[ROM][Deprecated] CyanogenMod 9 alpha5: Android 4.0.3 for Samsung Epic 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
This will be my last post here for a while. I installed the new Shadow kernel optimized for a4 and now my GPS and wifi are superb. To those of you who insisted that it was not a kernel issue, either it was, or it's a coincidence, or it's a Mardi Gras miracle ;-). Happy Mardi Gras to all!

Sent from my SPH D700 using XDA App
Cyanogen Mod 9.4, Shadow kernel, EI22. I like my Ice Cream Sandwich!

bones420la

Nov 10, 2010
wilmington nc
market issue?

i have a fascinate so i cant keep up with everything going on here... but i flashed my friends epic to cm9 alpha 4... everything works except for the market... i can send apps to the phone using the google market website. but the market on the phone wont download anything.. ive tried clearing data and cache from the app... no luck.. anyone else having a similar problem that has found a fix?

RyleyinSTL

May 31, 2011
The Red Brick Mama
i have a fascinate so i cant keep up with everything going on here... but i flashed my friends epic to cm9 alpha 4... everything works except for the market... i can send apps to the phone using the google market website. but the market on the phone wont download anything.. ive tried clearing data and cache from the app... no luck.. anyone else having a similar problem that has found a fix?

Did you flash Gapps after you flashed the ROM? If not, do that.

BrooklynsFinest

May 31, 2011
I turned off pulse notification light but it sooooo blinks when the screen is off. If it supposed to do that?

Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

BrooklynsFinest

May 31, 2011
I have the same setup but only blinks when screen is off.

I still get texts from 9016 and it blinks when I get voicemails

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

skyjedi

Jan 14, 2011
redownload, check md5's, wipe data and caches, flash CM9, flash Gapps. Problem still present?

Zeinzu

Aug 18, 2010
Manchester
www.sdx-developers.com
When my friend's Moto Defy had two bars wifi signal,my epic had only one,sometimes even disconnected.We were at same place and under the same wifi network!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

Different hardware is a possibility. You should test it side by side with another Epic for a more accurate test of whether wifi is indeed worse signal or more accurate.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

|| Acer ||

Oct 21, 2010
Chicago
Alright so today I decided to do a test to see how my battery life would react.
During the morning, I played music for about an hour and 15 minutes on airplane mode, and I only lost about 10-15%.
However, just a while ago, I decided to play music NOT on airplane mode for only 17 minutes (yes, 17 lol), and my battery life went down 15%.

So what I'm wondering is, what is it about the signal that takes away an hour of battery? I'm on EH17 modem so some may argue that affects this test, but CM7 never gave me this big a different. In fact, it was roughly the same. I know the battery life on this isn't as good as CM7, and most likely never will be, but I'm curious if it's the signal that's really draining everyone's battery.

omair2005

Jul 26, 2007
Alright so today I decided to do a test to see how my battery life would react.
During the morning, I played music for about an hour and 15 minutes on airplane mode, and I only lost about 10-15%.
However, just a while ago, I decided to play music NOT on airplane mode for only 17 minutes (yes, 17 lol), and my battery life went down 15%.

So what I'm wondering is, what is it about the signal that takes away an hour of battery? I'm on EH17 modem so some may argue that affects this test, but CM7 never gave me this big a different. In fact, it was roughly the same. I know the battery life on this isn't as good as CM7, and most likely never will be, but I'm curious if it's the signal that's really draining everyone's battery.

Download this app from market called, Network. It is by Philipp. Change to cdma auto. This setting doesn't stick so you might have to check every so often..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

bigdbag

Oct 5, 2009
I think I've figured out the culprit, or least a major contributing factor in my battery woes.... CHROME browser. Using it for 10 minutes drains my battery literally almost 10% on 3g. I'm not sure if this is normal, or if anyone else can duplicate a similar result using the browser.

On separate but somewhat related note, is there a bug report about the screen flickering like crazy as it loads webpages? I get this flurry of horizontal dark lines as if it's trying to adjust brightness almost.

DonToolBag

May 4, 2008
Question that is probably * not * CM specific, but how do you all backup Swype properly to restore after flashing? I have the Swype installer, and I have a valid swype account (to redownload) after each flash, but is there an easier way to keep it as an apk to re-install?

Once again, sorry because I know this isn't CM specific. And yes, I have a VALID Swype account to download off the site. Not asking for the apk, I can extract if someone can give me a clue as to how. Thanks!

Alpha4 is running strong, and seems that it's better battery life (for me)!

Thanks to the CM team!

DTB

Frostacious

Nov 4, 2011
Rio Grande Valley, TX
Question that is probably * not * CM specific, but how do you all backup Swype properly to restore after flashing? I have the Swype installer, and I have a valid swype account (to redownload) after each flash, but is there an easier way to keep it as an apk to re-install?

Once again, sorry because I know this isn't CM specific. And yes, I have a VALID Swype account to download off the site. Not asking for the apk, I can extract if someone can give me a clue as to how. Thanks!

Alpha4 is running strong, and seems that it's better battery life (for me)!

Thanks to the CM team!

DTB

I downloaded online a blacked themed swype that worked perfect in cm7 and cm9a3. it should still be available just by searching through google.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Beta 0 has been released. This thread is now deprecated. Please see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1536238

CM9 alpha5: Android 4.0.3 for Samsung Epic 4G
    The Epic CM team is proud to announce the release of CyanogenMod 9 alpha 5 for Sprint's Samsung Epic 4G.
    This is VERY NEW so please read these pages carefully before you proceed with testing.

BUG REPORTS:
    Please check if your bug is already known in the Epic CM Issue Tracker.

Do not report bugs if it has anything to do with:

• Non-standard CM9 kernels
    • Voicemail - already several solutions for that problem.
    • Already listed on the CM9 Status page

CM9 Status
    CM9 alpha5 Release Notes and Changelog

If you appreciate our work, please consider supporting the Epic CM team.

Circle us on Google+!
    [reserved]

From the Epic CM G+ Stream:

2012-02-20-230953.png

IMG_20120217_111458.jpg

IMG_20120217_111600.jpg

IMG_20120217_111620.jpg

Thank you!
    To the devs, I'd like to thank you for all the work you've done on CM9 so far. As far as testing this, the only issue I've had so far is just the battery. It's really weird when using a extended life battery(1800mah) and not getting much usage as the 1500mah battery. But using Rom Toolbox and adjusting the settings, I've managed to pull 10hrs at 71% with light to moderate use. I'm sure that whenever you guys do get all the bugs worked out, it's gonna be a really great rom. Everything is running pretty good for me...though I don't use all the apps that others are using. I do, however, get 4g usage while there is no 4g in the state of Oklahoma at this time. Used it in a store where 3G and phone call didn't work because of signal loses.

As for the donation part...being on a fixed income has its' drawbacks especially when there are more bills to be paid than your income allows. I for one, believe that donations for your achievements are well earned. Thanks guys for taking the time to bring us ICS.

Don't ever feel obligated to donate. That's not the intention.

It's an option for those that like to show gratitude by letting money talk.

Personally, I've always though of a thanks as more than adequate for doing something that we actually enjoy doing.

So thank you.
    How to and review video will be up tonight!