DI01 update with root and busybox / DI01 baseband update

Search This thread

jt1134

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 8, 2010
Please find below an update.zip containing a stock DI01 system with root and busybox. Stick it somewhere on your sdcard and flash with clockwork recovery. Now you can bring your phone back to stock without having to use Odin.

The system update will NOT flash your radio. I've replaced the radio attachment, it should work now.

This update does not remove any bloatware. It should leave you at a complete stock DI01 system with root and busybox. It will completely reformat /system, so it will work regardless of changes you may have made to your phone.

I've also attached a few apps built from aosp with a few mods. Included are the DeskClock, Gallery3D, Mms and Music apps. They will REPLACE your existing versions so back sure you have a backup in case blah blah.. The Music app is forked from Eliot Stocker's music mod (CM), and the Gallery3D app is forked from code aurora forum. DeskClock and Mms apps are forked from aosp with a few slight mods (black background in mms,etc).

DO NOT put this on your sdcard as /sdcard/update.zip. That's where clockworkmod lives.

stock DI01 system update

Attachments

• aosp-apps.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 490
  • modem_update.zip
    166.7 KB · Views: 620
Last edited:

wasupwithuman

Apr 6, 2007
Flagstaff
www.leumas.net
Attached is an update.zip that will take you from a stock DH12 to DI01 with root and busybox. Stick it somewhere on your sdcard and flash with clockwork recovery.

This meant to be flashed on a completely stock system. If you have trouble with missing apps or signatures, then flash back to stock using the odin file here.

This update will NOT flash your radio. If you applied the previous fix I posted that included the radio update, you will need to put a stock DH12 build.prop back into /system or the attached update will FAIL.

This update does not remove any bloatware. It should leave you at a complete stock DI01 system with root and busybox.

EDIT: also attached is the radio update for those who may need it.

I've also attached a few apps built from aosp with a few mods. Included are the DeskClock, Gallery3D, Mms and Music apps. They will REPLACE your existing versions so back sure you have a backup in case blah blah.. The Music app is forked from Eliot Stocker's music mod (CM), and the Gallery3D app is forked from code aurora forum. DeskClock and Mms apps are forked from aosp with a few slight mods (black background in mms,etc).

DO NOT put this on your sdcard as /sdcard/update.zip. That's where clockworkmod lives.

View attachment 406347

View attachment 406349

View attachment 406355

i think the radio update you attached has something wrong with it.

mrmorgan123

Sep 20, 2010
mine just gets stuck after it reboots into recovery and says it's installing the update but then nothing happens.

devlp1213

Jun 24, 2010
ok installed the stripped update from other post while i was rooted,no lag,clockwork,bloat removed

come over here and all i did was restored the /system only and ran the rest of the update from here in rom manager with no problems kept all data from apps n what not since all i did was reflash the /system all i gotta do is remove the bloat again tysm for all the work

stayqued

Sep 20, 2010
ok installed the stripped update from other post while i was rooted,no lag,clockwork,bloat removed

come over here and all i did was restored the /system only and ran the rest of the update from here in rom manager with no problems kept all data from apps n what not since all i did was reflash the /system all i gotta do is remove the bloat again tysm for all the work

Seems like flashing /system might be a good idea for anyone unsure of the status of their renames/deletes regarding the bloatware; after that, seems like it'd be easier to hit the OTA without any worries.

rlblosser

Feb 26, 2010
question about included apps

I was very excited to see the changed desk clock and music app. So I installed them, and all the of them worked except the desk clock. I tried it again, and still the same samsung desk clock. Is there another way to install that? I really want the old style desk clock. Thanks!

jt1134

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 8, 2010
Just pull the deskclock.apk from the zip and put it in /system/app

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

wstcoaster07

Apr 13, 2007
I ran the update to DI01 and everything it working well. I see the note that in order to upgrade the radio I must have the DH12 buildprop file... Can I still do the radio upgrade if I have already updated to DI01?

Last edited: