HTC One M8 Bug-Find List

Search This thread
Hey guys...I haven't seen a thread started for this yet and since I've been toying around with my M8 all day I figured I'd share 2 bugs I seem to have found and if you guys have found any feel free to contribute. Any edits I make will be for resolutions and updates to the bugs found. So far what I've found:

- I seem to have difficulty deleting files off of the external SD card. I have my pictures saving by default to it and I noticed if I delete one it disappears then pops back up. This happens through ES File Explorer.
--Issue lies with Kit Kat version not the phone itself

- When I manually set my brightness and then open up the camera it auto increases the brightness (which I don't think is a bug) the bug however, when you exit the camera app the brightness remains the same and doesn't revert back to your manual setting.
--If you exit the camera and then shut the screen, when you turn the screen on again you have your manually set brightness back.

- the buttons like to reappear over the top in immersive mode, they appear on the side if rotation is disabled

- the task switcher has options at the top, task manager and close all that get covered by the notification bar at the top

- blinkfeed looks odd with the 4 menu buttons still appearing

- Possible static on other end when using speakerphone

- Cannot take pictures of front and back of a check with the Bank of America app check deposit feature

- Snapchat filters will cause the screen to flicker.

- When authorising Sense's access to Facebook the Facebook app will take you to your newsfeed, meaning you cant authroise until you get to the homescreen. It's somewhat confusing, if you already have a HTC phone you won't see this issue.

Last edited:

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
Let me know if you find anything else on the Verizon model please as this is the one I will be getting in a few weeks. If others comment please specify which carrier model to maybe help. Thanks

daorderdillon

Jul 27, 2012
nassau
Hey guys...I haven't seen a thread started for this yet and since I've been toying around with my M8 all day I figured I'd share 2 bugs I seem to have found and if you guys have found any feel free to contribute. So far what I've found:

- I seem to have difficulty deleting files off of the external SD card. I have my pictures saving by default to it and I noticed if I delete one it disappears then pops back up. This happens through ES File Explorer.

- When I manually set my brightness and then open up the camera it auto increases the brightness (which I don't think is a bug) the bug however, when you exit the camera app the brightness remains the same and doesn't revert back to your manual setting.

That's what I've found so far. I am using the Verizon HTC One M8.

u have kit kat so all phones have the write protection problem on ext sd u will have to root to get rid of that

daorderdillon

Jul 27, 2012
nassau
far as everyone here is concerned we are speaking on the issues of the m8 not note 3. and plus google announced the problem in every android phone ext sd wont be able to be written on http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2617921 thats the link for the note 3 cant write to sd card also u little troll. :laugh:

I can write to the ext sd card as when I take pictures it saves to it just fine. The problem is trying to copy/cut/paste to/from it and delete off of it.

thats what we are talking about copy/cut/paste u cant move a file from internal to ext sd which is the same a writing

It *is* possible to modify the contents of the internal and removable sdcard when connected to the PC. As discussed in several threads elsewhere, KitKat 4.4.2 has modified the manner in which apps are permitted to write to the sdcard. I'm wracking my brains because of a number of issues I'e encountered (and I have a 128g card!)

Also in the bug list:

Can't get Amazon Appstore to download apps (download always fails).

Last edited:
1.54.401.5 although now running that same version on Android Revolution HD 2.2

want to clarify the last one as it looks the same on sense 5.5 but the blinkfeed did not continue underneath the buttons (ie phone, camera - that row)

In Sense6 it does and looks bad.
In addition, on ~Blinkfeed if you swipe left

the options menu covers about 2/3rd of the screen and stops about half way over the task switcher, looks really odd.

Last edited:

allmine1976

Nov 3, 2010
Dlna is not working properly for me . I keep trying to connect to my LG smart tv but it fails every time . Miracast works fine but not great for watching videos . My HTC one max and note 3 work well so it's not the tv .

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

firepanda

Aug 31, 2010
Anyone else having problems with the loudspeaker while on the phone to someone? I've tried using the loud speaker while on the phone to 2 different people and both have said the moment I put them on loud speaker they hear loads of static in the background

jaaystott

Feb 9, 2011
Chelsea
www.twitter.com
  • Snapchat filters will cause the screen to flicker.
  • When authorising Sense's access to Facebook the Facebook app will take you to your newsfeed, meaning you cant authroise until you get to the homescreen. It's somewhat confusing, if you already have a HTC phone you won't see this issue.

• Snapchat filters will cause the screen to flicker.
  • When authorising Sense's access to Facebook the Facebook app will take you to your newsfeed, meaning you cant authroise until you get to the homescreen. It's somewhat confusing, if you already have a HTC phone you won't see this issue.

OP updated. Thanks for contributing!

Bachatu

Jul 8, 2011
Orlando, FL
Dlna is not working properly for me . I keep trying to connect to my LG smart tv but it fails every time . Miracast works fine but not great for watching videos . My HTC one max and note 3 work well so it's not the tv .

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I have One from Sprint and I'm experiencing the same issues. It says connected but nothing is transmitted to the tv.

---------- Post added at 04:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 AM ----------

I'm also having and issues with the setting to press and hold home for menu. Nothing happens when I press and hold it. It just takes me back to the home screen.

This setting is under Display, buttons and gestures.

y3y6e9ev.jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the Sprint M8.

The camera (and the google camera) both die when started or turned to portrait mode. Always. HTC confirmed that this is a bug in M8 and maybe M7, and is caused by giving password managers (e.g., Last Pass) permission under Accessibility. If you turn this off, the cameras do not crash. They do work in landscape mode. However, filling in passwords is more important to me than the camera--I have real cameras. This is a bug HTC must fix. Of course their e-mail support said to reset the phone... But the chat person gave me the correct answer.

Second, I had 4G LTE reception on my old EVO 4G LTE phone. But only 3G on my M8. I think the M8 has all the bands of the old phone, so I would really like someone to explain this to me. It is a big step backwards.

I was also unable to restore the backup of my old phone that I have made to the SD card using MyBackup Pro. Only the HTC backup program really works now.

I spent hours creating my desktop (I have lots of apps). But I hit something, and Sprint started downloading crapware (eBay and others) and wiped out my desktops! I had to redo this again

Finally, has anyone figured out a good place to store the little sd-card slot key?

I have better LTE reception with the M8 than my EVO 4G LTE. I'm even connecting to Spark at home which was not possible before. It has not been officially rolled out in Orlando but I'm starting to pick up the signal in various parts of town.

Using TB I was able to restore all my backups. I created update zips of my apps with data and flashed them through recovery and I also used TB to restore my sms/mms xml backup. For some reason the sms/mms update zip did not work, I think TWRP may have crashed before finishing the list of zips to flash but I did not go back to test that.

As far as your desktop it's still there. Look for the Sprint ID app in your drawer and select the HTC profile. It creates a backup before loading you up with all the Sprint @%&$/&.
    Sometimes the app drawer gets dark. uploadfromtaptalk1397906204291.jpguploadfromtaptalk1397906220819.jpg

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk
    Boomsound is greyed out when connected to BT as htc stated it can be turned on and off. Spotted by @Patrics83 & I have the same problem anybody else have it too.

Sent from space
    A bit off topic but I think it's amazing that there are only five pages and minimal bugs after a month of this phone being released. It really shows how good HTC work to make the phone amazing.

Boomsound not being sent over Bluetooth is a bit of a bummer, but it's also a waste of time. Most Bluetooth devices (for example, my car) have beat in equalisers anyway, and this is all that Boomsound is. HTC just need to get the information regarding it a little bit better on their website.

One thing that really does annoy me, and I think it's an issue with Google more than HTC, is that when you first get the handset and you tie it to a Google Account it's never been associated with before, you will notice that certain apps that have updates don't show in the Play Store. For example my HTC Blinkfeed and Service Packs had an update, but they weren't appearing in the updates section or installed apps section. Same for Amazon MP3.

This tends to fix itself after 24 hours or so, but nonetheless it's a bug that I've been able to document with other phones too. What an annoyance.
    I have this too. I wish i could turn it off as there always seems to be a loud hiss with bluetooth calls.

The problem is that we can't decide if we want BoomSound or not via Bluetooth.
    And the default sound profile basically sucks,
    and are responsible for the "loud hiss" as you call it.

I have been in contact with HTC about this issue. And after several emails between me and HTC they finally gave me this answer:

"It’s unfortunately a misprint on the website, it only works with wired headsets."

[emoji35]

With other words HTC m7 is the phone you want if you are planning to use a Bluetooth headset...

I'm more then happy with the m8 overall but the Bluetooth audio quality is really bad.

If you want HTC ti fix this problem then simply bug them about it until they do something about it.
    A flagship device from HTC year 2014 shouldn't have flaws like this.
    Luckily this seems to be only software related [emoji2]

My research: I have tried with two Plantronics headsets, BackBeat and Legend.
    I also compared them with my old m7.
    The tests have been performed on the initial software version and the current one 1.54.401.5

Sent from my HTC One (m8)