[ROM][01/07/2013] FactoryROM Project:2013 v1.0

Search This thread

Cothek

Jun 30, 2011
FL
First wanted to say that this is a great ROM! Competes with minco for best batt life for me but has MUCH more customizability than minco :D.

Second is that GPS is not locking on 2.0 where 1.0 worked fine...anyone else having this problem?

Thanks MyComputerDoctor for the ROM!

serx7

Mar 21, 2011
First wanted to say that this is a great ROM! Competes with minco for best batt life for me but has MUCH more customizability than minco :D.

Second is that GPS is not locking on 2.0 where 1.0 worked fine...anyone else having this problem?

Thanks MyComputerDoctor for the ROM!

I flashed 2.0 over the beta1 with cache/dalvik/system wipes and just fired up Google Maps for the 1st time. It got GPS lock from inside my office within about 10-15 seconds (my desk is about 15' away from the nearest window).

Reactions: Cothek

Cothek

Jun 30, 2011
FL
I flashed 2.0 over the beta1 with cache/dalvik/system wipes and just fired up Google Maps for the 1st time. It got GPS lock from inside my office within about 10-15 seconds (my desk is about 15' away from the nearest window).
Cool, i'll check it out.
EDIT: GPS works fine after dirty flashing, thanks serx7.

Last edited:

blame2

Jun 15, 2012
Just flash.. It won't hurt, I promise.. :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

I flashed the Rom this evening. I've been playing around with it for the last half an hour or so...

Most of the stuff works.

Bugs:

had a bit of a bug with the softkeys. After adding a 4th key and then removing it, then restoring defaults.. Home button wouldn't bring up google now ring... had to swipe up before it appeared.

Also as one poster noted... the "use light theme" option in the text settings doesn't work... no matter what the Text app is dark... even after a reboot.

Other thoughts:

1.Boot animation isn't as smooth as it should be, not sure if you're using low-res images or if it's the animation itself but it's not as crisp as I think it should be.

2. Your custom Icons and dark theme is good, but it would be nice to have the default jellybean theme as an option.. Perhaps used team baked dark Gapps for those who want them and stock JB for those who don't...

3. don't know if you went out of your way to make it so difficult to change your phone, text, browser, & Contacts apps but Cm10 themes can't change them. Launcher theme engine can't change them.. have to do it manually.

Final thoughts. you're on the right track, but what you might see as "signature" features of your ROM (Dark text app, custom icons that are hard to change) i just see as someone making it difficult for me to make it MY phone... You have a good base.. now let me make it mine. that's what customizations are for right? :)

Last edited:

drmp3z

Aug 25, 2008
I flashed the Rom this evening. I've been playing around with it for the last half an hour or so...

Most of the stuff works.

Bugs:

had a bit of a bug with the softkeys. After adding a 4th key and then removing it, then restoring defaults.. Home button wouldn't bring up google now ring... had to swipe up before it appeared.

Also as one poster noted... the "use light theme" option in the text settings doesn't work... no matter what the Text app is dark... even after a reboot.

Other thoughts:

1.Boot animation isn't as smooth as it should be, not sure if you're using low-res images or if it's the animation itself but it's not as crisp as I think it should be.

2. Your custom Icons and dark theme is good, but it would be nice to have the default jellybean theme as an option.. Perhaps used team baked dark Gapps for those who want them and stock JB for those who don't...

I think it's fine. I think you need t go back to another rom. This rom is what i been looking for. Great work!!!! I will donate friday!!!

vince7

May 20, 2012
Battery life is insane on this rom

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

vince7

May 20, 2012
Battery life is amazing on this rom

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

MyComputerDoctor

I installed 2.0 last night. Very nice. Really like this ROM. It is so stable on my device. The one thing on this update I don't care for is the blackened messaging app. I unchecked the "Use Dark Theme" option but it didn't make a difference. Is there a way to un-invert the colors on this app?

Thanks again for all of your hard work.

Unfortunately, the inverted portions of the apps are an all or nothing modification. The changes are coded into my source and to change it if would have to have separate builds or branches which would take to long to work with.

Most of the stuff works.

Bugs:

Other thoughts:

3. don't know if you went out of your way to make it so difficult to change your phone, text, browser, & Contacts apps but Cm10 themes can't change them. Launcher theme engine can't change them.. have to do it manually.

Final thoughts. you're on the right track, but what you might see as "signature" features of your ROM (Dark text app, custom icons that are hard to change) i just see as someone making it difficult for me to make it MY phone... You have a good base.. now let me make it mine. that's what customizations are for right? :)

I appreciate the bug report but if I start adding to many fully backwards compatible options that's when the real bugs begin and loss of speed and fluidity comes in. I am building this ROM to my liking and there will always be complaints no matter what. I have learned this from my several years of development and through trials and tribulations I have learned to pick a game plan and stick with it.

I think it's fine. I think you need t go back to another rom. This rom is what i been looking for. Great work!!!! I will donate friday!!!

No need to donate. Have a drink in my honor. :what:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Sheetzie03

Most of the stuff works.

Bugs:

Other thoughts:

I'm loving the ROM. Please keep it up.

Just a few things from this post,

1. True about the boot animation for me,
Not the biggest deal though.

2. However, not true about Aokp and Cm9 10 themes for me. On Red Blast in theme engine and the things you say are not themed are indeed themed, for me at least HA.

OP thank you one again.

xavier86

Aug 4, 2011
Rochester, NY

Idk if you'd call that flashing over. If your wiping out the system, cache and dalvik that's pretty much a full wipe.

Not wiping the data preserves your home screen layout, settings and app data like shadow guns game files which makes things easier. You especially if your using TB to restore the daily use apps.

But if you don't backup new apps regularly you will end up with a dead icons. Which is annoying....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

mtbhk44

Sep 2, 2010
Weird - SIM card just stopped working. No idea if it was ROM related or not. I have never had this happen before on any phone. Wiped everything...still no go. Took the battery out, took out the SIM, put it back in, everything is fine. Very strange. Thought the phone was borked.

serx7

Mar 21, 2011
Idk if you'd call that flashing over. If your wiping out the system, cache and dalvik that's pretty much a full wipe.

Not wiping the data preserves your home screen layout, settings and app data like shadow guns game files which makes things easier. You especially if your using TB to restore the daily use apps.

But if you don't backup new apps regularly you will end up with a dead icons. Which is annoying....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

yeah i guess it's semantics but know what you mean. more specifically i didn't do the factory reset (data wipe). in my experience it seems that when ppl report problems & others recommend full wipe, it means /data. The updater-script in most ROM zip files executes a /system wipe, so that part's commonly implied w/ a ROM flash.

drmp3z

Aug 25, 2008
Was anyone having issue with GPS not locking on 2.0? and if so did 2.1 fix the issue?

nutpn

Dec 30, 2010
ALABAMA
excited for you

glad you have decided to move to sourcery,I frequent the irc,so keep a eye out for USMC

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FactoryROM_Project_2013_zps3d530aed.png

FactoryROM Project:2013 v1.0 - Team FactoryROM
    Follow us on Twitter: @FactoryROM

Features_zps67657789.png

* Android v4.2.1 Base
    * FactoryLauncher v1.0 - Custom Jellybean Launcher
    * Factory Stickers - Custom Wallpapers
    * Custom Settings with ROM Control
    * User Interface has been Darkened for Better Battery Life and Quick User Interaction
    * T-Mobile Theme Engine (for AOKP & CM Themes)
    * FactoryROM Stickers (custom Wallpaper Chooser)
    * Custom FactoryROM Project:2013 Theme Systemwide
    * Custom Device Options for the Galaxy Nexus
    * Performance Control App (for Setting CPU and Governer Options)
    * Inverted GAPPS
    * SuperSU Super User App
    * All Stock Apps Themed

User Interface Settings:

* Ability to Add Custom Boot Animation
    * Ablilty to Disable Boot Animation
    * Custom FactoryROM Boot Animation
    * Ability to choose Android Launcher (through Aroma)
    * Ability to change Custom Carrier Label
    * Ability to choose Notification Background
    * Show Notification Count on Statusbar
    * Added Statusbar Brightness Slider
    * Ability to change Statusbar and Navigation Bar Opacity
    * Ability to Enable Kill-All-Button
    * Ability to show RAM usage in Recents Menu
    * Ability to Hold Back to Kill Current Activity
    * Ability to Allow 180 Degree Device Rotation
    * Ability to Show IME Switcher

Lock Screen Settings:

* Ability to change Lock Screen text color
    * Ability to Display Battery Life Percentage on the Lock Screen
    * Ability to use Volume Control to Wake Phone
    * Ability to use Volume Control to Skip Tracks of Song while phone screen is Off
    * Ability to Allow use of All Android Widgets on Lock Screen
    * Ability to Allow Unlimited Number of Widgets on Lock Screen

Power Menu Options:

* Ability to show Screenshot, Torch Toggle, Airplane Mode Toggle and Navigation Bar Toggle

Navigation Bar Settings:

* Change the Menu Location
    * Change the Menu Visablility
    * Change Navigation Bar Color, and Glow Color
    * Ability to show Menu Arrow Keys in Navigation Bar while typing
    * Ability to customize Navigation Bar Buttons and Shortcuts
    * Ability to change the Number of Navigation Bar Rings
    * Ability to choose Navigation Bar Ring Shortcuts and Applications
    * Ability to change Navigation Bar Height is Portrait and Landscape
    * Ability to change Navigation Bar Transparentcy
    * Ability to configure Navigation Bar Widgets

Status Bar Settings:

* Ability to change Battery Settings
    * Ability to change Clock Settings
    * Ability to change Signal Settings
    * Ability to change Statusbar Toggles

Systemwide Settings:

* Ability to configure LED Otions
    * Ability to configure Sounds Options
    * Ability to configure Advanced Vibration Options
    Downloads_zps9ff326d2.png

ROM: FactoryROM Project:2013 v1.0
    MD5: d24b345a452f14cd6aa4e7609a13dd84

GAPPS: FactoryROM Project:2013 GAPPS
    MD5: fdcdd7ea2e844171cc307e68576ebe79

Credits_zpse85b18b6.png

* AOKP and CM Team for the Wonderful Android Base
    * TeamBAKED
    * All of my Testers (You know who you are)
    * Droid-Hive (for Hosting my Work)
    I haven't seen nay updates in a while on this thread. Has MCD abandoned dev'ing for this? It had a ton of potential as I though this was the base for his latest project, but as soon as it came out it basically went silent. Any news?

GB, I completely agree with you however, I am pretty sure he's dev'ing for the DNA but I believe he will still come back to the GNEX eventually -hopefully- ???

Sent from my Nexus 7

You guys have been very patient and I appreciate the ongoing support. I did get a DNA and have been doing some work on that device but I just synced my FactoryROM source again and installed a new build system and I plan on continuing with this project over the holiday's. Stay tuned for some more flashing in the next week or so.
    Working on a Update now...
    I have been hard at work on a new project for all Nexus devices called Project:2013. I am about 95 percent complete and should have an initial release by the end of the week. Say tuned at @FactoryROM for more details.
    MCD, you still around? Haven't seen or heard anything for a while so I was just checking.