[Q] Bootlooping, fixed, now bootlooping again

Search This thread

eteb3

Jan 27, 2014
Hello

Excuse me if this is too much a noob question. Most important points have a *

- I was given a S i9000 by a friend who had already modified the code somehow.

- Always slow to start - sometimes 15 mins of the Galaxy start screen coming and going, as if bootlooping, but then it would eventually start working. (Sometimes much quicker. Odd).

- Sometimes I got an error message that the file 1386580044060.xml couldn't be found. Nothing would happen - that message just appeared and then disappeared.

* One day it was bootlooping. A friend fixed it as detailed here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1886393

- The message about 1386580044060.xml being missing still kept appearing, now more frequently.

* Then after a couple of weeks the phone went back into bootloop.

1) Is there a fix?
2) Is it worth it or will this sort of thing keep happening?

Ideally I think (warning: noob speaking) I'd like to image the phone with an image of an out-of-the-box - but I'm here for your advice!

Thanks for any thoughts.

Edward

tetakpatak

Jan 6, 2013
Lucerne
You can save all your data and either flash some of the latest Gingerbread stock ROMs with Odin.
JW9 for Great Britain from sammobile.com is great. It usually doesn't wipe data but better save it twice.
Alternatively, you can also just make factory reset in your stock recovery mode, it will wipe all your data but maybe phone will work good again.

I wouldn't do that if you are on Froyo or Eclair, Gingerbread is so much better.

You will have really good working phone at least then. It is up to you, but I would recommend to root it and then you can at least make a nandroid backup (like ghost image) of your whole device and can restore it any time when something like that happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: eteb3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can save all your data and either flash some of the latest Gingerbread stock ROMs with Odin.
    JW9 for Great Britain from sammobile.com is great. It usually doesn't wipe data but better save it twice.
    Alternatively, you can also just make factory reset in your stock recovery mode, it will wipe all your data but maybe phone will work good again.

I wouldn't do that if you are on Froyo or Eclair, Gingerbread is so much better.

You will have really good working phone at least then. It is up to you, but I would recommend to root it and then you can at least make a nandroid backup (like ghost image) of your whole device and can restore it any time when something like that happens.