GPS Dongle Discussion Here!!!

Search This thread

PuroKaibil

Sep 17, 2010
Dongle works like the built-in GPS with version 15 but works great with 21

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

k33py

Oct 3, 2010
I got mine through on Friday last week. I installed sygic from aptoide and it actually works 100% improvement on gps locks while moving. Thank you Asus for a great dongle.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

crazililazn

Nov 27, 2008
I posted this in one of the other dongle threads, because I didnt feel it warranted it's own thread but I got a new replacement unit from asus two weeks ago (C2 serial)

I was sitting outside a few days ago in front of my house and decided to just check gps, no dongle. my mouth dropped when I got 12/13 sats. The next day I tried again, this time it did fluctuate a lot more but I was getting 4/5 then it would jump to 8/9 back to 4/5 back up. I couldnt believe it. I dont ever use gps on my tablet anyway so it doesnt matter to me either way if it works or not. lol

I have a C5 serial and thats around the same thing that I get too. Using GPS test, I've seen the accuracy go as low as 18 ft outside, usually around 36-72 ft range. Indoors, I have seen it go as low as 36 ft, usually around the 48-96 ft range. Despite all of that, GPS is still useless because once I start moving, Google Navigation can't track me.

Will trying an offline navigation software help me or will I have to resort to the dongle :/

bliksems

Oct 7, 2012
Dallas
Where can I buy a GPS Dongle?

I got a used TF201 on 4.1.1 a few days back, I've already unlocked and rooted it following the great guides here,
but now I need a dongle for it, does anyone know where I could get one?
Thanks in advance.

Update:

I got one from dpwhitty11, thanks to those who responded

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This forum is way to over moderated. I am posting this here as requested in my thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1622447&page=2
    Polite question to Swiftks
    GPS dongle is a very big subject with loads of side subject like mine about the dongle not fitting. does it really make sense to put everything related to the GPS dongle in one thread? How is that easier for users to find relevant information without sieving through hundreds of posts in a very broad subject/thread like the GPS dongle.

Pretty simple... go to the one gps dongle thread, and use the search button.

Hey don't blame me... I received multiple reports today from your fellow XDA members complaining about the number of GPS dongle threads in this section, and requesting a Mod combine some of the threads.... guess you can't make everyone happy.
    <Mod Edit>
    Not trying to steal the OP's glory, just wanted to consolidate all the miscellaneous GPS Dongle threads into one place; as the amount of threads on the same subject was getting out of control.

PLEASE POST ALL GPS DONGLE DISCUSSION HERE.

Thanks,

SwiftKS
    (Forum Moderator)
    </Mod Edit>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just delivered, put it on and it works great! Worked much better after a reboot.

Inside the house, solid brick house, got 12 in view 8 in use, 20 ft accuracy.

Good job Asus! Thanks!!!!

(I was one of the guys who registered during that tiny window that registration was open)
    I have Champagne ... WTF
    +1 me too, mine is champagne, i think the champagne color will be ship until next week, this week only gray...
    i have a champagne as well. [snip] maybe they dont have the champagne one yet?
    So no Champagne yet... damn... I'm leaving the US next week...!

This post says they have received a Champagne version.
    Anyone with a champagne colored prime receive one yet?
    got mine 2days ago

On a separate note, my TP stopped recognizing the GPS adapter and I had to reboot to get it to show again. It had been attached and removed a few times. Is there a safe disconnect procedure? Maybe I should not connect or disconnect it while the TP display is still on.

Edit: Added reference quote

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2
    shipping

its a random generated number. I saw your other post. although its a pain, just call fed ex tomorrow to see the status of it. although you said they can't give you the tracking number, if its already shipped, they should be able to tell you over the phone where its at in route at least. when I had called them last week, I basically was patched straight through. no wait at all really.

Actually on my shipping label it says
    Ref: TF201DONGLE - "INSERT MY SERIAL NUMBER" - GRAY
    I ordered 4.6.12 & mine just shows "submitted".... I have Champagne ... WTF

+1 me too, mine is champagne, i think the champagne color will be ship until next week, this week only gray...