[Q] LG G2 D802 Black Screen

Search This thread

Demitha

Aug 12, 2014
Guys i have a problem with my LG g2 D802 with screen turning black often, then i messed around with the phone and ticked the option "always GUP overly" something like that in developer menu, anyways after that i didn't had any problem for 3 days, then again the blackout started,after restarting the phone more than 10 times i got the display back, then i checked if that overlay option is still ticked, is wasn't ticked , and i didnt touched it, anyways ..this should be an software problem right? anyone here know how to fix this ?:confused: Help me out please

Best Wishes

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
@Demitha some options in developer options resets after boot so they are getting unticked by the system itself. I don't know why your screen turns black after enabling that option, the onkly thing i can say to try is to wipe cache/dalvik-cache and even maybe an factory reset and if those things doesnt work then reflash stock.

We could also see maybe what caused an bsod when you logcat but since it appears often its hard to say when you need to start logging.

Reactions: Demitha

Demitha

Aug 12, 2014
@Demitha some options in developer options resets after boot so they are getting unticked by the system itself. I don't know why your screen turns black after enabling that option, the onkly thing i can say to try is to wipe cache/dalvik-cache and even maybe an factory reset and if those things doesnt work then reflash stock.

We could also see maybe what caused an bsod when you logcat but since it appears often its hard to say when you need to start logging.

the option name is "disable HW Overlays" screen dont turn black after enabling that option, i meant,screen didnt blackout after enabling it, but yet some times screen goes out, :rolleyes: i did reset the phone once, didn't fix the issues, how do i reflash a stock? i never done it?is there a video guide or something? help me out please.

Best Wishes

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
@Demitha well if it was even worse before then i suggest you to charge your phone to 80-100% for safety because it may take a long time, maybe it can be lower but for safety I always have my battery around that percentage. And then you can try the guide. If your screen turns black can you touch it on random spots to see or it makes sound noises like if you click on anything.

Demitha

Aug 12, 2014
@Demitha well if it was even worse before then i suggest you to charge your phone to 80-100% for safety because it may take a long time, maybe it can be lower but for safety I always have my battery around that percentage. And then you can try the guide. If your screen turns black can you touch it on random spots to see or it makes sound noises like if you click on anything.

i hear sounds and vibrations, phone is totally working on the blackout

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
@Demitha it could be but i am not sure, it could be also an hardware defect maybe, and also maybe an software so try to reflash it I am not sure or its hardware or software since it could be both.

Demitha

Aug 12, 2014
@Demitha here is the guide if you didn't founded it yet: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476

Did you had this blackout also before enabling it?

@Demitha it could be but i am not sure, it could be also an hardware defect maybe, and also maybe an software so try to reflash it I am not sure or its hardware or software since it could be both.

if i flash the phone,i will get software updates like normally ?

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
@Demitha if you flash the phone to 4.4.2 then you will still get software updates for apps, system incremental updates etc so dont worry about it. You need to care first more to find out the black screen problem. Also if you have an blackscreen do you see like an backlight on ? That the black color gives light ?

Demitha

Aug 12, 2014
@Demitha if you flash the phone to 4.4.2 then you will still get software updates for apps, system incremental updates etc so dont worry about it. You need to care first more to find out the black screen problem. Also if you have an blackscreen do you see like an backlight on ? That the black color gives light ?

yes it does, it like a black light,not very bright but the light is there :eek:

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
@Demitha ahh okay so its not totally off, it could be an software problem since i also had something like that on custom roms when waking up my device (bsod) but i dont remember that my touchscreen still works that i hear those noises so it could be also an hardware problem. The only thing i cannsay is flash it to stock once again like it came out of the box and use it for a couple days to see or its coming back. If so can you reply again to this thread? I think that some g2 users could maybe say more about this subject since i dont have the g2. I also read about display graphics ram which saves battery by holding an image and displaying it like that instead of the gpu so i thought maybe that it got bugged or what, correct me if i'm wrong I read it today in the morning around 2 am.

Demitha

Aug 12, 2014
@Demitha ahh okay so its not totally off, it could be an software problem since i also had something like that on custom roms when waking up my device (bsod) but i dont remember that my touchscreen still works that i hear those noises so it could be also an hardware problem. The only thing i cannsay is flash it to stock once again like it came out of the box and use it for a couple days to see or its coming back. If so can you reply again to this thread? I think that some g2 users could maybe say more about this subject since i dont have the g2. I also read about display graphics ram which saves battery by holding an image and displaying it like that instead of the gpu so i thought maybe that it got bugged or what, correct me if i'm wrong I read it today in the morning around 2 am.

well, i never flashed a phone before, im afraid i might do it wrong :mad:

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
@Demitha i know that you are scared for the first time, when i flashed an android phone for the first time (Htc google nexus one, i miss the trackball xd) i read everything carefully and i did it good :) it was different then windows mobile since i was the first android user in my family. but i had it for some weeks and sold it again because i had touchscreen issues,power button didnt worked so yeah. But that was some hardware issue which wasn't caused by the flash but it was the previous owner.

So just read the guide carefully, backup all your files to be sure and charge your phone to 80% atleast thats what i am always doing. Or you need to know an geeky friend who also do these stuff :)

Last edited:

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
@Demitha you said you have the d802 version and i also see in the build/software number the d802 so
You need to flash the d802 version which is the international one so just find the d802 files and flash it :) goodluck! Reply if you need help again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

@Demitha i know that you are scared for the first time, when i flashed an android phone for the first time (Htc google nexus one, i miss the trackball xd) i read everything carefully and i did it good :) it was different then windows mobile since i was the first android user in my family. but i had it for some weeks and sold it again because i had touchscreen issues,power button didnt worked so yeah. But that was some hardware issue which wasn't caused by the flash but it was the previous owner.

So just read the guide carefully, backup all your files to be sure and charge your phone to 80% atleast thats what i am always doing. Or you need to know an geeky friend who also do these stuff :)