[Q] Not Able to Connect Wifi to Kindle Fire 7" HD (ON button greyed out)

Search This thread

taylerzy

Apr 12, 2014
My Kindle Fire 7" HD was giving me problems a few days ago, so I used a factory cable to run KFHD_SRT_v1.2.3 (Option 2) to restore my system. It restored my Kindle with no errors, but while registering, there was no options for selecting a Wifi connection. I tried manually entering the Wifi information with no success. I skipped the Kindle registration since I couldn't connect to Wifi, and found that the ON button under the Wireless Internet options is now greyed out. "Need help connecting to Wi-Fi?" is shown underneath the On/Off buttons, but it does nothing when I click on it.

How should I attempt to connect my Kindle to wireless?

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
If rooted try running
Code:
adb shell "su -c 'idme print'"
, see if your WiFi and Bluetooth mac adresses list still on that command. I like to make sure its not a bad boot block before running a few other checks.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk

taylerzy

Apr 12, 2014
If rooted try running
Code:
, see if your WiFi and Bluetooth mac adresses list still on that command. I like to make sure its not a bad boot block before running a few other checks.

My Kindle is rooted, but the device doesn't seem to be detected by adb. When running the command, I get
C:\Users\<User Name>\Downloads\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20140321\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20140321\sdk\platform-tools>adb shell "su -c 'idme print'"
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
error: device not found

In Windows 7, I went to the Device Manager and found Kindle Fire -> Android ADB Interface. No yellow triangles indicating a problem with the drivers. Then I went to "C\Users\<User Name>\.android\adb_usb.ini" and found that 0x1949 is listed. Then I checked Kindle Settings -> Security and found that Enable ADB is On.

What am I missing here? :confused:

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
My Kindle is rooted, but the device doesn't seem to be detected by adb. When running the command, I get
C:\Users\<User Name>\Downloads\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20140321\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20140321\sdk\platform-tools>adb shell "su -c 'idme print'"
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
error: device not found

In Windows 7, I went to the Device Manager and found Kindle Fire -> Android ADB Interface. No yellow triangles indicating a problem with the drivers. Then I went to "C\Users\<User Name>\.android\adb_usb.ini" and found that 0x1949 is listed. Then I checked Kindle Settings -> Security and found that Enable ADB is On.

What am I missing here? :confused:

try uninstalling the adb interface in the device manager then refreshing the device manager to notice the device again, and install it with my drivers. If you are using the stock amazon drivers they tend to not always work, not sure if this is the case this time but its always a good idea to use googles(which is essentially what mine are, i just modifed the inf file to include the kindles vid and pid).

taylerzy

Apr 12, 2014
try uninstalling the adb interface in the device manager then refreshing the device manager to notice the device again, and install it with my drivers. If you are using the stock amazon drivers they tend to not always work, not sure if this is the case this time but its always a good idea to use googles(which is essentially what mine are, i just modifed the inf file to include the kindles vid and pid).

The device is now detected: adb devices shows List of devices attached "D025A0A0242714AL device".

Reading idme data ...
version: 1.2
boardid: 8030800000000000
serial: D025A0A0242714AL
mac: E0CB1D4A4F48
sec: 9NDPKB437GXFH0ZP0F4F
bt: E0CB1D4AF7FC
pid: (zeros)
pid2: (zeros)
bootmode: 1
postmode: *
mfg:

Last edited:

taylerzy

Apr 12, 2014
The device is now detected: adb devices shows List of devices attached "D025A0A0242714AL device".

Reading idme data ...
mfg:

Fixed! I tried many different things, but what finally fixed it was very simple.
I downloaded an updated version of SRT that has an option for restoring factory recovery:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1951254
KFHD_SRT_v1.3.5- 7.3.0
After using option 3 with admin privileges, my Kindle automatically detected nearby WiFi connections.

Reactions: elbuenzurdo

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Good, I was going to confirm at least four boot0 block is OK, but you figured the rest out so co grants and sorry for the slow reply, I'm taking it a bit easy this weekend because I have been spending too much time trying to work on a project that's a bit above me and my brain needs a bit of a break.

jchanto

May 29, 2010
same issue

same solution (restoring original recovery got my wifi working again)

IDK why custom recovery is not compatible with WIFI

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Reading idme data ...
    mfg:

Fixed! I tried many different things, but what finally fixed it was very simple.
    I downloaded an updated version of SRT that has an option for restoring factory recovery:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1951254
    KFHD_SRT_v1.3.5- 7.3.0
    After using option 3 with admin privileges, my Kindle automatically detected nearby WiFi connections.
    Good, I was going to confirm at least four boot0 block is OK, but you figured the rest out so co grants and sorry for the slow reply, I'm taking it a bit easy this weekend because I have been spending too much time trying to work on a project that's a bit above me and my brain needs a bit of a break.

same issue

same solution (restoring original recovery got my wifi working again)

IDK why custom recovery is not compatible with WIFI