[Q] Sprint S3 4.3 - Some questions relating to rooting and knox.

Search This thread

theolepsy

Mar 14, 2014
Philly
Hey everyone. Im relatively new to this forum and rooting. I have some background knowledge in programming and other related aspects, unfortunately nothing related to Android. As well as some Linux OS experience. Now as far as i know ROM's could be compared to OS builds. Android 4.1.2, 4.3, 4.4, etc. Rooting makes you a super user/sudo like Linux. I think i have that pretty much correct. Now for the things i know little about.
-KNOX so far it seems its mostly used for enterprises and to see if we have installed a custom ROM. I've seen a lot of different information about Knox. What exactly else does it do/change? As of 4.3 i see we could no longer roll back or we will brick our device. What should i be wary of? I could care less about tripping the knox counter.

-Stock OTA is another thing i was curious about. This simply means an update was installed post factory by user, correct? My girlfriend has an S3 and i cant remember if 4.3 was stock or 4.1.2. I just wanted to clear up if my OTA updated S3 was covered under this.

-i saw one root method which kept the stock recovery but installed the superuser. What is the benefit for having a stock recovery? Would i be able to use a custom one with Knox in place? I was thinking of using a 4.4 cyanogenmod rom.

Sorry if this seems a bit noobish, but my schedule is tight and i spent maybe 6 hours trying to find exact information. Kind of hidden lol.

I apprreciate any answers!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

theolepsy

Mar 14, 2014
Philly
Ahh lol sorry could you direct me to the forum? I work nights so hopefully this eill be moved beforehand

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts