CWM recovery update

Search This thread

lakotamm

May 24, 2013
Hi.
I have an issue with my Desire bravo. I can't install Evervolv's KK 4.4.
A year ago I used unrevoked3 to root my phone. It installed CWM 2.5.0.7. I had tried many 4.2.2 ROMs and than decided to stick with MildWild.
Now I want to try KK4.4 but I simply can't install it. CWM always writes: Status 0. Installation arborted.
I tried to update CWM through ROM manager but it won't update it. It writes that current version is 5.0.2.0, however when I boot into Recovery I can see that I have the same CWM.

Can somebody help me please?
Thanks.

Last edited:

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
Hi.
I have an issue with my Desire bravo. I can't install Evervolv's KK 4.4.
A year ago I used unrevoked3 to root my phone. It installed CWM 2.5.0.7. I had tried many 4.2.2 ROMs and than decided to stick with MildWild.
Now I want to try KK4.4 but I simply can't install it. CWM always writes: Status 0. Installation arborted.
I tried to update CWM through ROM manager but it won't update it. It writes that current version is 5.0.2.0, however when I boot into Recovery I can see that I have the same CWM.

Can somebody help me please?
Thanks.

flash latest 4ext recovery, latest update changes were made to be compatible with kitkat.

lakotamm

May 24, 2013
flash latest 4ext recovery, latest update changes were made to be compatible with kitkat.

I tried to flash it without success. Than I went to Hboot and it wrote that I had S-ON (that's strange). So I used Revolutionary to S-OFF my phone. It flashed CWM 4.0.1.4 and waw - everything works! :)

Last edited:

eddiehk6

Dec 18, 2010
London
I tried to flash it without success. Than I went to Hboot and it wrote that I have S-ON (that's strange). So I used Revolutionary to S-OFF my phone. It flashed CWM 4.0.1.4 and waw - everything works! :)

Lastly, uninstall ROM manager, it's bad for Desire. You don't need it.

As long as you only use CWM to install / wipe you'll be ok, do not use it to partition your sd card.

4EXT is generally a better recovery, and is also recommended for partitioning, you can install it using the 4EXT app or flash it through fastboot commands.

Now that you're S-OFF it's much more powerful (e.g. you can change hboot). You were wasting a lot of memory while S-ON with stock hboot and mildwild.

lakotamm

May 24, 2013
Lastly, uninstall ROM manager, it's bad for Desire. You don't need it.

As long as you only use CWM to install / wipe you'll be ok, do not use it to partition your sd card.

4EXT is generally a better recovery, and is also recommended for partitioning, you can install it using the 4EXT app or flash it through fastboot commands.

Now that you're S-OFF it's much more powerful (e.g. you can change hboot). You were wasting a lot of memory while S-ON with stock hboot and mildwild.

I have already flashed 4EXT.

What's the advantage of using custom hboots? I think that Evervolv's roms can be flashed only on stock hboot.

I have flashed Evervolv's nightly KK4.4. It seems to work OK (but I liked Jelly Bean's interface more).

Thank you guys. ;)

eddiehk6

Dec 18, 2010
London
I have already flashed 4EXT.

What's the advantage of using custom hboots? I think that Evervolv's roms can be flashed only on stock hboot.

I have flashed Evervolv's nightly KK4.4. It seems to work OK (but I liked Jelly Bean's interface more).

Thank you guys. ;)

custom hboots simply allow for more space, one of the primary reasons for gaining s-off and rooting in the first place

a custom hboot generally has a smaller /system and /cache and therefore more /data (internal memory)

depending on which mildwild rom, you only filled 100 to 130MB of the 250MB /system partition on stock hboot, which wastes max ~150MB. You could have used cm7r2 hboot or similar to nearly double the /data partition and hence more space for apps.

You're right though, now beside the point for ROMs like Evervolv which require stock hboot....