More 4.4 news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
According to Vodafone Australia, testing is "scheduled" for the 4.4 update for our device.
Knowing how long some carriers take with testing and certification, this might not be anything to get excited about, but you never know!

Source via Vodafone Australia.

Edit - Yes, I am aware there is another thread, but posted this up as this is genuinely news and confirmation that Sony are moving forward with KitKat and it would have been buried under the speculation on new features in the other thread regarding Play Poland's announcement.
If a mod wants to close/move it, then that's fair enough. :)

sonyupdate

Last edited:

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
hmm, but it says 4.3 is still under testing for them, so 4.4 might be further away than it seems?

I suppose it depends on whether or not they only test one firmware version at a time (probably). :D

This is probably more of an indicator that Sony have informed them that the software is due to be delivered to them for certication.

sonyupdate

Reactions: Coirpre

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
Yea, I wish there was a report option in the Tapatalk. Let everyone keep opening one thread per news and flood this forum and make it unless.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Press the overflow button in the top right, then select 'Web view'.
This will open the thread in your browser where you can report it.
If a moderator decides to close it, then so be it.
Now, if that's everything....... :beer:

sonyupdate

Reactions: Coirpre
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    According to Vodafone Australia, testing is "scheduled" for the 4.4 update for our device.
    Knowing how long some carriers take with testing and certification, this might not be anything to get excited about, but you never know!

Source via Vodafone Australia.

Edit - Yes, I am aware there is another thread, but posted this up as this is genuinely news and confirmation that Sony are moving forward with KitKat and it would have been buried under the speculation on new features in the other thread regarding Play Poland's announcement.
    If a mod wants to close/move it, then that's fair enough. :)

sonyupdate
    Maybe due to Google's push, they will skip 4.3 and jump on 4.4 instead?

Vodafone Australia is already on 4.3 (569). They are probably testing 101. ;)

sonyupdate
    hmm, but it says 4.3 is still under testing for them, so 4.4 might be further away than it seems?

I suppose it depends on whether or not they only test one firmware version at a time (probably). :D

This is probably more of an indicator that Sony have informed them that the software is due to be delivered to them for certication.

sonyupdate
    Do we need another 4.4 thread?

Yes. There is one other thread and any new news would be buried in it.

If you think not, report it and let a moderator decide, then move on. :)

sonyupdate
    Yea, I wish there was a report option in the Tapatalk. Let everyone keep opening one thread per news and flood this forum and make it unless.

Press the overflow button in the top right, then select 'Web view'.
    This will open the thread in your browser where you can report it.
    If a moderator decides to close it, then so be it.
    Now, if that's everything....... :beer:

sonyupdate