Anyway to completely hide the top status bar? (but still pull down for notifications)

Search This thread

ap3604

Feb 20, 2010
The top status bar is a waste of space to me and quite annoying when I am browsing the web in landscape mode as it takes up precious real estate.

I would really like to be able to hide the status bar from showing anywhere on the phone (including while I am in apps), yet still be able to swipe down to see notifications if I need to.

Is there any way I could do this? Perhaps once I'm rooted or a certain rom? :confused:

Thank you for your help.

Groid

May 7, 2010
The Nova launcher (Play store) has an option to show or hide the notification bar. Touching the top edge makes it visible if it has been hidden.

ap3604

Feb 20, 2010
The Nova launcher (Play store) has an option to show or hide the notification bar. Touching the top edge makes it visible if it has been hidden.

Launchers (like Nova) only hide the notification bar while you are on the homescreen.

I on the other hand, want to hide the notification bar throughout the entire phone, even while I'm in applications.

Is there any way to do this? :confused:

jjl468

Mar 5, 2013
Texas
If you can root and get xposed (which doesn't work with ART), you can install the "Immerse Me" module, which will do exactly what you are asking for.

D

Darth

"Precious real estate".....3/16ths of an inch? Lol

K.....I got that out of the way. ;)

Did you Google this? For real? There seems to be some ways where you have to edit this file or that. But no guarantee it works ....and to me seems like it could cause trouble.

So you could fire up Google and try these ways.....must be rooted of course.........or you could just leave well enough alone and live with that 3/16ths of space being taken up. :)

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...

polarimetric

Jan 1, 2011
There is an app in the Play Store that accomplishes this without root called Immersive Full-Screen Mode ($1.29). The keyboard doesn't work right now, which might be a showstopper for you (I only use it for things like Play Newsstand or an e-reader app so I don't mind), but the dev is very active so the keyboard issue may be fixed eventually. It's worth a look, at any rate.

Reactions: Jaxidian

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is an app in the Play Store that accomplishes this without root called Immersive Full-Screen Mode ($1.29). The keyboard doesn't work right now, which might be a showstopper for you (I only use it for things like Play Newsstand or an e-reader app so I don't mind), but the dev is very active so the keyboard issue may be fixed eventually. It's worth a look, at any rate.