Just bought a VZW DE Moto X!

Search This thread

StiM_AddiCt

May 23, 2013
I cannot wait! Currently using an up-to-date OTA S4 on Verizon, meaning I am stuck with bloated touchwiz :(. Can't wait to switch over to the Dev Edition Moto X. Once the new Eclipse update is released I shall start "ROM"ing.

Reactions: YankInDaSouth

hovax615@hotmail.com

Jan 4, 2009
Corona, CA - Murfreesboro, TN
I cannot wait! Currently using an up-to-date OTA S4 on Verizon, meaning I am stuck with bloated touchwiz :(. Can't wait to switch over to the Dev Edition Moto X. Once the new Eclipse update is released I shall start "ROM"ing.

I made the switch from an at&t gs4 on mk2 using safestrap to flash Roms. Got tired of always flashing and setting up. Got this and got it rooted with gravity box, greenify. Don't really need the ROM ing on this phone. But I got a regular att not the DE

MOTO X Slapped

Teksu

Jun 9, 2010

Just moved to a moto x DE from a verizon droid maxx that was stuck on 4.4 unrooted. Honestly, i wanted the droid maxx DE, but it was out of stock and i had the money now.

Only have had it for a couple days, but im really liking the size of the device. was kinda hesitant coming from the maxx, but it feels so good im my hands. I find that im not streching to reach the notification shade, and that the phone isnt sticking out the top of my shirt pocket when im working.

Another vote for Stock + xposed = no need to ROM. Wanted the dev edition so that i can always root no matter what update they throw at us.

Reactions: StiM_AddiCt

StiM_AddiCt

May 23, 2013
Just moved to a moto x DE from a verizon droid maxx that was stuck on 4.4 unrooted. Honestly, i wanted the droid maxx DE, but it was out of stock and i had the money now.

Only have had it for a couple days, but im really liking the size of the device. was kinda hesitant coming from the maxx, but it feels so good im my hands. I find that im not streching to reach the notification shade, and that the phone isnt sticking out the top of my shirt pocket when im working.

Another vote for Stock + xposed = no need to ROM. Wanted the dev edition so that i can always root no matter what update they throw at us.

Awesome. Glad to hear the stock ROM is that good. Touchwiz left me with a bad taste in my mouth. What are the recommend "must haves" once I am rooted?

NPOA556

Jan 4, 2012
Awesome. Glad to hear the stock ROM is that good. Touchwiz left me with a bad taste in my mouth. What are the recommend "must haves" once I am rooted?

Xposed with the Gravity Box module at a minimum. The rest depends on your needs. I also have the Moto Tether module.

Another benefit of the Dev Edition is to more easily flash ROMs down the road, when Moto/Lenovo stops supporting the device and releasing updates. Right now I have no interest in going off stock, but 2 years from now, that may change if I am stuck on Android 4.5 or whatever and 5.x has been out for a year.

dray_jr

Jul 3, 2009
Fort Myers,FL
i ran a s3 for a year before switching over and i can agree i froze TW from the start and installed a diffrent launcher. but i am happy to say even the stock launcher on this phone is great.

here is some of the stuff i have done

root
xposed
titanium backup
freeze all apps i dont use
greenify
new launcher
battery state read just incase something is draining the battery
i get about 1day 4hr on a full charge.

Teksu

Jun 9, 2010
Root
Xposed; Modules: Gravity Box, Youtube ad-away, moto tether, root cloak, preference injector
Root enabled file explorer, I use Solid Explorer

Thats what im using so far, just got my DE 2 days ago, so im still getting settled in.
I also plan on flashing the image to get rid of the unlocked bootloader warning message that shows prior to the boot animation, but thats not really a big deal to me

SwiftLeeO

Jan 29, 2014
I had a Verizon S4 on MK2. I will never buy another samsung phone in my lifetime, unless they decide to get rid of touchwiz... HA, right. Right now, I currently have a VZW DE Moto X I picked up on Swappa for about 390. It took 2 days to get here, and it is great. I do not miss my S4 one little bit. I even have it up for sale on Swappa but I'm not trying to advertise so I won't go into further detail on that. I love the Moto X, but I'm worried to take it out of the house xD.

YankInDaSouth

Oct 30, 2010
Sharpsburg, GA
Another former touchwiz convert here ... Came from Verizon Note 3 (had Note 2 prior to it) and while I wasn't overly thrilled about TW, I didn't mind it on the Note series (my first devices with TW).
Loved my N2 in every way, but the N3 (for me) sucked as a phone - bad quality, dropped calls and constant data drops/in and out of 4G etc
Decided to take advantage of the Moto sales and grabbed a DE X ... Of course I was concerned about the significant size difference, but after a week or so with the x I was hooked! Sold N3 and haven't regretted it at all.
Also agree with others as far as ROM's go .. No need IMO. Get Xposed and Gravity Box and you're golden!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

StiM_AddiCt

May 23, 2013
Well both my DE and Black/White Bumper have shipped. Inter-webs say they will be here Tuesday. I shall turn on the Moto X and see if it needs to update to 4.4 and then check it out to ensure I am safe to port my number over. My phone is through a corporate account and is a pain in the ass to switch lol.

beefgoat

Jul 13, 2011
Chicago
I've had the captivate, S2, S3, and Note 3. I always flashed custom ROMs because I hated TW so much. I bought the GSM DE, and feel no need to flash any custom ROM. For the first time, I'm completely happy with stock. Now, a custom kernel is another thing all together. Lol

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

beanfield

Apr 27, 2011
Another Verizon Samsung gs4 convert. I came from Sprint before complaining about the previous few generations of HTC evo phones and I had no idea how much worse Samsung had messed up the android experience (especially with the way Verizon locks down the phone). Whomever is responsible for the abomination that is touchwiz should be flogged.

I've got the vzw de x and so far haven't seen a reason to ROM it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I made the switch from an at&t gs4 on mk2 using safestrap to flash Roms. Got tired of always flashing and setting up. Got this and got it rooted with gravity box, greenify. Don't really need the ROM ing on this phone. But I got a regular att not the DE

MOTO X Slapped
    I've had the captivate, S2, S3, and Note 3. I always flashed custom ROMs because I hated TW so much. I bought the GSM DE, and feel no need to flash any custom ROM. For the first time, I'm completely happy with stock. Now, a custom kernel is another thing all together. Lol

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Another Verizon Samsung gs4 convert. I came from Sprint before complaining about the previous few generations of HTC evo phones and I had no idea how much worse Samsung had messed up the android experience (especially with the way Verizon locks down the phone). Whomever is responsible for the abomination that is touchwiz should be flogged.

I've got the vzw de x and so far haven't seen a reason to ROM it.