Search This thread

rayiskon

Jan 9, 2011
Guys guys, stop hijacking YardE's thread, it's only for cm7 porting, let sky and yarde update it whenever they have something new, for all other links and questions use the general sections, this thread is polluted enough already.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda premium

nail16

Nov 20, 2011
Mumbai
Currently Skywalker01 is active there's no sign of yarde, so i think you better use skywalker's repo.

skywalker01

Oct 3, 2009
After some hour of work, I successfully built a CM7 rom using the YardE's code from his github repo.
Congratulations on that ! If it also actually boots you are only the third one who has accomplished that for the i9001 to my best knowledge. That's including YardE and myself ;)

Let me take a bit of familiarity with this stuff, so I can help you to make this port. Hopefully.
Actually I don't understand "Let me take a bit of familiarity", can you explain what you mean by that ?

BTW, Skywalker's repo on github looks more different than YardE's repo.
And it's even more different on my local system because it's a quite old state there on github ;)

On which one are you guys working ATM?
On none I guess. YardE was inactive for more than a month now, don't know if he even surrendered the project. manveru0 has quit i9001 development nearly 3 months ago. And I paused the CM7 development about 2 weeks ago in favor of my SkyHigh kernel development and a one week trip abroad. And I am not aware of any other experienced coder in i9001 development and that's the skill level you will need at least to succeed in porting an AOSP ROM to our phone IMHO.

Do we've two different ports?
Oh yes, YardE tried the classic way and was stuck with audio. Maybe you can solve the mystery why the gingerbread sources don't work on our device.

I had the same problem and went for a complete other solution. I tried to backport the ics audio sources to gingerbread since CM9 audio works on the i8150. Actually I succeeded to a certain degree which means you can hear some sound on my unpublished CM7 prealpha built. But this hybrid android source was merged and modified in numerous source files creating more problems than solving so I still think it is no good idea to publish anything of that. OpenSLES isn't ported at all yet, camera wasn't working at all and I needed a whole week just to make the front camera work. Back camera (webcam) and video camera still not working and much more problems. So it seems to become an endless project. Maybe I have to abandon the hybrid approach after all and try to find out why the original gingerbread audio libraries don't work on the i9001 and how samsung modified them in their stock ROMs. Of course Samsung didn't release any sources for that (and the camera and so on) claiming it contains copyrighted proprietary techniques. :mad:

Last edited:

ilpianista

Jan 15, 2012
Lecce
andreascarpino.it
Actually I don't understand "Let me take a bit of familiarity", can you explain what you mean by that ?
I built it, but I didn't try it on my phone yet.
I'm new to the Android ambient, but I'm very familiar to the *nix systems. So, I hope to learn quickly how it works.

Oh yes, YardE tried the classic way and was stuck with audio. Maybe you can solve the mystery why the gingerbread sources don't work on our device.
Ok! I'll try to make the audio working in the YardE rom then. Though, I'm a bit discouraged because you did prefer to start a new solution instead of fix it. Maybe I'm more lucky ;)

skywalker01

Oct 3, 2009
I built it, but I didn't try it on my phone yet.
I'm new to the Android ambient, but I'm very familiar to the *nix systems. So, I hope to learn quickly how it works.
That was my state also when I started with the project ;)

Ok! I'll try to make the audio working in the YardE rom then. Though, I'm a bit discouraged because you did prefer to start a new solution instead of fix it. Maybe I'm more lucky ;)
Well, to be honest I didn't prefer that. It was just logical: I was compelled to a different approach due to the hopelessness. All attempts of YardE and myself to fix the gingerbread sources miserably failed :(

But hopefully you can find the crucial fix that we overlooked :D

Reactions: maro_ka

seba2121

Oct 10, 2011
Koszalin
No. Samsung i9001 and i8150 have only same hardware, other is software.

Sorry for my english.

Napisane z SGS+ Brood RC4

mylostnick

Oct 10, 2008
No. Samsung i9001 and i8150 have only same hardware, other is software.
Hi seba, I really don't understand what d'u mean!
Galaxy W and Galaxy S+ have very similar hardware (same CPU, same graphical controller and other, readin' from pdadb.net) so I think this can be a good news.
I think that after having CM9 on Galaxy W is simple to port it to our device... please correct me if I'm wrong. I've no porting/cooking/programming skill so I'd like to better understand your words.

Thank you!

annqx

Dec 16, 2011
münster
Hi seba, I really don't understand what d'u mean!
Galaxy W and Galaxy S+ have very similar hardware (same CPU, same graphical controller and other, readin' from pdadb.net) so I think this can be a good news.
I think that after having CM9 on Galaxy W is simple to port it to our device... please correct me if I'm wrong. I've no porting/cooking/programming skill so I'd like to better understand your words.

Thank you!

Like other developer already said: it's easier to build CM9 for SGS+ from source than to port it over from SGW. You can only use some configs but most part is useless.

This was discussed 100x times over the last pages, look it up if you want a detailed post.

BzArEx

Nov 30, 2011
Rzeszow
Motherboard is diferent. Some motherboards have common structure but manufacturers like Samsung can and actually make or just order custom versions of originals. It's pretty hard to port booting and working ROM.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda premium

mylostnick

Oct 10, 2008
Thank you very much for all ur replies.
Now some things are clearest than before!
Anyway I hope we can have an ICS working ROM for our devices.
And, obviously, thanks to all developers for the actually beautiful ROMs for SGS+!

R-Boy

Mar 31, 2012
Hey guys,

I would like to see how the ported CM for i9001 looks like, but watching the overview what is already working and what is not I'm a little afraid that my device gets bricked.

So, if anyone can take some screenshots from the up-to-date ROM I would be grateful.

ilpianista

Jan 15, 2012
Lecce
andreascarpino.it
I would like to see how the ported CM for i9001 looks like, but watching the overview what is already working and what is not I'm a little afraid that my device gets bricked.
Skywalker01's zip is just a CWM backup. Backup your ROM, then restore skywalker01 backup. With these simple steps you cannot brick it.

So, if anyone can take some screenshots from the up-to-date ROM I would be grateful.
You do not see the missing feature looking at a screenshot. It's just a vanilla setup; looks like every Gingerbread/CyanogenMod7 clean installation.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fix for recovery bootloop problem

Thanks to everyone who hear my pray and tried to help with my problem (bootloop into recovery). And Acro68 sorry that i'm bothered you. I here again to publish the solution. Problem was in bootloader, like people on other forum says (it was damaged somehow, probably because kies update fails before).

1. Open Odin.exe (UnZip from Odin.zip)
    2. Go into Download mode
    3. Select OPS - AriesVE.ops (UnZip from AriesVE.zip)
    4. Select BOOT - Boot_loader.tar
    5. Flash it and bootloop into recovery never gona happen.

All the files is attached...
    I and some fellow developers (especially thanks manveru0, skywalker01, other users for testing, reporting and other help) are trying to port AOSS to our device, working with CyanogenMod 7 for now.
    You can check out this thread, repositories, and this post for changelogs, bug reports and so on.
    Github repositories:
    https://github.com/abbradar
    https://github.com/manveru0
    Feel free to check them out and fork!

Current status of porting:
    Working:
    • Screen (w. touch features, w. backlight)
    • Buttons
    • Radio (w. 2G/3G, Internet is working)
    • Bluetooth
    • WLAN
    • Rotate sensor
    • Handset button
    • USB
    • Battery sensors
    • Camera
    • GPU acceleration
    Not working:
    • GPS (does not lock)
    • Audio (both input and output, will be tough)
    • Camcorder (because of audio)
    • Storage-related (external SD not working, internal with no USB storage, vold misconfigured)
    • USB tethering/MTP (will require some programming)
    • Host access point (similar to USB tethering)
    • Light sensor
    • Buttons force feedback
    • Contacts on SIM card
    Not tested:
    • Other sensors (compass, magnetic)
    • HDMI (should not work, as logs say)
    • FM radio (should not work)
    Another bugs:
    • CyanogenMod settings doesn't work (fixed by
    • Random reboots sometimes
    • Sometimes - very long resume from sleep (30 seconds approximately)
    • Keyboard is very small
    • Dialer is laggy (because of audio)
    • USB connected notification is shown without USB cable attached
    • APN database is not working (enter settings manually)
    • Vibration strength is very weak
    Regressions: (worked before)
    • Nothing for now
    Visualized changelogs (with CM9), made and hosted by CastagnaIT in dedicated thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1492165

Last testing build (will be updated after major improvements or after some time): http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22394052&postcount=284
    skywalker01's testing builds: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22969855&postcount=394

User tomsteel1 have made good-looking banner images for our work: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22506050&postcount=350
    Hello, guys.
    First of all, sorry for my 2.5-month absence, I was really short of time because of university and long illness, so I decided to freeze module development for a while. I understand that doing so without any posts there was rude, and ask for understanding.
    Next, it was a great surprise for me to see really working CM9 for our phone!!! I can only say GJ to arco68 - thank you guy, you really did this, even without a phone! I don't think my work is relevant anymore, so I'll stop with CM7 and will check out his work (maybe I'll be of some help). I've been able to found quick solution for working audio in 2.3.7, also, but I don't think it is relevant anymore ^_^.
    Once again, good job, arco68. I'll try to build CM9 with your configuration and test it, so I'm going to be just user and tester for now. ^_^
    Here's a new full test build of the rom. This contains fixed boot image, so it actually boots (unless I screwed something up this time :p). USB connect/disconnect should work correctly, wifi I *hope* works now. In addition I added support for automatic brightness and cleaned up some stuff.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sgyv7betz6cj9mp

And lol at the tags. Who wrote that? :D
    I am a CM9 porter for Galaxy SL. I have come across issues with audio in Galaxy SL also, which I have overcome by coding an Audio wrapper. If you need any help with fixing audio on S+, count me in.