addons/Themes

Battery Options *updated 3/6/13
    note2batterysmall.png

Icon battery (stock): http://d-h.st/xzf
    Digital battery: http://d-h.st/1Js
    Skinny bar: http://d-h.st/dxD
    Circle battery: http://d-h.st/MCa
    Fatty battery: http://d-h.st/lZm

toggles.png

White Toggles/Power Widgets (default)
    Download: http://d-h.st/atf

Blue Toggles/Power Widgets
    Download: http://d-h.st/Bdj

eclipseTWlauncher2.png

Eclipse modified TW launcher
    4x5 home screen, removed dock text and AOSP styled
    Download: http://d-h.st/mrK

Stock JB AOSP appearance pack*
    For those of you who do not want a fully inverted dark UI I have created a package that will revert back to the white/non-inverted counterparts for a stock JB AOSP experience
    -Gmail, Talk, MMS, Holo backgrounds/menus, Voice, Play Store, Google Now, Calendar, Email

Stock JB pack: http://d-h.st/1Vg
    *Due to the nature of inverted apps you may need to clear app data on the above non-inverted apps if you experience force closes. For best results flash this package on a fresh install (data wipe/factory reset) after the main rom is flashed in recovery.

Stock Apps
    Allshare: http://d-h.st/QjN

Note
    Please do not use any of my work without asking. Thank you.
    Funny how you ban for people telling the truth. No curse words..no personal attacks. .just opinion that you obviously disagreed with

For starters you act like I sold you a broken product. I am sharing my work not selling it. There is nothing wrong with the ROM. It is all user error, not my fault.

Lack of support too? I help people when things are actually broken. You come into my own forum with a "threatening" "self-entitled" post and expect something good to come of it? Read up on the basics of flashing and creating backups. It is truly amazing what you can learn by reading.

You took the risk of rooting and flashing custom firmware on your phone. Not my problem you did not prepare for losing text messages and some app data..

Don't let the door hit you on the way out..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I will be releasing several add ons either later today or sometime this weekend. There will be several battery options available as well as a center clock mod soon. I just wanted to get the base rom out in the world!
    Re: [ROM] Eclipse TW Note II v1.0 - Welcome to the Dark!!!

Soooooooo can I get permission to theme the hell out of this?

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

Well hell yea!