[Q] Building Android Source = Soft Brick

Search This thread

GoldenRuleDev

Feb 11, 2014
*n00b alert*

Apologies if this is a repost, but I can't quite find the answer I'm looking for, so here's my issue.

- Nexus 7 2013 (Mobile) - 4.4.2
- Mac OS X Mavericks development laptop
- Followed instructions at source.android.com for downloading from master and building the OS
- From lunch, used aosp_deb-userdebug
- make / unlock / fastboot -w -p deb flashall
- Boom! Soft brick! Can't get past the Google splash screen.

I was able to use fastboot to reinstall the factory image -- razorg/KOT49H -- which relieved me greatly.
But I can't figure out what I might have done wrong. It seems pretty straightforward; but I know very little about kernels/recovery/etc.
I am normally just an app developer.

Currently, I am downloading the specific tag for 4.4.2 and going to try to build again, but I thought I'd poll the forum.

Thanks for any suggestions!

GoldenRuleDev

Feb 11, 2014
Thanks for replying!

I noticed that the razorg stock ROM came with a radio img.
I did try to load my system img with the razorg bootloader and radio img, with no success.

if this is a Nexus 7, would I have vendor specific files? I thought the beauty of the Nexus was that you could
pull the source and it would just work :-\

meekrawb

Mar 25, 2012
TX
Thanks for replying!

I noticed that the razorg stock ROM came with a radio img.
I did try to load my system img with the razorg bootloader and radio img, with no success.

if this is a Nexus 7, would I have vendor specific files? I thought the beauty of the Nexus was that you could
pull the source and it would just work :-\

ROM won't work without the proprietary binaries.
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/drivers

You need to download the correct files and then use them to extract the drivers from your device.

Reactions: GoldenRuleDev

Top Liked Posts