Search This thread

dotcompt

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2008
Porto
twitter.com
well, I do appreicate you're attempt to help the community, but geez, you could have included the .exe to install the rom, especially since you already have it.

surely you dont care, thanks but no thanks I wont be installing this rom.

Well, you could at least read the all post. This is not an exe file and not a single copy of the official Rom.

Its been tweaked for better battery and speed perfomance, it has a lot of "official bugs" fixed, it has a custom taskbar, an organized start menu, new icons set, and a few usufull apps and tools.

Yes there is an official exe spreading in the web, if you want it just google it, flash it and enjoy the poor battery life and notifications bugs among other things.

lestat89

Jan 12, 2008
Arras
streak.forumgratuit.fr
Thank you for your quick answer :)
I've not flashed yet the 1.0 release (probably today in waiting for the next release) but I knew your rom on the Diamond and I was never disapointed.
Thank you again for your good job !

Last edited:

lestat89

Jan 12, 2008
Arras
streak.forumgratuit.fr
So, I just flashed :)
Everything seems to be ok.
Like with the Diamond you cooked a very good rom :)
Just a question : on the screens on the first post the taskbar is customized but I have the basic taskbar. Is it normal ?
How can I have an other taskbar ?

Thank you and congratulation for the job :)

EDIT : after a softreset, the taskbar is ok ! I don't understand but it's good :)

Last edited:

dotcompt

Feb 24, 2008
Porto
twitter.com
An other question : how can I use the landscape without using the keyboard ?
I tried with changescreen and gyrator2 but it doesn't work !
Is it normal ?

Hi there,

Yes it is normal this behaviour is set by default by HTC. However if you have gyrator install the cab in attach and restart device.

I havent test it yet because I am working in a new rom, so let me know if it works.

Take care

dotcompt

Feb 24, 2008
Porto
twitter.com
Announcement

Very good news because the quality of your work is very good !
Waiting for the next release but the 1.0 is already very good !
:D

Hi there,

New Rom tomorrow with lot of improvements, less ram comsumption (now 47% used), more eye candy with a new taskbar and nice looking icons, and more:

1. A lot of updated packages from Leo.
  2. AutoRotation with no need to always slide keyboard (with the possibility to turn this option On/Off).
  3. PowerButton 12 Icons Action Screen thanks to smaberg.
  4. Enhanced D3D Driver to boost device perfomance thanks to At0mAng.
  5. Added MP3 Trimmer, a Twitter client and Advanced Configuration Tool 3.3.
  6. Battery increment by 1% and not 10%
  7. And some other registry tweaks and mods.

And during the weekend I will release a Language Pack for Manila 2.1 Sense including 26 languages, a single Cab for each of your native language and very easy to install, French included. ;)

This LangPack it is taking a lot of my spare time, hoppefully it will be worth it. Check my 2nd post in this thread to see if your native language is there.

I am sure you will enjoy this Rom because so far and during some personnal tests, it seems to be "bug" free with a great perfomance.

Take care

Last edited:

dotcompt

Feb 24, 2008
Porto
twitter.com
New DeepShining 1.5 Rom

Hi guys,

New Rom is up. Download link and Change Log at first post.

Bottom line, more eye candy, less Ram used and better perfomance with a lot of packages updated from Leo.

Dont forget to restart device after flash ends.

I am now working on the Language Pack.

Take care

loaferkan

Oct 16, 2007
New York
At the moment I am at the EnergyRoM. The reason I like EnergyRoM, first smooth, and second I like the action key being made as a soft key to the left...give me a quick access to my WIFI, Bluetooth, Contact etc...Also has lots of other programs. You seem to have a nice RoM also, haven't tried it as of yet, but the action screen do you have it as a softkey? couldn't see it in the pictures. thanks

dotcompt

Feb 24, 2008
Porto
twitter.com
At the moment I am at the EnergyRoM. The reason I like EnergyRoM, first smooth, and second I like the action key being made as a soft key to the left...give me a quick access to my WIFI, Bluetooth, Contact etc...Also has lots of other programs. You seem to have a nice RoM also, haven't tried it as of yet, but the action screen do you have it as a softkey? couldn't see it in the pictures. thanks

Here you have pic in attach.

In my Rom action key works by pressing an holding the power button a couple o seconds and you can use the lest soft key for other use.

Cheers

BohicaBobby

Aug 8, 2008
Just installed the latest rom and it's working really good. Except when I tried to send an MMS (text with pic attached) it failed and the message went to the drafts folder. I've tried several times. Is there some tweak that I need to do for T-Mobile US? I've tried another different rom in the past day and had the same issue. The NRG roms do not have this issue; so I'm not sure what to do.

Love this rom though!

Bob C.

dotcompt

Feb 24, 2008
Porto
twitter.com
Just installed the latest rom and it's working really good. Except when I tried to send an MMS (text with pic attached) it failed and the message went to the drafts folder. I've tried several times. Is there some tweak that I need to do for T-Mobile US? I've tried another different rom in the past day and had the same issue. The NRG roms do not have this issue; so I'm not sure what to do.

Love this rom though!

Bob C.

Hi, not sure what it is, I just tested on my device and MMS is working fine, so I think it is a T-mobile issue. Anyway could you install This Cab and let me know if it fixs the problem and I will post the Cab in the FAQ section for T-Mobile users info.

Take care hope it works

Last edited:

oajungen

Dec 23, 2006
Just installed your new ROM and like it very much! It's working great!
Just one remark.... meaby it is better to leave applications like Windows Live and Microsoft My Phone out of the ROM. It is very easy to install them with Marketplace and newer versions are released by Microsoft frequently.

Thank you for this great ROM.

Last edited:

BohicaBobby

Aug 8, 2008
Hi, not sure what it is, I just tested on my device and MMS is working fine, so I think it is a T-mobile issue. Anyway could you install This Cab and let me know if it fixs the problem and I will post the Cab in the FAQ section for T-Mobile users info.

Take care hope it works

okay, i've done several tests (even reflashed the rom) but can't get mms to work. if i install the fix t-mobile mms rom, i can't even get into a new message (mms oe sms). as soon as i uninstall the "fix", i can create and get into both types fine. only the sms is successfully sent; mms fails and goes into the drafts folder.

?????

lilchip85

Aug 25, 2009
Hamburg N.J.
okay, i've done several tests (even reflashed the rom) but can't get mms to work. if i install the fix t-mobile mms rom, i can't even get into a new message (mms oe sms). as soon as i uninstall the "fix", i can create and get into both types fine. only the sms is successfully sent; mms fails and goes into the drafts folder.

?????
i had the same problem buddy. this is what i did to fix it :)
MMS:

1. Go to Start - Settings - Connections - Connections
  2. Go to the right tab, click on Select Networks
  3. In the drop down menu (first one), select T-Mobile MMS, and then Edit or whatever the button is below.
  4. Click Edit again, leave the network name as is, and then change the access point name to: wap.voicestream.com
  5. Finish that, and then in that drop down menu from step 3 or whatever, reselect T-Mobile Data. Then close out, and send MMS's.

Or something like that, lol. All written from my phone, so yea.

idk if the rom default size limit is 300 so i attached a size increase :) makes it 1000

Last edited:

oajungen

Dec 23, 2006
Using this ROM (1.5) for some hours now and noticed only one strange thing. I a switch to day view of the HTC agenda tab I will see the appointments for some time (a seconds or so) for one hour late. So 10.00 is showed as 11.00. After a second or so the time is showed the way it should. Never had this with other ROM's. It is not a time zone problem because time zone on the Pro2 and the appointments is the same.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BTW, almost forgot about the Thanks button that only a few deepshining users are using. Joe Bleau made me thinking and I will probably use my Thanks Meter as a reference to release a new ROM. This said, my next goal is 100 thanks and at this moment 69 thanks are missing.

This will probably be the end of deepshining development. :D:D:D
    Hi guys,

There are almost 2000 downloads since ROMs were released last friday and I am just curious to know if battery life is worst or better with X14.

Could you please provide some feedback.

Thanks
    dot
    X14 released for Sense, Touchstone and CHT ROMs

Hi guys,

A lot of a hard work but it is finally here:

2-Apr-2011: DeepShining X14.28245.Touchstone & Sense & CHT details:

. WinMo 28245.
    . New drivers from RHOD 2.10. (tentative to fix SOD that some users reported).
    . HTC Peep Security update (twitter).
    . Youtube sound fixed and a BIG thanks to WildChild.
    . Tentative to fix the Chinese display support.
    . Fixed some missing features in Total Commander.
    . New Power Management tweaks to extend battery life even further.
    . Improved perfomance.
    . HTC Packages updated.
    . Removed .Sincity Theme (for now) from the Co0kie ROM.

Latest ROMs - DOWNLOAD HERE

Have fun
    dot
    It's quite incredible that you have only a Thanks Meter of 30 @ the present. :confused: Come on guys, click the Thanks button on some of dotcompt's posts. If you don't see the Thanks button next to Quote then check bottom left of this page and switch to the XDA 2010 UI instead of the XDA Classic. This said, some have a high score in part because of tag teams like in the NRG Rhodium thread for example.

I have been testing the DeepShining X14.28245.Sense on my spare Tilt 2 since a couple of days & it's fast & fluid. Thanks dotcompt for your continuous development of ROMs for our Rhodiums! :cool:

This said there are a few things that bugged me so here are some fixes that could be integrated in the nextROMs:

Autolock on screen turning off: that is a major annoyance IMO. I don't need the phone to auto lock all the time when it's lying on my desk. I searched for a switch or app to enable/disable in Start but could not find any. After searching the thread: auto lock returns 12 results, autolock returns 16 and lock returns 220 with a bunch of registry tweak fixes but that's not viable to disable/enable on the fly.

It turns out that it's the LockDevice V1.6 by Daniel Herrero rey that is cooked currently but w/o the GUI link to change the settings. Using Total Commander, I found the LockDeviceGUI.lnk in phone/Windows and copied it to Start but I got an error on running it. The solution was to download the LockDevice_V1.6.CAB from Herrero's thread Et voilà! A new LockDevice link in Start Menu and no more swiping to unlock every few minutes. :) Maybe it should be disabled by default w/ info in the FAQ's about the LockDevice GUI app?

Next, looking in the Start Menu, I saw the bland File Explorer and then in Tools an other File Explorer but with the logo of the awesome Total Commander. :confused: And when adding a quicklink on Home or Programs tabs, one can see the same thing in the popup program list choices.

So, using said Total Commander (a.k.a. Tools/"File Explorer" or "Explorer" on the Action screen): > navigate to Windows > Start Menu > Tools > tap & hold "File Explorer" & rename it to the proper Total Commander. After doing that, while still in TC, move the link to Start\Programs so you can put it next to File Explorer. I use TC 20 times a day so no reason to mislabel it and hide it in Tools IMO. ;) I made a small cab that changes the TC icon to a better one found in the ROM in the same style as the one for the File Explorer. Just copy the cab to memory card & run from there AFTER renaming the link.

The Call History metro style icon on the slider bar really clashes with the rest and it's smack in the middle by default so after some research, it turns out that the files in this ROM for that tab are:

6BECE1ED_manila, 13C88F06_manila, 17148F3B_manila and 461884d8_manila.

I extracted only them from theuser's Slider Tab Icons Pack cab and cabbed them for your convenience. Those blue book/phone/history icon files are in this ROM's Windows directory but their name was shortened by 1 digit so that clashing metro thing could take it's place. :confused:

Finally, the cooked bnm7bnm's Colored HTC Comm Manager tab + 11 Buttons has nice color icons but for some reasons the slider switch are RED when turned off. An eyesore and it attracts the eye on stuff that's turned off. :confused: So I made an other simple cab to fix this. BTW it would be nice to have the same style of colored icons (for consistency & fast visual identification) in the Slider > Settings tab. ;)

Thanks for your feedback mate, your post was very usefull and I will make some changes in a future update taking your review in consideration.
    i reflashed and now it works perfect, no more terminating my data connection when i press the end key
    Now if Dot could get youtube working with High Quality videos and sound, that'd be the last rom i'd flash on my tilt2:D

Thanks to a awesome help from a XDA Member I finally fixed the Youtube sound problem.

Working on X14...It will be a blast.