Should I Att G Flex or stay with Att Note 3 ???

Search This thread

mastaofdacat

Feb 3, 2012
Hey guys I have the option of getting the At&t Flex and making my plan cheaper. Problem is I love my Note 3 on AT&T but thier version has a frustrating GPS problem that can't be fixed at the moment. Whould you guys change to the Flex over the Note 3 ??

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

alhadee12

Sep 3, 2013
Hey guys I have the option of getting the At&t Flex and making my plan cheaper. Problem is I love my Note 3 on AT&T but thier version has a frustrating GPS problem that can't be fixed at the moment. Whould you guys change to the Flex over the Note 3 ??

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

What GPS issues are you having? At this moment I haven't encountered any, but I will be traveling today and hopefully I won't run into any.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

gtamgs15

Jan 4, 2014
DFW, Texaa
What GPS issues are you having? At this moment I haven't encountered any, but I will be traveling today and hopefully I won't run into any.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Not sure if its AT&T network or my phone. But as of recently, when I turn on GPS, it can't find me. It'll get a general area (within 1 mile), but nothing compared to what it used to do (within 30 feet).

alhadee12

Sep 3, 2013
I haven't experienced those issues, but I'll use my Nexus 5 today when I travel to be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stillbrad

Nov 18, 2009
Palm Beach
G Flex sucks. The screen is horrible compared to note 3. As far as GPS... Just use a custom ROM and it will go away. Mine did.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mr pnut

Oct 20, 2011
Compton Ca.
G Flex sucks. The screen is horrible compared to note 3. As far as GPS... Just use a custom ROM and it will go away. Mine did.

Serious......... I have both and my flex is faster than my note 3 and with no lags, I flashed almost every international and U.S roms on my note 3 and I like my flex better being stock, but I'm done with Sammy and there dumb ass knox

Sent from my Enormous G Flex.

Reactions: juelzfire

stillbrad

Nov 18, 2009
Palm Beach
Serious......... I have both and my flex is faster than my note 3 and with no lags, I flashed almost every international and U.S roms on my note 3 and I like my flex better being stock, but I'm done with Sammy and there dumb ass knox

Lol. I love when people say that. The note has better internals. Yet it lags and the g flex is faster....haha. I'm on gummy ROM and its ridiculous fast and makes use of its 3gb of ram. Not to mention did I say the screen sucks? I guess if your stuck in 2007 when 720p was hot maybe u could like the flex not me I'm in 2014.

mr pnut

Oct 20, 2011
Compton Ca.
Lol. I love when people say that. The note has better internals. Yet it lags and the g flex is faster....haha. I'm on gummy ROM and its ridiculous fast and makes use of its 3gb of ram. Not to mention did I say the screen sucks? I guess if your stuck in 2007 when 720p was hot maybe u could like the flex not me I'm in 2014.

Sorry but gummy rom is not fast, dude note 3 just gets boring I had it since day one also with my gear and I got bored with both

Reactions: juelzfire

bp328i

May 22, 2010
Tampa Bay

I have the Note III, how do you say it has better internals than the Flex?

They have the same Snapdragon 800, they are both Quad cores, they both have the Adreno 330 graphics processor. The ONLY difference is the RAM, oh yeah the Flex has a 3500 mAh battery and the Note III has 3200 mAh battery. So how does the Note III have better internals again?

I'm not sticking up for the Flex here at all (I love my Note III) but it really can come down to the way Samsung and LG skin Android differently.

Reactions: mr pnut

yellowman82

Jun 12, 2011

720p isnt the issue for the bad screen its the P-oled screen why do folks think its the 720p resolution?

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

JFigure

Dec 22, 2011
i just dumped my note 3 for a gflex, couldn't be happier.
one tenth the bloat, and the stock ui is pretty decent until roms are available.

fanboys will always talk this and that about the screen... but have you seen it in person? how does the screen look to YOUR eyes?
for me, color is more important than xxx ppi or whatnot. love me oled.

stillbrad

Nov 18, 2009
Palm Beach
one tenth the bloat, and the stock ui is pretty decent until roms are available.

fanboys will always talk this and that about the screen... but have you seen it in person? how does the screen look to YOUR eyes?

Let me preface this. I wanted the gflex very badly and went to the T-Mobile store to see it. I am not a fan boy. I compared to my note extensively and the gflex failed on every level except its form factor was amazing. Loved the look and curve. I didn't notice it to be any more snappy then my note and the screen was the biggest disappointment side by side. If I wasn't looking at my note and then looking at the flex I can maybe see how people could say the screen looks nice...after you get past the horrible grainy screen when the brightness isn't turned up. Also its the combination of p oled and 720p that makes it so bad. The gflex 2 will be a lot better and will consider that next year once the technology is where it should be.

Feb 14, 2012
you know, it was a tough call for me. In the end it comes down to personal preference and more importantly how you use the phone. As others have pointed out, the p-oled display reminds one of the GNex for those of us that used that phone. It's got some grain on low brightness settings and technically the Note III (and many other LCD displays like those in the One and G2) are superior. What I did was use the phones together for a week and at the end of that time period I ended up keeping the Flex. I've had the Note 3 since November and have enjoyed the phone very much for a while now but I found in that week where I had them together I had a slight preference for the Flex. I especially enjoy watching vid on the Flex as I don't use it in this context with low brightness settings. Turned up I find the screen is quite nice and the shape makes the experience for immersive for me. Sorry to sound like an advertising wag but this has indeed been my experience. YMMV. I like the Flex for making calls to. I actually still make a fair number of these and the Flex is more comfortable for me here than the N3. So these are my experiences but honestly you can't go wrong with either. Good luck with your decision.

JFigure

Dec 22, 2011
Let me preface this. I wanted the gflex very badly and went to the T-Mobile store to see it. I am not a fan boy. I compared to my note extensively and the gflex failed on every level except its form factor was amazing. Loved the look and curve. I didn't notice it to be any more snappy then my note and the screen was the biggest disappointment side by side. If I wasn't looking at my note and then looking at the flex I can maybe see how people could say the screen looks nice...after you get past the horrible grainy screen when the brightness isn't turned up. Also its the combination of p oled and 720p that makes it so bad. The gflex 2 will be a lot better and will consider that next year once the technology is where it should be.

the difference in the screen aren't enough for me to care, color/vividness matters more to me.
I was given a FREE z1s, and haven't touched it because of the terrible screen. seriously, its THAT bad.

for me, the flex is everything i need. the note was a bag of tricks that i hated.

Reactions: wase4711

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
I just picked up my flex last night and all I can say is WOW!!!

Not sure why anyone would complain about the screen on this phone; the screen is GORGEOUS, fast as snot, and would be a GREAT addition to your phone inventory..Who sits there and analyzes there screen all day anyways? This is a cell phone, not a 4k television.

Not sure if there is much reason to dump a note 3 for it, but, if you are torn between the 2, and don't care about S-pen stuff, the Flex would be a fantastic alternative..

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA

You probably never owned the G flex. It's a fantastic device with insane battery life and speed. Yes the display isn't the best but it's still decent. Both the note 3 and flex are great, it's just that the flex offers something different vs the note that has same old touchwiz.

Reactions: wase4711

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
yep, they are both great devices; if you need a major productivity tool, the note 3 is probably a better choice; if you want a multimedia, fun, unique phone, the Flex deserves a serious look..

After 5 samsung phones in a row, I had a HTC one max which was very nice, but this thing blows that away, especially with tmobile service versus Sprint..

Tornlogic

Dec 11, 2010
Okay, the display of the Flex is a mixed bag. Before I go any further, I have to admit I'm a fan of the Flex. Not a fan of Touch Wiz or Sammy Radios

What sucks about the Flex's display are the artifacts and ghosting. Its that simple. What is great is the color and 720. 720 you ask, well this is the best 720 android display you will find. After using the note 3 for sometime, then going to the Flex, you notice whites are whiter on the LG. That's something that's more important than splotchyness you might find. At least for me.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

alhadee12

Sep 3, 2013
I just picked one up and will give it shot of the trial period and see if its a keeper.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sorry but gummy rom is not fast, dude note 3 just gets boring I had it since day one also with my gear and I got bored with both

I have the Note III, how do you say it has better internals than the Flex?

They have the same Snapdragon 800, they are both Quad cores, they both have the Adreno 330 graphics processor. The ONLY difference is the RAM, oh yeah the Flex has a 3500 mAh battery and the Note III has 3200 mAh battery. So how does the Note III have better internals again?

I'm not sticking up for the Flex here at all (I love my Note III) but it really can come down to the way Samsung and LG skin Android differently.

you know, it was a tough call for me. In the end it comes down to personal preference and more importantly how you use the phone. As others have pointed out, the p-oled display reminds one of the GNex for those of us that used that phone. It's got some grain on low brightness settings and technically the Note III (and many other LCD displays like those in the One and G2) are superior. What I did was use the phones together for a week and at the end of that time period I ended up keeping the Flex. I've had the Note 3 since November and have enjoyed the phone very much for a while now but I found in that week where I had them together I had a slight preference for the Flex. I especially enjoy watching vid on the Flex as I don't use it in this context with low brightness settings. Turned up I find the screen is quite nice and the shape makes the experience for immersive for me. Sorry to sound like an advertising wag but this has indeed been my experience. YMMV. I like the Flex for making calls to. I actually still make a fair number of these and the Flex is more comfortable for me here than the N3. So these are my experiences but honestly you can't go wrong with either. Good luck with your decision.