Spend all night trying to root.

Search This thread

wowmk1

Jun 16, 2014
I have a LG optimus g pro at&t unlocked and updated to 4.4.2. Spend all night trying to root. i get the following error
"adbd cannot run as root in production builds error: device not found " Tried on 2 different pc's, same result. Any ideas? Thanks guys.
got it to root somehow, how can i get clockworkMod Recovery now?

Last edited:

Stuart Little

Aug 12, 2013
Utrecht
www.mailtown.tk
You can root with:

POOT: This app is a one click root app. No computer needed

Framaroot:
Framaroot is a oneclick root app . No computer needed
This is the most popular one!

Z4Root: Z4Root is an oneclick root app . No computer needed

Towelroot: Towelroot is an oneclick root app. No computer needed

Baidu: No information

Vroot: No information

Gingerbreak: This app can root almost all gingerbread devices

Downloads:

Poot - Download the app >>here<<

Framaroot - Download the app inside this XDA Thread - >> CLICK HERE <<

Z4ROOT - Download the app inside this XDA Thread - >> CLICK HERE <<

Towelroot - Download the app inside this XDA Thread - >> CLICK HERE <<

Baidu ROOT - Download the app >> HERE <<

vROOT - Download the app >> HERE <<

Gingerbreak - Download the app inside this XDA Thread - >> CLICK HERE <<

Flash a SU ZIP - Download the ZIP >> HERE << and flash it on your unlocked bootloader phone !

Hit thanks if you liked this post or this post has helped you out !

Reactions: Mervingio

basicone1

Feb 28, 2014
I have a LG optimus g pro at&t unlocked and updated to 4.4.2. Spend all night trying to root. i get the following error
"adbd cannot run as root in production builds error: device not found " Tried on 2 different pc's, same result. Any ideas? Thanks guys.

Start your device by pressing volume+ and power and hold it until the screen gets black. Release both buttons and press volume-
It works for me every time.

hawkwind212

Feb 16, 2011
Falls Church,VA
Moto G Power
I too received the same message when I tried to root. Something had to do with att locking boot.img. Use a program called rootmaster to root my phone.

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

baobrain

May 19, 2014

I realize that this post is nearly one month old, but I rooted using Towelroot(only works if you haven't updated to the latest firmware from AT&T) mentioned above, and then used the method that chappatti found [here](http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52945705&postcount=1) to install the custom CWM.

Of course, if you want TWRP, you can always use FreeGee in the play store to install that easily.

Tambuyeye

Mar 28, 2008

Let me first thank the forum for helping me root my E98020g and for the files. Ok so all the info is here on the forum but not really in one place. i cant remember where exactly to find them so im a just put the instructions and files up for you and everyone else. hope this helps.

1. Use roottool.kitkat to root the device (unzip>>run the "startroot.bat" file thats in the folder>>and follow the instructions.)

2. After device is rooted and reboot place SuperSU, GPRO_Recovery and FreeGee apks on the device

3. Install SuperSU, GPRO_Recovery and FreeGee apks

4. Run the now installed app GPRO_Recovery and select "Flash Kitkat Recovery for G Pro". WHEN ITS DONE DONT REBOOT .

5. Now run the already installed app FreeGee and install CWM-6.0.4.7 or TWRP, when its done u can reboot to recovery to check.:good:

Here try this and see what happens. the 6th post down on this link has the files for the job http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2558697&page=90

Last edited:
Reactions: laofan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can root with:

POOT: This app is a one click root app. No computer needed

Framaroot:
    Framaroot is a oneclick root app . No computer needed
    This is the most popular one!

Z4Root: Z4Root is an oneclick root app . No computer needed

Towelroot: Towelroot is an oneclick root app. No computer needed

Baidu: No information

Vroot: No information

Gingerbreak: This app can root almost all gingerbread devices

Downloads:

Poot - Download the app >>here<<

Framaroot - Download the app inside this XDA Thread - >> CLICK HERE <<

Z4ROOT - Download the app inside this XDA Thread - >> CLICK HERE <<

Towelroot - Download the app inside this XDA Thread - >> CLICK HERE <<

Baidu ROOT - Download the app >> HERE <<

vROOT - Download the app >> HERE <<

Gingerbreak - Download the app inside this XDA Thread - >> CLICK HERE <<

Flash a SU ZIP - Download the ZIP >> HERE << and flash it on your unlocked bootloader phone !

Hit thanks if you liked this post or this post has helped you out !

Let me first thank the forum for helping me root my E98020g and for the files. Ok so all the info is here on the forum but not really in one place. i cant remember where exactly to find them so im a just put the instructions and files up for you and everyone else. hope this helps.

1. Use roottool.kitkat to root the device (unzip>>run the "startroot.bat" file thats in the folder>>and follow the instructions.)

2. After device is rooted and reboot place SuperSU, GPRO_Recovery and FreeGee apks on the device

3. Install SuperSU, GPRO_Recovery and FreeGee apks

4. Run the now installed app GPRO_Recovery and select "Flash Kitkat Recovery for G Pro". WHEN ITS DONE DONT REBOOT .

5. Now run the already installed app FreeGee and install CWM-6.0.4.7 or TWRP, when its done u can reboot to recovery to check.:good:

Here try this and see what happens. the 6th post down on this link has the files for the job http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2558697&page=90