Screen rotation still broken

Search This thread

OPGT

Dec 11, 2012
rowlett
On official 4.4.2 and im not getting screen rotation?? On OG kernel, but custom rom. Is this the rom, kernel, or did I break it somehow?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

andesman90

Jul 26, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I noticed the same thing happening to me , but I think is exposed framework , are you using that? I flashed a romantic a my rotation works once I install exposed then it breaks .

dragonstalker

Jan 1, 2008
Fort Myers, Fla
On official 4.4.2 and im not getting screen rotation?? On OG kernel, but custom rom. Is this the rom, kernel, or did I break it somehow?

I think it's kitkat. i'm on stock rooted with the stock kernel i posted but still no rotation on the homescreen, but works on everything else.

chuko303

Dec 24, 2011
colorado
Yeah. Never heard of TW rotating on its own. There should be a mod and if don't work. It don't work. Having rotation on TW launcher suckss anyways

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

bobbyphoenix

Mar 30, 2010
Orlando, FL
Yeah. Never heard of TW rotating on its own. There should be a mod and if don't work. It don't work. Having rotation on TW launcher suckss anyways

Wait... Are we talking rotation on the homescreen with no apps open? TouchWiz never did that. At least not stock out of the box. If were talking within apps then yes, it should rotate, if you have it enabled in the settings. Otherwise it will stay in portrait (or landscape) at all times.

chuko303

Dec 24, 2011
colorado
Wait... Are we talking rotation on the homescreen with no apps open? TouchWiz never did that. At least not stock out of the box. If were talking within apps then yes, it should rotate, if you have it enabled in the settings. Otherwise it will stay in portrait (or landscape) at all times.

Exactly my point lol

OPGT

Dec 11, 2012
rowlett

I'm talking about apps and watching video. Rotation for TW can be done but that's a mod.

Pajar0913

Mar 5, 2013
Omaha
No matter what app I use screen rotation works. Stock everything no root 4.4.2

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium

tjones25

Nov 6, 2008

I am having the same issue with both the odin and flashable versions. It works for a while, but then stops working. Really annoying! I am not using the exposed framework or modules, purely stock. Are you removing any apps? That is the only thing I do, but nothing I know to be related.

Last edited:

bobbyphoenix

Mar 30, 2010
Orlando, FL
I'm not sure if this is it, or my "fix" will help, but maybe when updating to KK the phone wasn't level, and the compass/gyroscope calibrated itself to be off center. I don't have any issues with rotation, but what I did when I updated was I opened Bubble Level, and noticed it wasn't "level", so I reset the calibrations for the entire phone, and then put it on a level surface, and re-calibrated it, and now when I open the app on a level surface it is spot on. Maybe give that a try. Here is the app I used.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.androgames.level

Hope it helps.

Gwanatu

Oct 12, 2010
Apopka, FL
I'm not sure if this is it, or my "fix" will help, but maybe when updating to KK the phone wasn't level, and the compass/gyroscope calibrated itself to be off center. I don't have any issues with rotation, but what I did when I updated was I opened Bubble Level, and noticed it wasn't "level", so I reset the calibrations for the entire phone, and then put it on a level surface, and re-calibrated it, and now when I open the app on a level surface it is spot on. Maybe give that a try. Here is the app I used.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.androgames.level

Hope it helps.

It's funny because that app and the camera app rotate just fine, but nothing else does; not gallery, chrome or anything else I try that regularly rotates. It's definitely wanam or xposed, ran fine until I installed them.

Rharker85

Sep 20, 2012
Vineland
having problems

I still have rotation issues. I found with youtube if you make it full screen it will automatically rotate, but you have to hold it all weird for it to stay in landscape lol.

tjones25

Nov 6, 2008
It's funny because that app and the camera app rotate just fine, but nothing else does; not gallery, chrome or anything else I try that regularly rotates. It's definitely wanam or xposed, ran fine until I installed them.

I don't think is wanam or xposed. It must have something to do with an app that I am uninstalling with Titanium Backup. I am currently running Vision X N3 - Tmobile and have been doing some testing. If I uninstall my usual 60 apps that that include S Health and the related sensor app, my auto rotation will stop working. However, if i don't debloat then no issues. I have been running the bloated version for a day or so and rotation still works. I am going to try leaving S health and the related sensor app to see what happens. On 4.3 I would always remove both apps and never had an issue. Oh, and wanam and xposed are pre-installed on the rom. I don't use them, but they are pre-installed.

So, do you debloat, and if so; do you remove S health and its related sensor app?

Top Liked Posts