[Q] Need Help with Note 3

Search This thread

Android525

Jul 5, 2014
I bought a note 3 from someone on kijiji. I did not do my due diligence in checking that there was nothing wrong with the phone before I bought it. I have some experience rooting androids as well as using customs wrong but not for several years when I had an LG G2X which didn't work properly (which is why I got into it).

Anyway I am really stuck with this phone. The model number SM-N9006. It is unlocked. It is running Android 4.4.2.

This is where the weirdness starts: It appears to be running an HTC bootloader?(the little android logo is the same one as HTC). I cannot boot into anysort of recovery mode and doing a factory reset doesn't really work. It puts the phone back the way I got it but it is definately not stock factory. I cannot sync my google contacts, and I randomly get weird push notifications in a language I don't understand but appears asian (characters).

I really just want to figure out how to completly wipe it and install a new rom from scratch, it doesn't really matter if its a stock rom or a custom rom.

A friend of mine has to wipe phones sometimes for his job and he got this information from his work software:
Model : SM-N9006
Firmware: N9006ZCBMIT3
Kernel Version : 3.4.0-1590669
se.infra@RO304-14#1
Wed Sep 11 23:59:42 KST 2013

Build #: JSSI5J-N9006ZCUBML5

Odin Version: Odin3 V3.09.3

What happens when I boot into recovery is that a menu will show up but you cannot select any of the options. I also cannot boot into odin mode.

What my friends work software does is secure wipe the phone and restore it to the stock image stored on the phone. However it did not work properly because the rom stored on the phone is not the stock rom.

I would really appreciate any help, advice, what to try next. I don't have alot of experience with this stuff and I really can't afford to just buy a new phone.

Bibz0r

Nov 12, 2012
Saint-Donat
I bought a note 3 from someone on kijiji. I did not do my due diligence in checking that there was nothing wrong with the phone before I bought it. I have some experience rooting androids as well as using customs wrong but not for several years when I had an LG G2X which didn't work properly (which is why I got into it).

Anyway I am really stuck with this phone. The model number SM-N9006. It is unlocked. It is running Android 4.4.2.

This is where the weirdness starts: It appears to be running an HTC bootloader?(the little android logo is the same one as HTC). I cannot boot into anysort of recovery mode and doing a factory reset doesn't really work. It puts the phone back the way I got it but it is definately not stock factory. I cannot sync my google contacts, and I randomly get weird push notifications in a language I don't understand but appears asian (characters).

I really just want to figure out how to completly wipe it and install a new rom from scratch, it doesn't really matter if its a stock rom or a custom rom.

A friend of mine has to wipe phones sometimes for his job and he got this information from his work software:
Model : SM-N9006
Firmware: N9006ZCBMIT3
Kernel Version : 3.4.0-1590669
se.infra@RO304-14#1
Wed Sep 11 23:59:42 KST 2013

Build #: JSSI5J-N9006ZCUBML5

Odin Version: Odin3 V3.09.3

What happens when I boot into recovery is that a menu will show up but you cannot select any of the options. I also cannot boot into odin mode.

What my friends work software does is secure wipe the phone and restore it to the stock image stored on the phone. However it did not work properly because the rom stored on the phone is not the stock rom.

I would really appreciate any help, advice, what to try next. I don't have alot of experience with this stuff and I really can't afford to just buy a new phone.

Yep, N9006 is the Chinese clone version.

Have you tried flashing the stock firmware on SamMobile via Odin? Can you at least get to download mode?

EDIT : Check this link, it should help you : http://www.androidjinni.com/update-galaxy-note-3-chinawcdma-n9006zcubmj3-android-4-3-2417/

Last edited:

Bibz0r

Nov 12, 2012
Saint-Donat

AO7

Nov 17, 2013
Have you turned on USB debugging mode?
http://www.androidjinni.com/2-best-ways-to-enable-usb-debugging-mode-android-511/

Then, follow this procedure :
http://www.androidjinni.com/how-to-update-your-android-device-firmware-539/

Let me know if any of this doesn't work and I'll try to help you the best I can.
His phone is a clone. How could a stock factory image run on a system which is completely different? It would be like attempting to flash a stock Nexus 7 image onto a Galaxy s4

AO7

Nov 17, 2013
There is stock images for N9006 on SamMobile : http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/
Wouldn't they work? Is this like a "fake" N9006? If I understand correctly, this is not a N9006 but a N9006 knockoff?

That's what I thought it was. If it is a legit N9006 he could attempt to flash the firmware you linked. But the HTC bootloader , recovery, and Odin not working makes me believe this is a clone. If it is a clone he may as well just bin it.

Bibz0r

Nov 12, 2012
Saint-Donat
That's what I thought it was. If it is a legit N9006 he could attempt to flash the firmware you linked. But the HTC bootloader , recovery, and Odin not working makes me believe this is a clone. If it is a clone he may as well just bin it.
I believe you're right. An HTC bootloader is the biggest indication here. Sorry OP, seems like you may be out of luck.

Last edited: