[T807AUCU1BOD4] Official Lollipop 5.0.2 OTA For AT&T Galaxy Tab S 10.5

Search This thread

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
The OTA is huge, to the tune of 1.1 GB, but I finally got it downloaded and installed. There are lots of UI tweaks and performance seems really good. Plus, the radio bug introduced with the NK1 update is fixed, so the cellular radio shouldn't randomly shut off anymore.

So far, I'm pretty happy with it. What say ye, fellow XDAers?

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

sram21092

Sep 24, 2010
Can anyone extract or pull the update and post it? I think you should be able to use kies

thorvindr

Jul 21, 2011
I've finally got this damn thing working the way I want and now they're pushing an update? And I don't have a choice? I should have stayed with Verizon.

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
I've finally got this damn thing working the way I want and now they're pushing an update? And I don't have a choice? I should have stayed with Verizon.
Seriously? Yes you have a choice. You can choose not to upgrade, but why wouldn't you? It's the latest and greatest of both Android and Touchwiz.

thorvindr

Jul 21, 2011
Seriously? Yes you have a choice. You can choose not to upgrade, but why wouldn't you? It's the latest and greatest of both Android and Touchwiz.

Not giving me a choice. Starts downloading as soon as I connect to Wifi. And I f*&#ing HATE TouchWiz. First thing I do on a Samsung device is install a launcher with even the most basic of customization options and disable the S-anything bloatware. SwiftKey is a better keyboard and Google (ya know; the stuff that's included with Android) is a better everything else.

Of course that's just my opinion but you asked why I don't want the update.

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Not giving me a choice. Starts downloading as soon as I connect to Wifi. And I f*&#ing HATE TouchWiz. First thing I do on a Samsung device is install a launcher with even the most basic of customization options and disable the S-anything bloatware. SwiftKey is a better keyboard and Google (ya know; the stuff that's included with Android) is a better everything else.

Of course that's just my opinion but you asked why I don't want the update.
Sounds like you should have bought a Nexus 9, then. haha

thorvindr

Jul 21, 2011
Yup. Didn't give me a choice. Kept asking all day and I kept saying no. Updated while I was sleeping. Now stuck with cheezy white-everywhere iPhone color scheme.