music player recommendations (other than Poweramp)?

Search This thread

psp9000333

May 14, 2013
I'm looking for a new player to use for my device, because Poweramp is extremely glitchy. anything can help. thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

maxpower7

May 2, 2011
What kinds of glitches are you having with Poweramp? I've never had any issues with it.

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
Yeah, no glitches / issues for me as well! Runs smoothly..

If you want a change, you could try Musixmatch or rocket player..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

psp9000333

May 14, 2013
What kinds of glitches are you having with Poweramp? I've never had any issues with it.

its like from now, if I add music files, more specifically, .aac files, the time of the track has seemed to double, yet starts at the middle of that doubled time, so it plays normally. why am I looking for a new player is because it actually cuts the track at the end too early, and I want to actually listen to entire track.

maxpower7

May 2, 2011
its like from now, if I add music files, more specifically, .aac files, the time of the track has seemed to double, yet starts at the middle of that doubled time, so it plays normally. why am I looking for a new player is because it actually cuts the track at the end too early, and I want to actually listen to entire track.

I don't know about the doubling thing, but the end of the track being cut off is probably because of your crossfade / gapless settings which can be adjusted.

Personally, the only music app I ever used was Poweramp until I switched to Google Music All Access when I bought this phone. I haven't looked back.

psp9000333

May 14, 2013
I don't know about the doubling thing, but the end of the track being cut off is probably because of your crossfade / gapless settings which can be adjusted.

Personally, the only music app I ever used was Poweramp until I switched to Google Music All Access when I bought this phone. I haven't looked back.

what I meant was that it actually cuts off 2-5 seconds before the track ends. I've used the Poweramp forum to discuss my problems with little help.

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
what I meant was that it actually cuts off 2-5 seconds before the track ends. I've used the Poweramp forum to discuss my problems with little help.

Doubling of track time is a problem with the specific music file and not with PowerAmp..

Even I have faced this a few times but it was because of the bad file... I re-downloaded the file from a different source and everything was ok!

Seriously, there isn't any music app which I've found better than PowerAmp and I've been using it since ages!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

psp9000333

May 14, 2013
alright, Poweramp seems to be the best one for me, as though the problem is now gone. thanks for the replies you guys!

Sent from my Nexus 5