[THEME]OpenZio-ICS-Alpha

Search This thread

Mattix724

Sep 26, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
OnePlus 8
I've scrapped my original idea, started over, and have been adding parts of ICS from around XDA to the OpenZio framework. This is a work in progress and this thread will be updated as the theme progresses.

Download - http://db.tt/VYTpvjmD

Installation instructions

1. Download the flash-able zip from the link above.
2. Shutdown your M6000 Zio.
3. Press the power button then quickly hold both the power and call buttons until fastboot appears on your screen.
4. Using the Android SDK use the fastboot boot [image name here] command to boot the recovery image.
5. It is highly recommended that you perform a backup of your current system before flashing this!
6. Install zip from SD card and select this theme.
7. Not really necessary but wipe dalvik-cache before rebooting.
8. Reboot and wait a few minutes for the system to start up.
9. Enjoy the theme, there will be more updates coming soon!

Screen Shots - Coming soon!

Sent from my Zio using xda premium

Last edited:

Mattix724

Sep 26, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
OnePlus 8
What's new?

% battery icons 0-100
Signal icons
Notification drop down design
Blue highlights
Dark menu instead of white, text is still black but I'm working on changing to white because it is hard to read.
Lock slider resembles ICS

Working on

Adding ICS keyboard to the flashable zip
Making SystemUI work with the framework
Adding ICS ring lock, currently the only option for that is WidgetLocker
Theming system apps such as Dialer, mms, and a bunch more to remove remaining orange highlights
Much more...

Last edited:

jchapel

Apr 8, 2011
Denver
I moved on to the Cricket Indulge but I still have my ZIO to play around with so I thought I give your theme a try. I assume that this is an openZIO theme and will not work over a stock ZIO. You might want to clarify this for all the noobs around here.

I really like what you have done with the notification drop down. The text for the battery and 3G indicators are too small for my aging eyes, but some will like it. The ICS keyboard is a is a nice touch, way better than stock.

If any openZIO users are looking for a fresh look they should give this theme a try. Looks like you are off to a good start I have noticed no other flaws other than the grey text on the black menu and you have already pointed that out.

Keep up the good work Mattix.

Mattix724

Sep 26, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
OnePlus 8
I moved on to the Cricket Indulge but I still have my ZIO to play around with so I thought I give your theme a try. I assume that this is an openZIO theme and will not work over a stock ZIO. You might want to clarify this for all the noobs around here.

I really like what you have done with the notification drop down. The text for the battery and 3G indicators are too small for my aging eyes, but some will like it. The ICS keyboard is a is a nice touch, way better than stock.

If any openZIO users are looking for a fresh look they should give this theme a try. Looks like you are off to a good start I have noticed no other flaws other than the grey text on the black menu and you have already pointed that out.

Should work on the stock rom but there will be the openzio notification background and say OpenZio v2.1.2.

The only changes in the framework so far is the png's for the theme.

I'll be working on updates and if you want I can drop a metamorph file for rooted users to try on other devices, I just have to be careful of which parts I can add to the morph so there isn't any boot loops.

I'll see if I can find blue or white 3g and other icons. I can use either a blue or white signal icon... What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Reactions: Fauxfire27

Fauxfire27

Feb 27, 2011
I dl'd this and flashed... IT IS AWESOME!!!!! you FREAKIN ROCK DUDE!! i have been looking for a fresh look for my zio since i flashed openZio 2.1.2, this is by far the best i have found. please let me know as soon as you have a fix for the menu text. ( i'm currently trying to learn how to do this myself BUT i have no idea what i'm doing,or what to look for )

EDIT:
If you have any specialized programs for working on jar or class files could you tell me what they are? i'm having a tough time finding a decent one for myself.

Last edited:

xnofear 210x

Mar 10, 2011
i would like to try the new theme on my zio but it all dead and rearly play with it now that i have and evo flashed to criket just working on getting the mms to work still stuck on that lol well keep up the good work for those zios out there

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've scrapped my original idea, started over, and have been adding parts of ICS from around XDA to the OpenZio framework. This is a work in progress and this thread will be updated as the theme progresses.

Download - http://db.tt/VYTpvjmD

Installation instructions

1. Download the flash-able zip from the link above.
    2. Shutdown your M6000 Zio.
    3. Press the power button then quickly hold both the power and call buttons until fastboot appears on your screen.
    4. Using the Android SDK use the fastboot boot [image name here] command to boot the recovery image.
    5. It is highly recommended that you perform a backup of your current system before flashing this!
    6. Install zip from SD card and select this theme.
    7. Not really necessary but wipe dalvik-cache before rebooting.
    8. Reboot and wait a few minutes for the system to start up.
    9. Enjoy the theme, there will be more updates coming soon!

Screen Shots - Coming soon!

What's new?

% battery icons 0-100
    Signal icons
    Notification drop down design
    Blue highlights
    Dark menu instead of white, text is still black but I'm working on changing to white because it is hard to read.
    Lock slider resembles ICS

Working on

Adding ICS keyboard to the flashable zip
    Making SystemUI work with the framework
    Adding ICS ring lock, currently the only option for that is WidgetLocker
    Theming system apps such as Dialer, mms, and a bunch more to remove remaining orange highlights
    Much more...

OP updated, flashable zip now available. Alpha release.

Should work on the stock rom but there will be the openzio notification background and say OpenZio v2.1.2.

The only changes in the framework so far is the png's for the theme.

I'll be working on updates and if you want I can drop a metamorph file for rooted users to try on other devices, I just have to be careful of which parts I can add to the morph so there isn't any boot loops.

I'll see if I can find blue or white 3g and other icons. I can use either a blue or white signal icon... What do you guys think?