[APP][2.3+] Barbell Loader

Search This thread

somecanuck

Jun 4, 2010
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.scurvypig.barbellLoader

Tired of adding up weights in the gym? Barbell Loader Pro does it for you!
Features:
  • Add and remove discs with a single tap.
  • Filter your disc units from mixed, kilograms, or pounds.
  • Calculate the discs required for a fixed weight.
  • Optionally include/exclude the weight of the barbell or collars.
  • Calculate your one repetition max (1RM) using eight formulas, or the average of each formula.
  • Customize the weight of the barbell and collars.
  • Customize the list of available discs to select from.

Additional features in Barbell Loader Pro:
  • An ad-free, permission-free experience!
  • Save your selected discs and preferences as a Favorite for quick and easy access.
  • Lock individual discs to prevent changing their values during calculations or when changing units.
  • Customize the default display units.
  • Select a disc display mode, discs total or discs per side.
  • Save your exercises to a journal.

Last edited:

somecanuck

Jun 4, 2010
v1.1
  • Added a 15 lbs disc.
  • By request, added the one repetition max (1RM) calculator.
  • Moved the "Settings" button to the action bar.
  • Minor bug fixes.

somecanuck

Jun 4, 2010
v1.2
  • Complete redesign and rewrite for improved performance and features.
  • Optional paid version with additional features and no ads.

somecanuck

Jun 4, 2010
v1.4
Added a Journal (Barbell Loader Pro).
--------
v1.3
Updated to ActionBarSherlock 4.0.1
Corrected an error when changing screen orientation.

thelowend

Jan 31, 2012
The cold part of Ohio
Anyone who leg presses on a regular basis (like me) will love this app! I'm regularly guessing what weight in using. Being able to calculate my 1rm on the fly helps a ton if I decide I want to max out that day.

Not sure if it was in the OP, but can I convert kg to lbs?

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

somecanuck

Jun 4, 2010
Yes you can. You can enter a weight to be calculated in kg or lbs, and it'll return the result in whatever mode (kg, lbs, or mixed) you happen to be in.

Changing the mode means restricting the available discs that will be used for calculations. Additionally, you can set whether discs are ever available under preferences. For example, my gym lacks 55 lbs and 15 lbs plates, so I turn those off. The same goes for some of the change kg plates.

thelowend

Jan 31, 2012
The cold part of Ohio
Yes you can. You can enter a weight to be calculated in kg or lbs, and it'll return the result in whatever mode (kg, lbs, or mixed) you happen to be in.

Changing the mode means restricting the available discs that will be used for calculations. Additionally, you can set whether discs are ever available under preferences. For example, my gym lacks 55 lbs and 15 lbs plates, so I turn those off. The same goes for some of the change kg plates.

That toggle with certainly help when inputting the plates I used that workout.

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

Jester23

Love the idea, but I bought the pro version, locked the plates I don't have access to , then entered 135lbs which including the 45lbs bar should be 2 45lbs plates, it will not give me this no matter what I do.. It keeps changing my weight to 131.5 lbs and gives me for plates, no 45lbs, 2x25lbs, 2x10lbs and 2x5lbs... I tried changing the barbell weight to 45lbs as well and it wouldn't stick. I'll wait until this gets sorted out before buying and before recommending it.

EDIT ****Never mind, Sorted it out after seeing the preferences, turns out I was not in the right section when changing the barbell weight****** :)

Last edited:

somecanuck

Jun 4, 2010
Really? I just did what you suggested in "Mixed" mode. I disabled the collars and locked the "25 kg" and "55 lbs" discs, calculated for 135 lbs, and received the exact value ("61.29 kg / 135 lbs").

Did you change the default bar weight (in Preferences, wrench from the dashboard) to 45 lbs? Most people assume that the standard bar is 45 lbs, but it is really 20 kg / 44.09 lbs. If you use spring collars, I'd suggest changing the default bar weight to 45 lbs and just leaving collars turned off.

If you'd like, I can make a video demonstrating what I did. Let me know.

Jester23

Really? I just did what you suggested in "Mixed" mode. I disabled the collars and locked the "25 kg" and "55 lbs" discs, calculated for 135 lbs, and received the exact value ("61.29 kg / 135 lbs").

Did you change the default bar weight (in Preferences, wrench from the dashboard) to 45 lbs? Most people assume that the standard bar is 45 lbs, but it is really 20 kg / 44.09 lbs. If you use spring collars, I'd suggest changing the default bar weight to 45 lbs and just leaving collars turned off.

If you'd like, I can make a video demonstrating what I did. Let me know.

Thanks but as my edit states on my post now it's all sorted. I didn't see the preferences. I have recommended the app on my gym website :)

somecanuck

Jun 4, 2010
Great! I expect to see a number of 15 minute cancellations (developer's joke). :) Let me know if you'd like to see any changes or additional features.

EDIT: Wow, it looks like it isn't a joke. Three 15-minute cancellations, that's 50% of the users haha

Last edited:

kimboinatl

Dec 25, 2010
Atlanta
Love the app so far. I lift using kilo bumper plates at home, but sometimes I end up at the gym which has lb plates. Makes converting a cinch.

My only suggestion would be to allow the user to select a stand Olympic bar (45lb/20kg) as the bar. I guess you can just add on another 20kg plate if you want to act as the "bar", but it would still be nice.

somecanuck

Jun 4, 2010
You can! From the main dashboard screen, select the wrench at the top right (Holo's icon for preferences). From within there you can disable discs, change the barbell and collar weights, and more. :)

shoobiedoobiiwhompwop

Feb 5, 2012
realy good idea actually . gettin gain of 5 lbs+ every month , realizing plateaus have been reached and switching up your routine to overcome are a must .

where is the 1.5 and 2.5 plates though :)

Last edited:

somecanuck

Jun 4, 2010
They exist! Click the wrench from the main screen (that's the preference icon for ICS), scroll to the bottom. There's 1.25 lbs, 2.5 lbs, 5 lbs, 0.25 kg, 0.5 kg, 1 kg, 1.25 kg, 1.5 kg, and 2 kg change discs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Tired of adding up weights in the gym? Barbell Loader Pro does it for you!
    Features:
    • Add and remove discs with a single tap.
    • Filter your disc units from mixed, kilograms, or pounds.
    • Calculate the discs required for a fixed weight.
    • Optionally include/exclude the weight of the barbell or collars.
    • Calculate your one repetition max (1RM) using eight formulas, or the average of each formula.
    • Customize the weight of the barbell and collars.
    • Customize the list of available discs to select from.

Additional features in Barbell Loader Pro:
    • An ad-free, permission-free experience!
    • Save your selected discs and preferences as a Favorite for quick and easy access.
    • Lock individual discs to prevent changing their values during calculations or when changing units.
    • Customize the default display units.
    • Select a disc display mode, discs total or discs per side.
    • Save your exercises to a journal.

They exist! Click the wrench from the main screen (that's the preference icon for ICS), scroll to the bottom. There's 1.25 lbs, 2.5 lbs, 5 lbs, 0.25 kg, 0.5 kg, 1 kg, 1.25 kg, 1.5 kg, and 2 kg change discs.