Xperia Z2 Torch

Search This thread

Indurus

Aug 7, 2012
The back LED of the camera can be used as a torch, but it does not seem to be quite bright. Is there any method (probably with root) to amplify the lightstrength known yet?

ozpc

Apr 8, 2007
No, I haven't tried any of them because I don't own the Z2 yet. The Torch-Function is quite important for me and I would hesitate buying it If there was no solution. I would be very pleased If any owner could try them and report about the results!

There is a torch app for Z2 somewhere in xda. However note that Z2's LED is rather weak when compared to others. I can say that it's only half as bright as the Samsung S2

Indurus

Aug 7, 2012
This thread is not about persuading me of the uselessness of a smartphone torch, it's about possibilities to avoid sony's restrictions which darken the foto-led when used as a torch. When taking fotos, its much brighter, so it's rather a soft- than a hardware problem!

One Twelve

Oct 28, 2013
See, its the underlined bit that i don't get...

The Torch-Function is quite important for me and I would hesitate buying it If there was no solution!
Of all the reasons to come up with not to buy a Z2. Seriously is that it. Why ?

If i was looking for a torch and it was 'important' then i'd look for something fit for purpose as in a 'real' torch.

Good luck :)

Last edited:

GodShapedHole

May 15, 2013
Sony's LEDs are quite a bit weaker than those used by other manufacturers. I have never seen any software that even promised to amplify a phone's LED flash, and probably for good reason - the LED may survive repeated short high-intensity bursts but may burn out quickly if used at maximum intensity for an uninterrupted minute.

If the performance of a phone's LED torch is, for whatever reason, one of your priorities, you might be happier with a Samsung. Their LEDs are much more powerful.