Update?

Search This thread

Nickitt

Dec 21, 2011
Kansas City
I have a wifi only Xoom and it is Rooted. My question to you is, since it is rooted I obviously cannot be updated via OTA, it keeps showing up that I need to update. I cannot turn off automatic update when I go to about then update. Its really no big deal tbh, but it is really flipping annoying and just keeps coming back...

I would really appreciate some feed back and hope someone knows how to fix my problem. Thanks XDA!!!

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

tbtaf

Feb 10, 2011
Tampa, Fl.
I would also suggest you check out voodoo root saver on the market. Its supposed to let your root survive an ota update.

willysp

Apr 6, 2010
I have a wifi only Xoom and it is Rooted. My question to you is, since it is rooted I obviously cannot be updated via OTA, it keeps showing up that I need to update. I cannot turn off automatic update when I go to about then update. Its really no big deal tbh, but it is really flipping annoying and just keeps coming back...

I would really appreciate some feed back and hope someone knows how to fix my problem. Thanks XDA!!!

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

Make sure you read the "General" and "Android Dev" sections also - don't just ask a question in "Q&A". As stated in post #2, there is an existing (though only about 1 day old) solution - and it worked quite well for me.

Good luck.

Nickitt

Dec 21, 2011
Kansas City
Make sure you read the "General" and "Android Dev" sections also - don't just ask a question in "Q&A". As stated in post #2, there is an existing (though only about 1 day old) solution - and it worked quite well for me.

Good luck.

Well mister, how about you go ahead and post that sweet little HTML so I may click on it and square this away eh?

Or, it would be amazing if someone can just simply tell me which process to freeze. Cannot find a damn process with the word "update" in it to freeze.
IDGAF about a damn update, like I said, I am CONTENT with everything I have on my XOOM right now. Simply need to find the "process name" to freeze..

Sorry to be short, but I am pissed off, aggravated and personally am about to throw this in the Hudson river.

willysp

Apr 6, 2010
Well mister, how about you go ahead and post that sweet little HTML so I may click on it and square this away eh?

Or, it would be amazing if someone can just simply tell me which process to freeze. Cannot find a damn process with the word "update" in it to freeze.
IDGAF about a damn update, like I said, I am CONTENT with everything I have on my XOOM right now. Simply need to find the "process name" to freeze..

Sorry to be short, but I am pissed off, aggravated and personally am about to throw this in the Hudson river.

I thought from your first post that you wanted to be able to update and stay rooted. I referenced the "sweet HTML" already in post #2 as a way to update and stay rooted.