Arnova 10 G2 (RK2918 based tablet)

Search This thread

p1ceus

Mar 26, 2010
Brno
Hello all :)

I just bought Archos Arnova 10 G2 few days ago and till now I would say I kinda satisfied with the device. But since we are here on XDA, enjoyment from this device could be even better ;)

I tried to put a custom rom (here) to my device but unfortunatelly I'm not a lucky guy and device didn't boot at all. So I ask uncle Google for help and found this great tool that allowed me to root the tablet easily and put some extra apps into /system/app. I then encounter endless problems with Maket to even get it to work and found a way here (download the attached .zip, copy it to the device and install .apk's in order posted, reboot the device and you have Market and Google apps up and running ;)). And this is where my problems started to appear...

Market in that .zip is veeery old (v1.82) so I put there new version (3.3.11) and it seems to work well too but just until I try to install some app from Market => FC.
I read something about permisions set wrong or some another component/app is not installed or incompatible with Market 3+ (btw, only version working is 1.82 and 3.3.11 -with problems. Another version give my FC during loading).

So, now to the point :) I managed to get some feedback from LogCat when Market FC:
Code:
D/Finsky  ( 1912): [1] DownloadRestarterRule.run: Recovering from Market exit when restoring / downloading assets.
D/Finsky  ( 1912): [1] SanityChecker.run: # LocalAssets corrected : 1
D/Finsky  ( 1912): Sanity check took : 24 ms
D/Finsky  ( 1912): [1] DownloadTickleReceiver.onReceive: Received tickle.
W/Finsky  ( 1912): [1] DownloadTickleReceiver.generatePackageProperties: Received refund period time end string : null
D/Finsky  ( 1912): [1] DownloadTickleReceiver.parseObb: Not generating OBB (patch false)
D/Finsky  ( 1912): [1] DownloadTickleReceiver.parseObb: Not generating OBB (patch true)
D/Finsky  ( 1912): [1] Installer.downloadAndInstallAsset: Downloading and installing Google Docs.
D/Finsky  ( 1912): [1] DownloadImpl.setState: com.google.android.apps.docs from null to UNQUEUED.
D/dalvikvm( 1912): GC_CONCURRENT freed 404K, 52% free 2884K/5895K, external 793K/1051K, paused 4ms+3ms
D/Finsky  ( 1912): [1] DownloadQueueImpl.add: Download com.google.android.apps.docs added to DownloadQueue
D/Finsky  ( 1912): [1] DownloadImpl.setState: com.google.android.apps.docs from UNQUEUED to QUEUED.
I/installd(   60): free_cache(2618907) avail 195815424
D/Finsky  ( 1912): [23] DownloadRecords.initializeAndPrune: Pruned 0 old downloads from the cursor.
D/Finsky  ( 1912): [1] DownloadQueueImpl.startDownload: Download com.google.android.apps.docs starting
D/Finsky  ( 1912): [1] DownloadRestarter.onPostExecute: Recovering restore of com.stumbleupon.android.app
D/Finsky  ( 1912): [1] DownloadRestarter.handleObbResumingOrRestart: No OBB's associated to this asset.
D/Finsky  ( 1912): [1] DownloadRestarter.restartAssetDownload: Restarting asset download : com.stumbleupon.android.app
E/DatabaseUtils(  269): Writing exception to parcel
E/DatabaseUtils(  269): java.lang.SecurityException: Invalid value for is_public_api: null
E/DatabaseUtils(  269):         at com.android.providers.downloads.DownloadProvider.enforceAllowedValues(DownloadProvider.java:686)
E/DatabaseUtils(  269):         at com.android.providers.downloads.DownloadProvider.checkInsertPermissions(DownloadProvider.java:624)
E/DatabaseUtils(  269):         at com.android.providers.downloads.DownloadProvider.insert(DownloadProvider.java:442)
E/DatabaseUtils(  269):         at android.content.ContentProvider$Transport.insert(ContentProvider.java:198)
E/DatabaseUtils(  269):         at android.content.ContentProviderNative.onTransact(ContentProviderNative.java:146)
E/DatabaseUtils(  269):         at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:320)
E/DatabaseUtils(  269):         at dalvik.system.NativeStart.run(Native Method)
W/dalvikvm( 1912): threadid=21: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40015560)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1912): FATAL EXCEPTION: download-manager-thread
E/AndroidRuntime( 1912): java.lang.SecurityException: Invalid value for is_public_api: null
E/AndroidRuntime( 1912):        at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1322)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1912):        at android.database.DatabaseUtils.readExceptionFromParcel(DatabaseUtils.java:160)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1912):        at android.database.DatabaseUtils.readExceptionFromParcel(DatabaseUtils.java:114)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1912):        at android.content.ContentProviderProxy.insert(ContentProviderNative.java:408)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1912):        at android.content.ContentResolver.insert(ContentResolver.java:606)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1912):        at com.google.android.finsky.download.DownloadManagerImpl$1.run(DownloadManagerImpl.java:44)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1912):        at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:587)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1912):        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1912):        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1912):        at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:60)
D/dalvikvm( 1912): GC_CONCURRENT freed 408K, 51% free 3000K/6023K, external 793K/1051K, paused 4ms+3ms
D/dalvikvm(   79): GC_CONCURRENT freed 1041K, 49% free 5163K/10055K, external 1908K/1998K, paused 3ms+12ms
D/dalvikvm( 1912): GC_CONCURRENT freed 540K, 52% free 2994K/6151K, external 793K/1051K, paused 3ms+9ms
D/Finsky  ( 1912): [1] Installer.downloadAndInstallAsset: Downloading and installing StumbleUpon.
D/Finsky  ( 1912): [1] DownloadImpl.setState: com.stumbleupon.android.app from null to UNQUEUED.
D/Finsky  ( 1912): [1] DownloadQueueImpl.add: Download com.stumbleupon.android.app added to DownloadQueue
D/Finsky  ( 1912): [1] DownloadImpl.setState: com.stumbleupon.android.app from UNQUEUED to QUEUED.
D/dalvikvm(  269): GC_EXPLICIT freed 58K, 53% free 2654K/5575K, external 793K/1051K, paused 93ms
I/Process ( 1912): Sending signal. PID: 1912 SIG: 9
W/InputManagerService(   79): Window already focused, ignoring focus gain of: com.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy@407a9570
I/ActivityManager(   79): Process com.android.vending (pid 1912) has died.

Can somebody advice me in which direction should I look to fix these errors?

Or another thing, /system is not RW on this device, so every change I do I have to flash whole ROM again :/
I tried these command in Terminal Emulator but without luck:
Code:
su
mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system

Thanks anyone for kick :)

Regards
Adam

Reactions: srmd

jsm1970

Jul 23, 2008
Essex
Hi There

I had faced a similar issue this morning. My advise is to install this custom rom and utility 'arctools' to install the google app pack. I did this morning and it worked like a dream.

The link is here

Good luck

Reactions: srmd

p1ceus

Mar 26, 2010
Brno
Thank for the advice but unfortunatelly I tried put this custom rom to my device for the few times and it just didn't boot (maybe I have some new HW revision?).
But anyway, some guy in the original spanish forum posted updated ROM on page 7 and its working well on my device, only thing missing in RW access on /system :(

Jakeup96

Oct 28, 2010
I tried to put a custom rom (here) to my device but unfortunatelly I'm not a lucky guy and device didn't boot at all. So I ask uncle Google for help and found this great tool that allowed me to root the tablet easily and put some extra apps into /system/app. I then encounter endless problems with Maket to even get it to work and found a way here (download the attached .zip, copy it to the device and install .apk's in order posted, reboot the device and you have Market and Google apps up and running ;)). And this is where my problems started to appear...

Could you explain what you did with that tool to gain root? Im the thread for the tool it says for step to that I need to "copy the image file into this folder,and rename to wendal.img" What image file do I copy?

I'm not overly concerned about the Market, and I do not want the custom rom that is at arctablet.com because it screws up your storage space among other issues and my tablet work really well right now I just want root. If anyone knows any other ways just to gain root and nothing else it would be greatly appreciated.

p1ceus

Mar 26, 2010
Brno
Hi,
just DL the official ROM from Arnova, rename update.img to wendal.img and thats it. Then run the Runme.bat with option 1 first and then with option 2. When done, copy wendal_new.img to the root of Arnova internal SD and rename it to update.img before disconnection the USB. After the flash, you should have root (but its just a partial since you cannot write to system parititon :/)

sdunne

Jul 13, 2011
London
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Hi,
just DL the official ROM from Arnova, rename update.img to wendal.img and thats it. Then run the Runme.bat with option 1 first and then with option 2. When done, copy wendal_new.img to the root of Arnova internal SD and rename it to update.img before disconnection the USB. After the flash, you should have root (but its just a partial since you cannot write to system parititon :/)
Any idea if this procedure leaves one able to
1) Use marketenabler to access amazon usa &
2) get a root prompt via terminal ??

Jakeup96

Oct 28, 2010
Any idea if this procedure leaves one able to
1) Use marketenabler to access amazon usa &
2) get a root prompt via terminal ??

I was able to use the Amazon Appstore if that's what you're talking about. I also have Root Explorer, Titanium Backup, and Rom Toolbox running and get the SU prompt but haven't tried from a Terminal.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

sdunne

Jul 13, 2011
London
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Well I have the R29xxImageTools v2.1, the Rockchip_Batch tools v1.4 and the Setup_google_app.rar file.

I've exploded the original update.img, overlaid system with the 4 subdirs from within the google rar and repacked the image, renamed the wendal_new.img to update.img and reflashed it.

Tablet just sits at arnova splash screen after a yellow recovery message. (this is the same message whether the flash ultimately works or not)

If I don't hack around with the exploded system image, other than what the lua script does itself then the tablet reflashes successfully and comes up, albeit with a non functioning marketplace.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong ??

Last edited:

p1ceus

Mar 26, 2010
Brno
Hi, try different gapps. It happend to me also, then I DL different zip with google apps and it was working.

I wonder how we can get finless to come over to xda?

Finless wants to stick to his site, since he supports several different machines, but is okay with us redirecting those looking for his ROMs there.

His current ROM is 1.4, includes the tools for flashing it and the marketplace and all gapps, and is located here. It is currently my daily on the tablet.

Last edited:

anoniemouse

Jul 2, 2010
nice to see you on here finlessbob, nice rom you have made i am using it myself.
I also have to add it actually makes a base tablet run really great, plus the arnova hase some good connection capabilities that more expensive tablets lack.
Just need an arnova 10g2 section in development now to make things perfect

Last edited:

H88RRY

Nov 25, 2009
Essex U.K
I am actually a good member here on XDA. So I am here.

Feel free to ask quetions :)

Bob

Hello bob. I've just bought a arnova preloaded with your rom however I'm unsure of the version of atm I'm without a computer.

Basically I've installed magic locker on the device but now everytime I boot I get FC on magic locker and cannot get past the screen.

I've tried to factory reset but it sends me into recovery and I cannot select any options.

I just wanted to know if I could fix this without a computer?

Join me on dropbox http://db.tt/aijaD3Wr

Follow me on Twitter _H88RRY_

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all :)

I just bought Archos Arnova 10 G2 few days ago and till now I would say I kinda satisfied with the device. But since we are here on XDA, enjoyment from this device could be even better ;)

Market in that .zip is veeery old (v1.82) so I put there new version (3.3.11) and it seems to work well too but just until I try to install some app from Market => FC.
    I read something about permisions set wrong or some another component/app is not installed or incompatible with Market 3+ (btw, only version working is 1.82 and 3.3.11 -with problems. Another version give my FC during loading).

So, now to the point :) I managed to get some feedback from LogCat when Market FC:
    Code:
    D/Finsky  ( 1912): [1] DownloadRestarterRule.run: Recovering from Market exit when restoring / downloading assets.
    D/Finsky  ( 1912): [1] SanityChecker.run: # LocalAssets corrected : 1
    D/Finsky  ( 1912): Sanity check took : 24 ms
    D/Finsky  ( 1912): [1] DownloadTickleReceiver.onReceive: Received tickle.
    W/Finsky  ( 1912): [1] DownloadTickleReceiver.generatePackageProperties: Received refund period time end string : null
    D/Finsky  ( 1912): [1] DownloadTickleReceiver.parseObb: Not generating OBB (patch false)
    D/Finsky  ( 1912): [1] DownloadTickleReceiver.parseObb: Not generating OBB (patch true)
    D/Finsky  ( 1912): [1] Installer.downloadAndInstallAsset: Downloading and installing Google Docs.
    D/Finsky  ( 1912): [1] DownloadImpl.setState: com.google.android.apps.docs from null to UNQUEUED.
    D/dalvikvm( 1912): GC_CONCURRENT freed 404K, 52% free 2884K/5895K, external 793K/1051K, paused 4ms+3ms
    D/Finsky  ( 1912): [1] DownloadQueueImpl.add: Download com.google.android.apps.docs added to DownloadQueue
    D/Finsky  ( 1912): [1] DownloadImpl.setState: com.google.android.apps.docs from UNQUEUED to QUEUED.
    I/installd(   60): free_cache(2618907) avail 195815424
    D/Finsky  ( 1912): [23] DownloadRecords.initializeAndPrune: Pruned 0 old downloads from the cursor.
    D/Finsky  ( 1912): [1] DownloadQueueImpl.startDownload: Download com.google.android.apps.docs starting
    D/Finsky  ( 1912): [1] DownloadRestarter.onPostExecute: Recovering restore of com.stumbleupon.android.app
    D/Finsky  ( 1912): [1] DownloadRestarter.handleObbResumingOrRestart: No OBB's associated to this asset.
    D/Finsky  ( 1912): [1] DownloadRestarter.restartAssetDownload: Restarting asset download : com.stumbleupon.android.app
    E/DatabaseUtils(  269): Writing exception to parcel
    E/DatabaseUtils(  269): java.lang.SecurityException: Invalid value for is_public_api: null
    E/DatabaseUtils(  269):         at com.android.providers.downloads.DownloadProvider.enforceAllowedValues(DownloadProvider.java:686)
    E/DatabaseUtils(  269):         at com.android.providers.downloads.DownloadProvider.checkInsertPermissions(DownloadProvider.java:624)
    E/DatabaseUtils(  269):         at com.android.providers.downloads.DownloadProvider.insert(DownloadProvider.java:442)
    E/DatabaseUtils(  269):         at android.content.ContentProvider$Transport.insert(ContentProvider.java:198)
    E/DatabaseUtils(  269):         at android.content.ContentProviderNative.onTransact(ContentProviderNative.java:146)
    E/DatabaseUtils(  269):         at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:320)
    E/DatabaseUtils(  269):         at dalvik.system.NativeStart.run(Native Method)
    W/dalvikvm( 1912): threadid=21: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40015560)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 1912): FATAL EXCEPTION: download-manager-thread
    E/AndroidRuntime( 1912): java.lang.SecurityException: Invalid value for is_public_api: null
    E/AndroidRuntime( 1912):        at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1322)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 1912):        at android.database.DatabaseUtils.readExceptionFromParcel(DatabaseUtils.java:160)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 1912):        at android.database.DatabaseUtils.readExceptionFromParcel(DatabaseUtils.java:114)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 1912):        at android.content.ContentProviderProxy.insert(ContentProviderNative.java:408)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 1912):        at android.content.ContentResolver.insert(ContentResolver.java:606)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 1912):        at com.google.android.finsky.download.DownloadManagerImpl$1.run(DownloadManagerImpl.java:44)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 1912):        at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:587)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 1912):        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 1912):        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 1912):        at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:60)
    D/dalvikvm( 1912): GC_CONCURRENT freed 408K, 51% free 3000K/6023K, external 793K/1051K, paused 4ms+3ms
    D/dalvikvm(   79): GC_CONCURRENT freed 1041K, 49% free 5163K/10055K, external 1908K/1998K, paused 3ms+12ms
    D/dalvikvm( 1912): GC_CONCURRENT freed 540K, 52% free 2994K/6151K, external 793K/1051K, paused 3ms+9ms
    D/Finsky  ( 1912): [1] Installer.downloadAndInstallAsset: Downloading and installing StumbleUpon.
    D/Finsky  ( 1912): [1] DownloadImpl.setState: com.stumbleupon.android.app from null to UNQUEUED.
    D/Finsky  ( 1912): [1] DownloadQueueImpl.add: Download com.stumbleupon.android.app added to DownloadQueue
    D/Finsky  ( 1912): [1] DownloadImpl.setState: com.stumbleupon.android.app from UNQUEUED to QUEUED.
    D/dalvikvm(  269): GC_EXPLICIT freed 58K, 53% free 2654K/5575K, external 793K/1051K, paused 93ms
    I/Process ( 1912): Sending signal. PID: 1912 SIG: 9
    W/InputManagerService(   79): Window already focused, ignoring focus gain of: com.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy@407a9570
    I/ActivityManager(   79): Process com.android.vending (pid 1912) has died.

Can somebody advice me in which direction should I look to fix these errors?

Or another thing, /system is not RW on this device, so every change I do I have to flash whole ROM again :/
    I tried these command in Terminal Emulator but without luck:
    Code:
    su
    mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system

Thanks anyone for kick :)

Regards
    Adam
    Hi There

I had faced a similar issue this morning. My advise is to install this custom rom and utility 'arctools' to install the google app pack. I did this morning and it worked like a dream.

The link is here

Good luck