[Kernel] MR1 Stock "Rooted"

Search This thread

tbcpn

Dec 15, 2008
PDX
Doesn't matter (didn't check), I see no "stock" kernels floating around, someone asked for one, figured I should post it since I took time to package it.

Thanks! I spent the better part of an hour searching for this kernel last week (obviuosly without luck).

dukins

Apr 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Thank you. Much appreciated. Seems to have stopped my rebooting for now. Dont know if it had anything to do with it or not. :cool:

Speeddymon

Jan 17, 2010
WiFi not working with this kernel. Yes I moved the .ko to the right place, I'm getting invalid module format when I try to insmod it.

Please help.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Speeddymon

Jan 17, 2010
When you try to modprobe it, modprobe looks in /system/lib/modules/(kernel_version)

I should have clarified exactly what I did, so here it is from the.top:

Installed rom manager.
Installed CWM recovery.
Installed Deodexed 1.13.605.7 Basic Debloat.
WiFi continued to work at this point due to the broken updater-script that you mentioned elsewhere.
Installed a few different kernels using kernel manager and realized that WiFi had stopped working when mobile hotspot refused to come online so I could use my laptop (visiting family that has no internet)
So I assumed that the kernels had not flashed the WiFi driver. I grabbed this one extracted the kernel and driver manually, rebooted to recovery and used flash_image through adb to flash the boot partition. Then I used the adb shell to copy the driver to .../modules, changed permissions, and rebooted.

Still no working WiFi...

And I also tried flashing the kernel and driver that comes with basic debloat... Same results.

Last edited:

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
It has to be your rom, or physically your phone causing your problems.

I can't support roms made by other developers.

I verified this by deleting /system/lib/modules/bcm4329.ko (wifi driver), to "break" my wifi.

Downloaded the kernel from the thread (to make sure I am using the same version) and then flashed it.

This kernel and wifi module works fine.

When you try to modprobe it, modprobe looks in /system/lib/modules/(kernel_version)

Installed rom manager.
Installed CWM recovery.
WiFi continued to work at this point due to the broken updater-script that you mentioned elsewhere.
Installed a few different kernels using kernel manager and realized that WiFi had stopped working when mobile hotspot refused to come online so I could use my laptop (visiting family that has no internet)
So I assumed that the kernels had not flashed the WiFi driver. I grabbed this one extracted the kernel and driver manually, rebooted to recovery and used flash_image through adb to flash the boot partition. Then I used the adb shell to copy the driver to .../modules, changed permissions, and rebooted.

Still no working WiFi...

And I also tried flashing the kernel and driver that comes with basic debloat... Same results.

DroidTh3ory

Dec 12, 2010
Troy, Michigan
www.droid-hive.com

Installed rom manager.
Installed CWM recovery.

Still no working WiFi...

Did you flash using ROM Mangler?? If so... $20 says that's why the modules are jacked. Cut out the middle man and go straight to the source.... ClockworkMod.

That's all I have. Lol.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App

Speeddymon

Jan 17, 2010
Basic debloat is just a removal of the crap that comes preinstalled on the phone, so I don't think it is that, but I also thought you, jcase, were the person that released that, maybe I'm mistaken.

As for rom manager vs cwm, like I said I manually flashed the boot.img and WiFi driver thru cwm.

Edit: I see I am mistaken about who made basic debloat. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

Speeddymon

Jan 17, 2010
Got it fixed. You were right about ROM Manager... Even though it reboots into CWM for flashing, somehow the Drod kernel flash got botched which caused the driver to not work.

Used adb to get it up and running again.

On a side note, I did try again to flash this kernel and wifi broke again.. I'm willing to help troubleshoot on Saturday when I am back at home with my Uverse internet... :) just shoot me a PM

Top Liked Posts