How do I find out what Android ROM I;m using?

Search This thread

omAcronAlpha

Feb 22, 2011
Since I downloaded an Andriod NAND Rom, I've forgotten which ROM I used, and now I need to know that information. How, if at all, can I find out what ROM I'm using right now?

Reactions: uchytilvernon

dkl_uk

Jul 3, 2005
Manchester, UK
To be fair when I first moved from WM6.5 to NANDroid i'vd flashed so many in the first week i'd also forgotten what ROM i'd used, and needed to know so I knew which .zip file to throw back on my SD card to re-flash it.

Nemesiis

Apr 20, 2011
It happens!

Whats with the 'tude?

I had MAJOR issues with my rooted Droid, I installed, uninstalled and reinstalled several ROMS...

After hours of struggling I finally got a stable ROM working but a few months later I am unable to recall which version of which ROM it was that finally decided to work.

It happens!!

I see that you have sarcasm but do you have answers as well??

GreenAsJade

Jan 18, 2012
I have the same problem.

I can only guess that because Settings->About doesn't have a "Mod" info section, then I've ended up back on the stock ROM?

GaJ

Reactions: uchytilvernon

GreenAsJade

Jan 18, 2012
Dang, I have ROM Manager, but for the life of me I can't see where it tells me what ROM I have at the moment ....

:S

GaJ

jerryp7

Feb 20, 2011
Front Royal, VA
Same question here...
I have the Rom Manager and it only shows the recovery setup option and other options, but I can't find how to find out which Rom I currently have installed.

Wow. This is an old post. How do you only have 1 post but joined in 2009?
Regardless, just go to settings>about device and right under Legal information it should tell you the ROM. Maybe not but mine does.

ironhair

Nov 27, 2009
Wow. This is an old post. How do you only have 1 post but joined in 2009?
Regardless, just go to settings>about device and right under Legal information it should tell you the ROM. Maybe not but mine does.
Heh, I remember creating this account when I got one of my earlier phones, but never got around to flashing my phone.
Now that I'm a couple of androids old, I thought of trying it out again..

Didn't even remember I had an account here, till I got the "email already used" message ;)

As for checking the ROM, perhaps I've flashed a vanilla stock rom or a no-frills stock rom..
Under Legal information, I just have
Model Number,
Android Version
Baseband version
Kernel version
Build number.

jerryp7

Feb 20, 2011
Front Royal, VA
Heh, I remember creating this account when I got one of my earlier phones, but never got around to flashing my phone.
Now that I'm a couple of androids old, I thought of trying it out again..

Didn't even remember I had an account here, till I got the "email already used" message ;)

As for checking the ROM, perhaps I've flashed a vanilla stock rom or a no-frills stock rom..
Under Legal information, I just have
Model Number,
Android Version
Baseband version
Kernel version
Build number.

Definitely different than mine. If you are using Sprint GS3 and want some adventure you might want to try The Peoples ROM http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2013463 Then you will know the ROM for sure.
If you aren't rooted the easiest way is with mskip's toolkit http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1703488 Even if you are you might want to install TWRP Recovery with it anyhow. Once you do that (are rooted) you can dirty flash The Peoples ROM which means (always) do a nandroid backup, erase cache, dalvik and system and then flash the ROM. This then keeps ALL yours data and apps. If it doesn't work you can always restore the nandroid backup and everything will be the same as you have now. I have been using TPR for months and especially like the working native Sprint hotspot. The TPR has a very active and helpful forum and the OP, Kennyglass keeps up with it and answers questions etc...

Reactions: ironhair

supercho

Jul 6, 2013
Have this problem been solved? I can't find the ROM version I have either. Nothing in "about phone" tells me.

Marvlesz

Jun 28, 2010
Saudi Arabia
Does the build name, or build date, or build version another name for ROM? It tells me a lot but NOTHING "ROM" related.

Look at this screenshot:

2e4x860.png

Don't you have the same helpful information?

Edit: Forget about "Carbon Version", since the ROM is official. But what about the build number? It says the name and the date.

Last edited:

supercho

Jul 6, 2013
Look at this screenshot:

2e4x860.png

Don't you have the same helpful information?

Edit: Forget about "Carbon Version", since the ROM is official. But what about the build number? It says the name and the date.

Mine doesn't have a built date but does have a built number, except it doesn't show any number, more like a name. "GINGERBREAD.VUVKJ6".

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It happens!

Whats with the 'tude?

I had MAJOR issues with my rooted Droid, I installed, uninstalled and reinstalled several ROMS...

After hours of struggling I finally got a stable ROM working but a few months later I am unable to recall which version of which ROM it was that finally decided to work.

It happens!!

I see that you have sarcasm but do you have answers as well??
    probably: settings > about phone > mod version
    You can download the Rom Manager app which in fact is a very handy app it shaws the current rom and Clockwork you are in.
    google it, while i cann't link it :mad:
    it is also on the market ;)
    Since I downloaded an Andriod NAND Rom, I've forgotten which ROM I used, and now I need to know that information. How, if at all, can I find out what ROM I'm using right now?
    I have the same problem.

I can only guess that because Settings->About doesn't have a "Mod" info section, then I've ended up back on the stock ROM?

GaJ