Eugene's Ginger Clone R2 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Poser

Mar 18, 2008
The Nether Regions of the Tropics
Quadrant scores are unreliable and deceiving. I can vouch that voodoo is a much better option compared to OCLF.

Benchmark scores aren't everything. Go with user experience.

[GC_R2 w/ JL4 Voodoo]

I have super I/O and oclf... and this thing is smooth. From your perspective and observation, how would voodoo be an improvement (I am compelled to make the kernel swap if performance is more than marginally affected.)

dropping digital doo doo from my 'oh so' vibrant

SK328CI

Aug 26, 2010
seems like i had the opposite issue with maps, onced loaded, it updated via market. used it and it worked fine, then i rebooted and maps/navigation was completely gone. resintalled it and used it again, rebooted and so far so good.

Lo N Slo

Aug 19, 2010
Chicago Chicago
Interesting. It wont allow me to uninstall maps from the market or application settings so I can't download the latest version.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

gamikzone

Jun 15, 2008
Somewhere In Ohio
i have been using this room for a day now its much better performance wise than nero :D, battery life is better on this rom for me compared to nero im using jk2, the only thing better in nero is it has swype pre-installed but i took care of that

ronnyek

Aug 12, 2010
its unfortunate that I ever tried the Froyo 2.2 AOSP rom posted here.... because ever since then I've been trying to find a rom that ran as fast and had as good battery life.

Thats my problem with this rom... battery lasts less than a day... with the aosp rom, I could easily get 2 days =) That being said, I really like the rom very mcuh, and if there was any room for improvement battery wise, man, this thing would be solid gold.

Didnt mean to sound like a total downer.

Danke

NinoAl

Aug 23, 2010
Interesting. It wont allow me to uninstall maps from the market or application settings so I can't download the latest version.

For people who's having problem updating the google maps...(download root explorer if you don't have one) Go to root explorer>system>apps and delete the maps.apk...then download google maps from the market...you shouldn't have to update again everytime you reboot your phone....hope this helps =)

iynfynity

Sep 21, 2010
For people who's having problem updating the google maps...(download root explorer if you don't have one) Go to root explorer>system>apps and delete the maps.apk...then download google maps from the market...you shouldn't have to update again everytime you reboot your phone....hope this helps =)

Ok i've tried this and it works. this won't have a negative effect right?

Lo N Slo

Aug 19, 2010
Chicago Chicago
if the phone is on and the computer cant recognize it:
try downloading the latest Samsung drivers
make sure your settings for Mass Storage is on in Settings>Applications>USB Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts