[Boot Animation] Android Particle Ring (GB GREEN, Honeycomb BLUE, CM CYAN, Droid RED)

Search This thread

pinghsien422

Sep 21, 2011
I was dis-satisfied with the 256 x 256 resolution, since it showed up quite fuzzy on my galaxy s2. So i downloaded the original 480 x 480 version, and went ahead to make my own modification. It came out AMAZING:

color-animate-preview.gif

I kept the image sizes at 480p, on the SGS2, it's MUCH MUCH more crisp compare to the 256p. Also, the initial choppiness issue is resolved as well.
(On SGS2, if you pay close attention, you may notice *very minor* choppiness for like a fraction of a second when the animation appears, but it's mostly non-noticible since the image was still in the process of fading in :p)

Here's what I did:

- Changing hue: The hue is now changing constantly, instead of one single color.
- Size: Cropped the original 480x800 to 480x480, getting rid of some unless black area.
- Image format and quality: Used JPG instead of GIF, since jpg files are smaller compare to gif, this allows me to keep the image resolution at 480p. Down-graded the jpg quality to get the file size down. The resulting zip file at 480p is now even smaller compare to the one at 256p posted by the OP. Doing so drastically decreased both the choppiness magnitude and the duration. Making this virtually butter smooth
- Frame rate: Kept at 30fps instead of 24fps since i was happy with the smoothness already.

Disclaimer: I only tested this on my sgs2, so i'm not sure how well it'll come out on the Evo. Also, i'm not responsible for any damage to your phone, so use it at your discretion.

The attached zip file is CWM flashable zip file, not sure if it works with evo, but the bootanimation.zip can be extracted from it, just look into the data folder inside the zip and you'll find it.

Anyone who tried this please let me know how it came for them :D

SPECIAL THANKS to aph for his work and the inspiration, as well as Dysgenic for making the original animation.

Attachments

• Android_Particle_Ring_hdpi_color.zip
    2 MB · Views: 1,318
Last edited:

webcris77

Feb 21, 2012
EDIT 9/28: Sorry for the delay restoring the animated GIF previews, I had a real scare I won't go into the details of. If you feel this was useful please to you please sign up with my Dropbox link and get more space for both of us!

I got this animation from Dysgenic's The Droids thread, so huge thanks to him for making it. His version was 480x800 which made it very choppy at bootup for a few seconds before it would get to full speed.

Compared to the smooth CM7 boot animation, I was dissatisfied with the choppyness of this one, so I went about figuring out how to make it smoother. These are the changes I made:

- Crop 480x800 to 416x416 (that's the only space it was using)
- Resize to 256x256 (required to make it smoother, but stretch to 480x480 to fill the screen)
- Save as PNG (higher quality)
- Change fps from 30 to 24 (minimize initial transition between choppy/smooth)

It came out pretty sweet and looks like this:

preview-green.gif

It's SMOOTH as butter and fills the screen unlike the original. :D

As usual, use Root Explorer to copy the ZIP to:
- system/media on CM ROMs
- /system/customize/resource on Sense ROMs (if you don't know what you have, it's probably Sense)
(rename to bootanimation.zip if downloading the cyan or blue version)

=> DOWNLOAD HERE (Gingerbread GREEN)

Gingerbread GREEN is also available as a live wallpaper thanks to zul8er.

=> DOWNLOAD LIVE WALLPAPER HERE
(This is a live wallpaper .apk NOT a boot animation!)

Honeycomb BLUE mostly for myself: :p

preview-blue.gif

=> DOWNLOAD HERE (Honeycomb BLUE)

I use it with the awesome Honeybread theme, check it out!

CyanogenMod CYAN:

preview-cyan.gif

=> DOWNLOAD HERE (CyanogenMod CYAN)

Verizon/Droid RED thanks to ilhe1s:

red_bootanimation.gif

=> DOWNLOAD HERE (Verizon/Droid RED)

MDPI versions! (not for the EVO!!!)

NOTES:
- The 3 above NOT flashable, must be copied to the correct folder using Root Explorer or adb push. Read the thread for the correct folders and instructions.
- All will need to be renamed to bootanimation.zip to make copying/overwriting the old file easier.

Thanks to:

- Dysgenic for the original 480x800 animation
- zul8er for the flashable versions of Gingerbread green, Honeycomb blue, CM cyan, and the Gingerbread green live wallpaper
- MadDogMaddux for the flashable Gingerbread green for Sense ROMs
- ilhe1s for the Verizon/Droid red version

No need to ask permission to include this in your ROM's! Go for it!

this boot animation are under copyright? or we can use it without problem?
I want to include in ROM pre installed in my Smartkey TV
www.liquidtv.it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT 9/28: Sorry for the delay restoring the animated GIF previews, I had a real scare I won't go into the details of. If you feel this was useful please to you please sign up with my Dropbox link and get more space for both of us!

I got this animation from Dysgenic's The Droids thread, so huge thanks to him for making it. His version was 480x800 which made it very choppy at bootup for a few seconds before it would get to full speed.

Compared to the smooth CM7 boot animation, I was dissatisfied with the choppyness of this one, so I went about figuring out how to make it smoother. These are the changes I made:

- Crop 480x800 to 416x416 (that's the only space it was using)
    - Resize to 256x256 (required to make it smoother, but stretch to 480x480 to fill the screen)
    - Save as PNG (higher quality)
    - Change fps from 30 to 24 (minimize initial transition between choppy/smooth)

It came out pretty sweet and looks like this:

preview-green.gif

It's SMOOTH as butter and fills the screen unlike the original. :D

As usual, use Root Explorer to copy the ZIP to:
    - system/media on CM ROMs
    - /system/customize/resource on Sense ROMs (if you don't know what you have, it's probably Sense)
    (rename to bootanimation.zip if downloading the cyan or blue version)

Gingerbread GREEN is also available as a live wallpaper thanks to zul8er.

=> DOWNLOAD LIVE WALLPAPER HERE
    (This is a live wallpaper .apk NOT a boot animation!)

Honeycomb BLUE mostly for myself: :p

preview-blue.gif

I use it with the awesome Honeybread theme, check it out!

CyanogenMod CYAN:

preview-cyan.gif

Verizon/Droid RED thanks to ilhe1s:

red_bootanimation.gif

=> DOWNLOAD HERE (Verizon/Droid RED)

MDPI versions! (not for the EVO!!!)

NOTES:
    - The 3 above NOT flashable, must be copied to the correct folder using Root Explorer or adb push. Read the thread for the correct folders and instructions.
    - All will need to be renamed to bootanimation.zip to make copying/overwriting the old file easier.

Thanks to:

- Dysgenic for the original 480x800 animation
    - zul8er for the flashable versions of Gingerbread green, Honeycomb blue, CM cyan, and the Gingerbread green live wallpaper
    - MadDogMaddux for the flashable Gingerbread green for Sense ROMs
    - ilhe1s for the Verizon/Droid red version

No need to ask permission to include this in your ROM's! Go for it!
    I was dis-satisfied with the 256 x 256 resolution, since it showed up quite fuzzy on my galaxy s2. So i downloaded the original 480 x 480 version, and went ahead to make my own modification. It came out AMAZING:

color-animate-preview.gif

I kept the image sizes at 480p, on the SGS2, it's MUCH MUCH more crisp compare to the 256p. Also, the initial choppiness issue is resolved as well.
    (On SGS2, if you pay close attention, you may notice *very minor* choppiness for like a fraction of a second when the animation appears, but it's mostly non-noticible since the image was still in the process of fading in :p)

Here's what I did:

- Changing hue: The hue is now changing constantly, instead of one single color.
    - Size: Cropped the original 480x800 to 480x480, getting rid of some unless black area.
    - Image format and quality: Used JPG instead of GIF, since jpg files are smaller compare to gif, this allows me to keep the image resolution at 480p. Down-graded the jpg quality to get the file size down. The resulting zip file at 480p is now even smaller compare to the one at 256p posted by the OP. Doing so drastically decreased both the choppiness magnitude and the duration. Making this virtually butter smooth
    - Frame rate: Kept at 30fps instead of 24fps since i was happy with the smoothness already.

Disclaimer: I only tested this on my sgs2, so i'm not sure how well it'll come out on the Evo. Also, i'm not responsible for any damage to your phone, so use it at your discretion.

The attached zip file is CWM flashable zip file, not sure if it works with evo, but the bootanimation.zip can be extracted from it, just look into the data folder inside the zip and you'll find it.

Anyone who tried this please let me know how it came for them :D

SPECIAL THANKS to aph for his work and the inspiration, as well as Dysgenic for making the original animation.
    Doesn't seem to work on CM7-RC2. Maybe boot sounds are unsupported in CM7??
    :(

yes they are
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=979123

AOSP roms [CM7, Evervolv, ect] don't support boot sounds, only sense roms do.

false

Is there any way to make it work? Scripting...etc?

yes

In theory, perhaps, but I don't think its built into the framework.

look
    ORANGE BOOTANIMATION

Requested by Dgambler and for all to enjoy!

You know the drill!

Orange.gif
    here it is edited for desire[gingervillain]

# MD5 checksums generated by MD5summer
    # Generated 16.3.2011 г. 16:31:31

1af0f9f3bbea880c11fe8ca27602acf6 *bootanimation-blue-flashable-GV.zip