Finally I brick my E973,, :(

Search This thread

woo911

Jan 22, 2013
Couple days ago my beloved Bell E973 wont reay sim card.

Here is what happed. the original from bell, but I bought a unlocked code to use my Rogers sim. It's working perfect for 2 or 3 weeks. I love the screen. personal I like it bettter than S3.

I did not root or unlock the bootloader and one day when I put sim card in, it just said NO SIM. I tried with bell sim. same :(

So I rooted and tried all kind of ROMs, even F180S. that's fun. but still wont read sim.

If anyone buy it as a parts or want to fix it. let me know. I am in Toronto

Attachments

• e973_.jpg
    e973_.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 983
  • e973.jpg
    e973.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 848

Stakesta

Dec 15, 2012
omg that sucks=( good luck getting fixed
btw

i saw your post on kijiji lmfao !! we live around each other lmao!!

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007
Did you put it in the proper way?
I made the mistake of putting a sim in the wrong way once on my BB and even took it to a Rogers store and then felt like an idiot after the guy pointed out what I did.

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk 2

mandroid717

Jun 22, 2011
Ottawa

Here is what happed. the original from bell, but I bought a unlocked code to use my Rogers sim. It's working perfect for 2 or 3 weeks. I love the screen. personal I like it bettter than S3.

I did not root or unlock the bootloader and one day when I put sim card in, it just said NO SIM. I tried with bell sim. same :(

So I rooted and tried all kind of ROMs, even F180S. that's fun. but still wont read sim.

It's still under manufacturer warranty

Sent from my LG-E973 using xda app-developers app

cryolithic

Aug 21, 2010
Vancouver
Two things about your phone:
I may be interested in it for parts, depending on price of course. Mine has a dead spot in the digitizer, and as I bought it second hand, LG won't warranty it for me. I'd not want to spend more than the price of a screen/digitizer assembly, so it might be worth more to someone else.

Have you tried a different sim in it? If the phone is unlocked, try a friend's sim card, maybe your sim just died. Edit: missed your reply about trying your friend's bell sim :(

t1mman

Oct 8, 2008
Have you tried a hard reset?
Have you tried reinstalling the original rom, using the original KDZ file and the "unbrick" method?

Last edited:

gabby131

Sep 20, 2010
Winnipeg, MB Canada
Can you browse internet, play store, or use any program with data connection via wifi?

- first, it might be the unlock procedure did it. I had 2 out 5 devices ran into this scenario after doing a factory unlock.

- second, but unlikely and super scarce situations, Bell might have locked up your device's IMEI that caused it. I got one relative that the carrier locked up his phone after doing a factory unlock.

blackmagiic

Mar 4, 2011
My Rogers E971 stopped recognizing SIM cards yesterday. It is unlocked/rooted. Hoping I can reroot/lock bootloader and send in for warranty service. Still trying to figure it all out.

cascade128

Dec 25, 2011
Bandırma
Optimus G sim card inserted or removed all the variations of the device automatically restarts.

Did you notice this situation?

Inhabitants of this problem, removing or inserting the sim card would not open the device?

disruptorx

Oct 11, 2006
Singapore

Woo911, you have used wrong title for your thread thus eliminating people who might know a solution to your problem to ignore the thread, inability to read the sim doesn't mean your device is bricked. ;)

Sent from my LG-E975 using xda app-developers app

blackmagiic

Mar 4, 2011
hours cubmica

Optimus G sim card inserted or removed all the variations of the device automatically restarts.

Did you notice this situation?

Inhabitants of this problem, removing or inserting the sim card would not open the device?

When I first got the phone it would reboot when I inserted and removed SIM cards. It has since stopped doing this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When I first got the phone it would reboot when I inserted and removed SIM cards. It has since stopped doing this.

Just an update. I couldn't figure out how to unroot and relock my bootloader. I ended up sending it off to LG for warranty servicing via my carrier and they fixed it free of charge.