[ROM] MIUI.US weekly roms for maguro by magiman7 and leeech

Search This thread

untruestory

Nov 7, 2010
I just came from the Evo4g where MIUI support was starting to wither. I'm anxious for there to be a reliable MIUI port for the GN. Gonna try this out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

D

Deleted member 3693611

Hey guys I once had a mini port on my x10mini. Well it was okay. But this is absolutely amazing and I really like it. A few bugs but this a decent daily driver. Oh and did I mention how beautiful it is? I love aokp but I think I am gonna stick with this for a while.

How often is it updated?

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus mit Tapatalk 2

jdiddy_ub

Sep 20, 2010
Queens Village, NY
Hey guys I once had a mini port on my x10mini. Well it was okay. But this is absolutely amazing and I really like it. A few bugs but this a decent daily driver. Oh and did I mention how beautiful it is? I love aokp but I think I am gonna stick with this for a while.

How often is it updated?

miui is updated weekly (generally on fridays)

im waiting for the update tomorrow before i flash since its already thursday night

what bugs are there? anything i need to know?

TheSobadef

Oct 20, 2010
Is there anyway to darken the phone's theme, so as to extend battery life? That said, is the battery life on par with the likes of AOKP?

HumanXv2

Nov 23, 2011
Longview,TX
Having problems downloading anything at all from market, it just says error downloading. I cleared cache and all that and nothing seems to work

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

D

Deleted member 3693611

miui is updated weekly (generally on fridays)

im waiting for the update tomorrow before i flash since its already thursday night

what bugs are there? anything i need to know?

Yeah when you. Are in the search panel from play store and you type something its a very very light Grey on a white background. Very hard to read.

And is it anyway possible to change the order of the software keys? It's driving me crazy that menu and back on in the wrong places

Monk4Life

Aug 24, 2007
In the Matrix

zerozoneice

Dec 18, 2010
been a while since i tried MIUI on the Nexus, is the launcher / widget picker lag solved yet?

Monk4Life

Aug 24, 2007
In the Matrix
been a while since i tried MIUI on the Nexus, is the launcher / widget picker lag solved yet?

I am on 2.5.4 and don't have any lag. You have disable icon shadows and make sure classic is used for transitions. Once you do that and let your rom settle for about 10-15 minutes it flies. I have been steering clear of MIUI v4 but this version is working great.

Last edited:

Monk4Life

Aug 24, 2007
In the Matrix
Yeah when you. Are in the search panel from play store and you type something its a very very light Grey on a white background. Very hard to read.

And is it anyway possible to change the order of the software keys? It's driving me crazy that menu and back on in the wrong places

This is the only annoying issue I have found.

mert2go

Aug 11, 2011
Just tried miui 2.5.11 for a few minutes. The launcher is with disabled iconshodows still lagish. I was running Franco kernel. Everything else is very smooth but the main problem us that the grafics are not fully optimized for our resolution.

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus

Monk4Life

Aug 24, 2007
In the Matrix
Just tried miui 2.5.11 for a few minutes. The launcher is with disabled iconshodows still lagish. I was running Franco kernel. Everything else is very smooth but the main problem us that the grafics are not fully optimized for our resolution.

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus

That's weird I don't have that issue and everything is optimized for the Galaxy Nexus. Did you give MIUI time to settle because a few minutes isn't enough. I am using the stock kernel provided in the rom also and I do not see any lag and came from AOKP M5.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    htc_evo_MIUI.gif

miuiuslogo.png

Presents the Official

MIUI 2.2.24

This is a community support ROM only!

Post under construction but link is below.

Make sure you back up , Full wipe if coming from another rom, wipe cache and davlik then flash.

Themes are still a little messed up. They apply for the most part but you have to pull battery after.

Still some english in rom but very use able. When I get translations I will update with a fix pack.

Expect a fix pack tonight or tomorrow it will include : 4way boot, translations etc

DOWNLOAD HERE:
    hhtp://roms.miui.us
    http://roms.miui.us
    Here's a few more screen shots for you all!
    ib0AuLBxIPRz7p.png
    ibxw9V8FSUaDJ3.png
    ibj1buD0VweG2C.png
    i9yn3S4ySOFQ6.png
    +1 that would be great! It doesn't seem right to not have a proper, updated miui thread. :D:D:D

OK. I'm out of town until Sunday, I will start a new thread then. Btw magiman7 is working hard to get linaro implemented for us. He has everything working but camera, so there may be another update this week. I'll keep you posted.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I'll post in here my impressions as I'm running the last build as my daily driver for a few days.

Now I jumped on and off various aokp/cm9/aosp roms (just yesterday I tried a few new releases again) just so you know I experienced almost all the speed/customization 'flavors' available :p
    Basically I consider MIUI to be a very nice and stable ROM even in it's current state, though that statement can be a bit misleading as I don't use most of the stock apps.

For example people complaining about the lag, I guess you mean the launcher? Yeah it sucks in it's current state. Pop in Nova Launcher and the thing is as smooth as any other rom I've tried.
    So if you got tired of the stock ICS graphical design (I don't mean just the colors but the buttons and similar) then I suggest you give MIUI a shot.

Running it with last Trinity kernel beta65 1536-307 with default settings, battery life is amazing, no lockscreen hiccups at all, no call bugs, great stuff.

Once it's theme engine sets off properly this is gonna be truly fantastic.

EDIT: btw the recent apps in Miui is awesome. Great, clean layout and the handy broom button to close all of them at once, very very nice.

Cheers
    what? chinese original build has no lags, but the translated US/UK ones do?!

I have tested 4 versions of MIUI 2.3.23.

MIUI Android
    MIUI US
    MIUI China
    Ultimate MIUI v2(2.3.23)

MIUI China is laggy too but as much as MIUI US and MIUI Android.
    Ultimate MIUI v2 is smoothest of all. But, still laggy.

IMO, even the stock ROM is smoother than any MIUI ROMs meanwhile.
    I would stay away from MIUI ROM until they fixed the LAG.