luvpad AD100

Search This thread

aabbondanza

Jun 20, 2011
Goldsboro
another search :
i find this link sumapho.wordpress.com/2010/12/18/luvpadnvflash%E3%81%A7rom%E7%84%BC%E3%81%8D/
and translated .this is luvpad and end of page i see similar above text .compare two together and found different in part 6 and 7 .
pls see this different :
mine
PartitionId=6
Name=MSC
DeviceId=19
StartSector=2688
NumSectors=8192
BytesPerSector=2048

PartitionId=7
Name=BLO
DeviceId=19
StartSector=10880
NumSectors=2048
BytesPerSector=2048

link
PartitionId = 6
Name = BLO
DeviceId = 19
StartSector = 2688
NumSectors = 2048
BytesPerSector = 2048

PartitionId = 7
Name = MSC
DeviceId = 19
StartSector = 4736
NumSectors = 8192
BytesPerSector = 2048

is it possible We conclude?

Not significant. There are also mutliple versions of the gTablet that have different partition structures/orders. When full nvflash is done, the the partition partition table is created on the fly & written to partition 3 so that the tablet know where each partition is, what type it is and it's size.

Are you getting any video output on the tablet when nvflash runs?

Al

aabbondanza

Jun 20, 2011
Goldsboro
DO NOT

a new test :
in your link i found page .slatedroid.com/topic/25805-hannspad-backup-brick-recovery-ics-installation-destruction-guide/#entry276544
and DL a nvflash file .there is a file with name "RunME.bat" ,i run and choose the backup menu item .i see nvflash download partition 2 - 14 and atlast a error in Part 11 .
i think this process can help

Do not try to run the restore from this...looking at it, it uses a nonstandard partition structure (2-14) but DOES NOT include partitions 12-14 that are called for in the .cfg file.

Can I get you to zip up all the files that the backup created & upload them somewhere for me to download (Dropbox, MediaFire, etc). If so, PM me the link to where you put it. Do you know of anyplace to get the original rom from?

@ this point we know the tablet itself is not dead although it does probably have some bad cells where partition 11 is located. And you still have the video problem. You still haven't answered the questions about reseating the cable & if you tested with continuity checked or if you are able to access the tablet via adb (Android Debug Bridge).

Al

sirone

Apr 4, 2012
Do not try to run the restore from this...looking at it, it uses a nonstandard partition structure (2-14) but DOES NOT include partitions 12-14 that are called for in the .cfg file.
i read this thread and tell about partition 12-14 :
6. Then if you are restoring to stock, rename system.img to part-13.img and rename boot.img to part-12.img

7. Once this is done, with the tablet powered off, plug in its usb cable, and connect it to the computer and enter APX mode.

8. IF you do not have a part-14.img file to restore (which if returning to stock you will not have) go into the NVFlash folder, and open the 'hannsconf.cfg' file. Navigate to the last [partition] entry named 'CAC' and delete 'filename=part14.img' and set the 'size=254017536' to 'size=0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF'.

And you still have the video problem
have should video in nvflash ?

about reseating the cable & if you tested with continuity checked or if you are able to access the tablet via adb
i checked and i dont found any issue.
i think adb is for linux and i dont work this operation system

aabbondanza

Jun 20, 2011
Goldsboro
Need Video

i read this thread and tell about partition 12-14 :

have should video in nvflash ?

i checked and i dont found any issue.
i think adb is for linux and i dont work this operation system
Sorry, didn't read the post, just looked @ the package contents.

Yes you will get video in APX when nvflash starts sending to the tablet. The way APX mode works (on the gTablet) is the tablet will initially bring up the VS Bird logo and then after a couple seconds the screen goes black with no backlight. When nvflash starts downloading to the tablet the backlight will come on, the screen will be black & a white text message in the upper left corner will say " Entering NVFlash recovery mode / NV3p Server".

If you've check the cable then the only other possibility is lcd panel. It's highly unlikely that a software issue would cause this. Look under your battery & see if you can see the model label for the lcd through the holes in the metal frame. You should be able to look up the model of the lcd & see if it would be worth replacing..I think the gTablets one runs between $50-$75 but it's a crappy screen. Then you also have the issue of the bad blocks on the nand. There are also possibilites with working around that as well. As I said eariler, the partition table is built on the fly from the data in the .cfg file. We could create a custom partition structure to get around the bad block (as long as the area that is bad isn't too big). BUT, we really need the video working so we can see what is going .

ADB can be used on Windows or Linux. It is easier to use with linux becasue you don't have to install drivers.

Al

sirone

Apr 4, 2012
When nvflash starts downloading to the tablet the backlight will come on, the screen will be black & a white text message in the upper left corner will say " Entering NVFlash recovery mode / NV3p Server".
i never use download to tab , Up to this moment just receive data of tablet.
whats your opinion about i download file in post No.5 this thread and download to tablet ? slatedroid.com/topic/29666-stuck-in-apx-mode-blank-screen/
do you sure that Necessarily see " Entering NVFlash recovery mode / NV3p Server" message . maybe my partition is bad and i dont can show this message.

in addition ,yet i dont use vol+ & power button for recovery mode.

Last edited:

rasoooli

Jul 22, 2010
Hi sirone .

I use Luvpad Ad100 Too

First Get Full Backup Of your Partitions By "Get_Luvpad_BackUp.bat" (this File matched by your PartitionTable ( page 2 )
(Insert attached File To NvFlash Directory + bootloader.bin )

Then Zip & Send Me (upload it somewhere) "Luvpad_BACKUP" folder To Check By My Luvpad Tab
( In This Way we can find were is Problem , Hardware Or Software )

Ps : Keep That Folder For Future use ( this is your Original Rom )

Attachments

• Get_Luvpad_BackUp.rar
    447.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

sirone

Apr 4, 2012

Attachments

• nn.jpg
    nn.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 59

aabbondanza

Jun 20, 2011
Goldsboro
NVflash downloads (or tries to)

i never use download to tab , Up to this moment just receive data of tablet.
whats your opinion about i download file in post No.5 this thread and download to tablet ? slatedroid.com/topic/29666-stuck-in-apx-mode-blank-screen/
do you sure that Necessarily see " Entering NVFlash recovery mode / NV3p Server" message . maybe my partition is bad and i dont can show this message.

in addition ,yet i dont use vol+ & power button for recovery mode.

Actually you do download. If you watch the nvflash output you will see that nvflash downloads bootloader.bin to the tablet. It isn't written to the nand, it just sends it to the tablet & executes it in tablet memory...the "Entering NVFlash recovery mode / NV3p Server" message the tablet telling you it is has activated it's server to comunicate with nvflash.

Bad cells WOULD NOT cause it to not display, especially seeing that they are near the end of partitiion 11 which contains the rom which isn't being executed.

APX mode (Vol -) IS a recovery mode as well, hence the message!!!

Al

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 AM ----------

this is link for my tab parttition :
http://www.2shared.com/file/OQNJud90/Luvpad_BACKUP.html
but there is a fault about part12 and i dont can receive this part of tablet.

Parition 11 (your android rom image) failed near the end of it as well @ the same point as the first backup you did. So, as noted before you probably have a bad area on the nand that trashed the end of the rom parititon (partition 11) and atleast the beginining of the the cache partition (partition 12).

Al

aabbondanza

Jun 20, 2011
Goldsboro
yes ,both in 209715200

The issue with no video is hardware. You have 3 possibilites. Problem on the system board (chip/board/connector), lcd panel or the cable between the motherboard & the lcd panel. This is why both rajeevvp & I have been stressing the cable as it is the most likely culprit and has been on issue on the gTab. I have not heard of a single users lcd panel being bad.

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

this is link for my tab parttition :
http://www.2shared.com/file/OQNJud90/Luvpad_BACKUP.html
but there is a fault about part12 and i dont can receive this part of tablet.

You could see if rasoooli would post his original partition 11...that would give you a full rom that you could nvflash....cache partition is irrelevant since it starts blank anyway. You could then try to nvflash your partitions back to the tablet to if it accepts them. When you do a full nvflash the first thing it does is delete the existing partitions & then it recreates them based on the settings in the .cfg file and formats them. After creating/formatting the paritions it then sends any related .img files to populate the partitions. Any partition that does not have a .img file identified in the .cfg is left empty. If this is successful then it may help you decide if it is worth it to you to find a replacement lcd or cable.

Al

sirone

Apr 4, 2012
with oscilloscope tested output board to cable . i have signal
For third-order checked cable . is ok
so i think Lcd is defected

aabbondanza

Jun 20, 2011
Goldsboro
with oscilloscope tested output board to cable . i have signal
For third-order checked cable . is ok
so i think Lcd is defected

LCD it is then.

You still may want to continue to work on the issue with the nand corruption before getting an LCD just in case the nand it too far gone. If rassoooli can chime in @ say what he has been using on his LuvpaD and of any of the gTab stuff is compatible with the it MIGHT make things easier.

You also may able to access the tablet VIA adb to format the bad partitions. That may give us an idea about how large an area is bad on the nand so we can come up with a workable partition structure.

AL

sirone

Apr 4, 2012
i get partitions of rassooli and only download part11 to tablet, i receive success message. then again i read all partitions , result not change .i have a fault in end of part11.
You also may able to access the tablet VIA adb to format the bad partitions. That may give us an idea about how large an area is bad on the nand so we can come up with a workable partition structure.
pls guide me about adb with link

aabbondanza

Jun 20, 2011
Goldsboro
ADB

i get partitions of rassooli and only download part11 to tablet, i receive success message. then again i read all partitions , result not change .i have a fault in end of part11.

Download & install the Android SDK http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html then follow this post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=902860

After you get the drivers installed & adb recognizes the tablet correctly you may want to try this...it's a graphical front end for ADB called QtADB http://qtadb.wordpress.com/download/

Al

aabbondanza

Jun 20, 2011
Goldsboro
Format 11 & 12 with nvflash

You also may want to try formatting partitions 11 & 12 with nvflash & then nvflash partition 11 again.

Rename the attachment as a .bat

Attachments

• format_partition11-12.txt
    159 bytes · Views: 20

sirone

Apr 4, 2012
i do and again download par11 to tablet but no change
yet i have fault when i read part11

Last edited:

aabbondanza

Jun 20, 2011
Goldsboro
12 doesn't exist anymore

i do and again download par11 to tablet but no change
yet i have fault when i read of tablet in part11

Looks like partition 12 is totally hosed. It would take a full nvflash to recreate it (as far as I know). Did rasooli just send partition 11 or his whole nvflash package for the Luvpad?

Any luck with installing/configuring ADB?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i press and hold vol- and power button but i dont can see any bird .
    The birds are a ViewSonic-specific splash screen. It might be something else entirely on your LuvPad. Anyway, since your screen isn't displaying anything except white, looking for the boot splash screen is not useful.

in addition when i connect tablet to pc , i can see Tegra label in Device manager
    even i test backlight sensor ,it work perfect then i think my issue is software.
    Also led wifi is on
    All of those point to a HW problem (cables, connector, LCD panel) rather than a SW one. The screen will go white when there is no video signal coming into the LCD panel. Then, only the backlight (white) will be displayed. (This is the reverse of what happens on a CRT monitor which displays black when it isn't receiving any signals.)

I would check those cable(s) and connectors again. Pull out all the cables going into the LCD panel at both ends, and inspect them carefully for breaks as this thread recommends, then plug the cable(s) back in firmly.

Software checks are these.

1. Check bootloader.

Get the nvflash program (the ones used on this board might work too) and the bootloader.bin for the LuvPad AD100 from one of the official firmware update files. Install the nvflash program (and, on Windows, its USB drivers) and then run this command (both the nvflash executable and bootloader.bin should be sitting in the same directory) in a CMD.exe window after you've put the LuvPad into APX mode (on the gTablet, you have to power off, then press both the Vol [-] and the Power buttons--it might be some other button combination on the LuvPad):
    Code:
    C:\SOME\PATH> [B].\nvflash --bl bootloader.bin --getpartitiontable part.txt[/B]
    If the command completes and the part.txt file looks OK, then your LuvPad is running the bootloader just fine.

2. Check Recovery.

Power off the LuvPad, then try putting it into Recovery mode by pressing the Vol [+] and Power buttons at the same time. (Again, those keys work on the gTablet; it might be something else on the LuvPad). After a few seconds, see if you can get into an ADB shell (install ADB first if you need to, or just use Linux). If you have CWM, or some other kind of custom recovery installed, then you will get a shell. The stock recovery may or may not give you a shell.
    Code:
    C:\SOME\PATH> [B]adb shell[/B]
    3. Check ROM.

Power off the LuvPad, then run this adb command and power on the LuvPad. If you've enabled ADB debugging in the ROM (or, it comes enabled by default) and the ROM doesn't have problems booting, then you should see the system logs scrolling by.
    Code:
    C:\SOME\PATH> [B]adb logcat -v time[/B]
    Also, in both the ROM and in recovery mode, if when you connect and disconnect the USB cable, Windows detects the device connection/disconnection, then the HW and ROM/recover are most probably OK, and you may be able to look at the logs to troubleshoot this further. (When you connect the cable in the ROM, a new removable drive may even appear, even though it may show no data in it--I don't use Windows, so I don't know precisely what should happen there.)