[UPDATE][2.1+] Revolutionary task switching app

Search This thread

kbzium

Mar 14, 2012
Hi there,

i've written an application that displayes recent tasks directly on the taskbar, so they can be switched very easily. I know there is a hardware button, but you have to press it for approx 2 sec (and tear it to), you have no option to determine which applications you'd like to have displayed.

This application allows you to do so and other things. Try! I think that it will be a must for some of you (of course not everybody, i know that).

I cannot post a direct link to the market as it is my first post here, so please search for:

"Taskbar switcher"
W6mtM8VOWVtPOuTmbBY1jOymQa1wOQVb2TACwYhbaMQqffEOba6A_qJs_PQLv0it-kg=w705

on the android market.

I'd appreciate any comments, complains or suggestions.

heres the market link https://play.google.com/store/apps/...wxLDEsImNvbS5nZHJvaWQudGFza2JhcnN3aXRjaGVyIl0.

Last edited:

sthomas38

Feb 9, 2012
Oh nice! Could be better if there was a red cross for exemple on each notification to kill te app :).

And ICS-ized notifications too :D.

kbzium

Mar 14, 2012
As i said, it is not a task killer :). Those are extremely stupid IMHO since they spoil what Android was intented to be - it can handle it's applications and their lifetime on its own.

The only thing that I can understand is that killing an app can make you battery live a couple of minutes longer. But: if an application is written good, you won't notice any difference :)

Thanks for reply!

sthomas38

Feb 9, 2012
What I'm asking is not killing the app (excuse me if I didn't explained it nice), just the notification :).

kbzium

Mar 14, 2012
Oh i see. This option will be added in the next update (approx on friday :) ).

Wish you'll use it :)
Thanks!

conantroutman

Retired Senior Moderator - XDA Portal Team
Dec 10, 2009
Added the link into the OP for you ;)

Nice work by the way.

Sent From My Fingers To Your Face.....

Reactions: kbzium

kbzium

Mar 14, 2012
Thank you very much! :) It's a shame that this app will never go beyond 2.5k downloads and that farting stuff goes over 100000. A little bit unfair :)

CATA-

Jan 30, 2012
Qué te Importa
Big idea = great app

I like for a minimal view, like the power control just up. "Horizontal" in one word.

Tetas naturales > Tetas hechas
Sorry my bad english

conantroutman

Retired Senior Moderator - XDA Portal Team
Dec 10, 2009
Would it be possible to implement the ICS swipe to remove function and an option to change the background colour of the notification?

Reactions: Bec07

projeqht

Feb 5, 2012
Nice app! Great work man...

Would be nice if there was an option to remove the dots that take up the Notification tray at the top of the screen.. I forget if that affects the way android kills apps though..?

CTR01

Jan 19, 2011
Seattle
Would it be possible to get an apk or something. My phone is not functioning correctly and doesn't download/install apps from the market. Thanks and looks good.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there,

i've written an application that displayes recent tasks directly on the taskbar, so they can be switched very easily. I know there is a hardware button, but you have to press it for approx 2 sec (and tear it to), you have no option to determine which applications you'd like to have displayed.

This application allows you to do so and other things. Try! I think that it will be a must for some of you (of course not everybody, i know that).

I cannot post a direct link to the market as it is my first post here, so please search for:

"Taskbar switcher"
    W6mtM8VOWVtPOuTmbBY1jOymQa1wOQVb2TACwYhbaMQqffEOba6A_qJs_PQLv0it-kg=w705

on the android market.

I'd appreciate any comments, complains or suggestions.

heres the market link https://play.google.com/store/apps/...wxLDEsImNvbS5nZHJvaWQudGFza2JhcnN3aXRjaGVyIl0.
    Added the link into the OP for you ;)

Nice work by the way.

Sent From My Fingers To Your Face.....
    Would it be possible to implement the ICS swipe to remove function and an option to change the background colour of the notification?
    Nice app and very useful but do we really need the blue dots and the app names scrolling? It takes up to much space. Wouldn't it be nicer to just have the apps listed when you pull down?
    The app would succeed more the less we see it.

--------------
    Sent from HTC Rezound with Tapatalk
    Thus is the best layout. Any chance to aplly?

As far as i know Android OS up to version 3.0 does not let you to have clickable buttons in notifications so there is only one click per notification... BUT i'm thinking about a trick and I will try it shortly.

Please standby :)