[Q] Phone app not working no incoming calls and unable to hang up outgoing calls

Search This thread

seantg

Nov 10, 2010
ok first let me say
this i believe my first post
i search and read a lot but comment none
so here we go
i have a SPH-L720 that i UNLOCKED and use on Straight talk
im currently running the latest Beanstalk Rom 4.4.2 215 for sprint
the versions before this ...
my baseband is MDC
i have wiped cach/davlik/and everything else
i have reinstalled clean
i have tried a different kernel (chronic)
i have tried different phone modes im currenlty on global (have tried GSM/Wcdma prefered etc.) and tested after a reboot
i think its the phone.apk itself
this phone worked flawlessly on the darthstalker rom multi-carrier
and aside from the no incoming calls & the inability to hang up out going calls everything works perfect

EVERYTHING
IM A BEANSTALK DIE HARD
i dont want to use another rom for me this rom is PERFECT
thanks for the help -Sean

cautious911

Aug 12, 2009
Tampa, FL
Google Pixel 5a
No info yet supposedly the Heimdal is fix for this problem .. I'm same boat except I been trying for weeks now to get heimdal parts to even work ...If you find anything out please keep posted

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bignick1215

Jan 13, 2013
Does it just not ring or does it not power up for you to answer? And same for hang up does the screen come back on? Can you make calls?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Sphansek

Oct 10, 2010
Had the same issue

I had the same issue with my S4. tried the Heimdall fix and it did not work for me.

Finally I had to flash MK2 and get back on to 4.3

The phone app works fine now. I tried to flask 4.4.2 rom again yesterday but still no luck with the dialer. Staying on 4.3 until we can find a solution to the dialer app crashing or Samsung releases 4.4.2 for S4 :(

thegoodboy66

Nov 23, 2011
Same problem GS4 Sprint

Greetings,

Same problem here, I haven't tried incoming calls as I installed the ROM last night. But I'm not able to hang up a phone call.

Any suggestions appreciated.

anees02

Feb 9, 2009
Sana'a
Xiaomi 12T Pro
I also have the same issue....i tried to update from stock rooted mk2 (with mf9 bootloader) to stock rooted NAE kitkat
But the phone app doesn't respond even i flashed the NAE only modem but no luck.
I tried to flash back to mk2 modem but no success (Baseband: Unknown)

Now I am downloading the stock mf9 .tar file to flash through odin...may be the modem or efs is corrupted.
then i will see if the phone app will work?

thegoodboy66

Nov 23, 2011
What ROM? Firmware? Clean install?

BeanStalk, Clean Install, using the phone outside USA in GSM Mode.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Does it just not ring or does it not power up for you to answer? And same for hang up does the screen come back on? Can you make calls?

It rings on the other end, but nothing appears on the phone screen. Not able to able hang up calls. Also happened the Same with CyanogenMod 11. I'm currently back to stock MK2 4.3. using the phone outside USA in GSM mode/operator.

bignick1215

Jan 13, 2013
Got a friend had the same issues on beanstalk bit I Dont know build dates. Also if youre running kts on there I believe they're some setting adjustments that'll get the screen active again. I know that isnt such help butight give you a place to start looking. I Dont have the beanstalk option on USC so I'm notuch help

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk