FLAC playback issues

Search This thread

ATRAC3

Oct 18, 2009
As the title says, i'm having strange issues playing FLAC audio files on my i9505. I've used a lot of different phones which had FLAC support out of the box and never had any problems playing them, even my old i9000 had no problems decoding FLAC using stock music app. Even my BBerry Bold 9700 has FLAC support and is working flawlessly.. My most notable issue is intermittent skips/cut offs witch are very short, like half a second, and pop noises (rarely but happens), so generally the music sounds like i'm listening a very damaged CD. It's the same whether i'm using stock music app, or any other music app from market. Also on the stock player i noticed that most of the times when i play a song (FLAC audio), lock the phone and then unlock it again, the time indicator/slider is stuck on 00:00 even though the song is playing, and if i fast forward/rewind to some time position, it starts working from the position i set it. I'm on stock 4.4.2, I tried full wipe, reinstalled stock rom via odin, even tried different custom kernels (was on stock), but it didn't help. BTW now i'm on stock 4.4.2/NG8, with everything stock, not even rooted. Can some of you which are on stock FW please try playing some FLAC files and see if the issue persists, and report here? Sorry if my English is bad..

edft56

Jul 29, 2011
Got the same problem.Flac playback was working flawlessly on 4.3 but when i upgraded to the latest official 4.4.4 build flac files started skipping.
When this happens the bar resets to 0:00 and stays there.Using default samsung music player.

Swederoid

Jan 14, 2015
Problems playing FLAC files on Samsung musicplayer

Got the same problem.Flac playback was working flawlessly on 4.3 but when i upgraded to the latest official 4.4.4 build flac files started skipping.
When this happens the bar resets to 0:00 and stays there.Using default samsung music player.

I have the exact same problem since a couple of days with my Samsung player - anyone found a solution?

I hav Android version 4.4.2. installed if thats relevant.