[Q] downgrade to jellybean

Search This thread

rubez

Feb 18, 2014
anyone know how to downgrade from kitkat to jellybean?

kitkat is bull****. no notification light, now screen doesn't even light up when I recieve a text.

thanks.

theprince1991

Dec 8, 2008
flashtool is a rar. do I use it on PC?

If you download the latest version it's an executable so you don't need to decompress it with winrar.

Download Jellybean ftf's from here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2631291

I've got kitkat myself and I have to say it works 100%, I have no bugs whatsoever, battery life excellent. I wiped my phone completely before upgrading to KitKat maybe that's the difference between bugs and no bugs.

rubez

Feb 18, 2014
If you download the latest version it's an executable so you don't need to decompress it with winrar.

Download Jellybean ftf's from here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2631291

I've got kitkat myself and I have to say it works 100%, I have no bugs whatsoever, battery life excellent. I wiped my phone completely before upgrading to KitKat maybe that's the difference between bugs and no bugs.

Since kitkat, my notification light stopped working, and now my screen does not light up when I receive a message... bullcrap.

I downloaded emma flashtool, and signed up, but no authentication email yet (hours ago) and you can't use it without that.

Last edited:

theprince1991

Dec 8, 2008
Since kitkat, my notification light stopped working, and now my screen does not light up when I receive a message... bullcrap.

I downloaded emma flashtool, and signed up, but no authentication email yet (hours ago) and you can't use it without that.

My one still works and my screen does light up when I receive a message. If you're going to downgrade you might as well reset your phone. I'm sure that'll solve your problems.

Of course it's up to you.

rubez

Feb 18, 2014
My one still works and my screen does light up when I receive a message. If you're going to downgrade you might as well reset your phone. I'm sure that'll solve your problems.

Of course it's up to you.

How do I reset my phone?

Does this wipe photos/contacts etc?

Is there a deafults option?

Thanks.

edit: Will a factory reset bring me back to jellybean?

Last edited:

theprince1991

Dec 8, 2008
How do I reset my phone?

Does this wipe photos/contacts etc?

Is there a deafults option?

Thanks.

edit: Will a factory reset bring me back to jellybean?

Yeah it will wipe absolutely everything. But so will a downgrade to Jelly Bean.

Files on your SD card will remain but I would take it out before you reset it just in case.

Contacts should be sync'd to your google account?

The only thing I've needed to do after a hard reset is download my apps again. You can backup your SMS and Call log using an app on the playstore called Super Backup.

To do a hard reset:

Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset.

A factory reset will just wipe all data on the ROM you're on. If you're on Kitkat and you do a factory reset you will remain on KitKat but all data will be removed (apart from factory data/apps). If you're on JellyBean and you do a factory reset you will remain on JellyBean but all user data will be wiped (factory data/apps will remain).