How To Fix Ram Problems In Xperia T2 Ultra LTE and T2 Ultra dual

Search This thread

Ashwin Prabhunerurkar

Jun 5, 2012
Toronto/Mumbai
www.facebook.com
Hii Everyone as we all know our phone is in a big problem which causes our phone to lag like **** after every few hours

Well i have a simple solution for that;)

This tutorial is divided into two parts
1)For users using my Ultimate Rom V2
2)For general users (Even though i recommend using My Rom For Best Performance)

1)For Ultimate rom Users
i)Go To system>etc And Delete init.d folder and delete all the folders in etc which were created in 1969

ii)*Xposed framework is the main reason for your lag and i learnt it the hard way so if you have installed the framework and any of its modules
Then uninstall the modules and uninstall the framework FROM INSIDE THE Xposed APP

iii)Copy and replace my build.prop in system folder from the second post(Dual Sim Only)

add ro.debuggable=0 at the end of the build.prop for all versions

iv)*Only for Dual Sim Version( Download The TWRP Recovery/Kernel from this link from the second post

v)After flashing go into recovery and flash the Fly on Mod Tweaks zips provided in the second post

vi)download no frills cpu from playstore and set performance/ondemand and noop (Dont worry if the phone restarts without warning just check if the governer and I/O Were set)

vii)If you did everything write you will have a lag free fast phone now

2)For General Users
i)Go To system>etc And Delete init.d folder if it exists and delete all previous tweaks that you may have enabled

ii)*Xposed framework is the main reason for your lag and i learnt it the hard way so if you have installed the framework and any of its modules
Then uninstall the modules and uninstall the framework FROM INSIDE THE Xposed APP

iii)Copy and replace my build.prop in system folder from the second post(Dual Sim Only)

iv)*Only for Dual Sim Version( Download The TWRP Recovery/Kernel from second post

v)After flashing go into recovery and flash the Fly on Mod Tweaks zips provided in the second post

vi)download no frills cpu from playstore and set performance/ondemand and noop (Dont worry if the phone restarts without warning just check if the governer and I/O Were set)

Last edited:
Reactions: john357dou

Ashwin Prabhunerurkar

Jun 5, 2012
Toronto/Mumbai
www.facebook.com
Files to download

1)Fly On Mod By slaid480 (Go To his thread and press the thanks button,excellent work by him)
Mod filesFlash in recovery)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zv825xeuyb8cwot/Signed_Fly-On_Mod%E2%84%A2_V4.0-Beta9.zip

http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2187824&d=1376469987

2)TWRP Recovery By abcdjdj *ONLY FOR DUAL SIM VARIANTS(Press the thanks button on his thread and learn how to use the recovery)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2764408

3)My build.prop (Only For Dual Sim Phones if you want for single sim Provide me the build.prop)
Please rename it from build.prop.txt to build.prop before replacing
add ro.debuggable=0 at the end of the build.prop for all versions of t2 ultra

Attachments

• build.prop.txt
    7.2 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

elcattaro

Nov 2, 2012
I can't find the init.d folder in system>etc (stock rom)...

Just did all other steps but now the rom is not booting anymore :eek:

abcdjdj

May 28, 2012
Thane
Please post your Reviews and questions so i can further work making this phone work better:victory:

Xposed doesn't cause any problems. This ram problem would occur even without Xposed. I have been using my phone since 72 hrs with Xposed and a lot of heavy multi tasking and gaming.
Adding ro.debuggable=0 to the build.prop is of no use as the value needs to be changed in the default.prop (you need to unpack the ramdisk). It will continue to remain 1 even after adding it to the build.prop. Try running the "getprop" command in the terminal emulator app after adding the line in the build.prop. You'll still get the output as [ro.debuggable] : [1].
The Performace governor locks the CPU freq to the max. It would certainly smoothen out the UI but it would cause a lot of battery drain. And when your phone restarts automatically after setting the cpu governor, it means that a kernel panic has occured. You can check /proc/last_kmsg for the error log. After your phone restarts, it will revert back to the default governor.

Reactions: elcattaro

elcattaro

Nov 2, 2012
Xposed doesn't cause any problems. This ram problem would occur even without Xposed. I have been using my phone since 72 hrs with Xposed and a lot of heavy multi tasking and gaming.
Adding ro.debuggable=0 to the build.prop is of no use as the value needs to be changed in the default.prop (you need to unpack the ramdisk). It will continue to remain 1 even after adding it to the build.prop. Try running the "getprop" command in the terminal emulator app after adding the line in the build.prop. You'll still get the output as [ro.debuggable] : [1].
The Performace governor locks the CPU freq to the max. It would certainly smoothen out the UI but it would cause a lot of battery drain. And when your phone restarts automatically after setting the cpu governor, it means that a kernel panic has occured. You can check /proc/last_kmsg for the error log. After your phone restarts, it will revert back to the default governor.

Yes I agree.

Tried many times your fix instructions on my d5322 (ex xm50h) dual sim but no results... Waiting for @abcdjdj release with fixed ramdisk :good:

twistedddx

Oct 23, 2010
Why is Sony T2 stuff being posted in the Z2 forum?
The T2 and Z2 are very different devices. Different CPU, different GPU, different RAM capacity, different screen size etc etc.

If any Z2 users flashed T2 ROM's or followed advice that was meant for a T2 they would likely brick their phone.

It seems VERY bad that T2 devices specific things are being posted randomly to the Z2 forum?!

Ashwin Prabhunerurkar

Jun 5, 2012
Toronto/Mumbai
www.facebook.com

some modules of xposed specific to xperia cause heavy lags, and yes i am already using the default.prop
by my method i can go upto 24 hrs without restarting but flashed your kernel now so waiting for the 72 hr magic as mentioned by you:D

Last edited:

Ashwin Prabhunerurkar

Jun 5, 2012
Toronto/Mumbai
www.facebook.com
Hi.
Iam a proud user of a T2 Ultra, but i have one problem, i cant unlock the bootloader but if i can root the device without unlocking it it will be great.
Can U Plz Help me? Is it possible?

sorry but currently if you want root you will have to unlock bootlader
just unlock the bootlader you wont be missing out on anything;)

Reactions: fastkiller

geogetski666

Oct 25, 2009
Quezon City
Well i would like to unlock the bootloader, but when i go to the service menu i got Unlock Bootlock=No, can i unlock it using another method?

you probably got your phone with a contract so you have an unlockable bootloader as far as i know there is no way to unlock the bootloader if it is locked with a telco :( you may try asking your telco where you bought it if they can help :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hii Everyone as we all know our phone is in a big problem which causes our phone to lag like **** after every few hours

Well i have a simple solution for that;)

This tutorial is divided into two parts
    1)For users using my Ultimate Rom V2
    2)For general users (Even though i recommend using My Rom For Best Performance)

1)For Ultimate rom Users
    i)Go To system>etc And Delete init.d folder and delete all the folders in etc which were created in 1969

iv)*Only for Dual Sim Version( Download The TWRP Recovery/Kernel from this link from the second post

2)For General Users
    i)Go To system>etc And Delete init.d folder if it exists and delete all previous tweaks that you may have enabled

iv)*Only for Dual Sim Version( Download The TWRP Recovery/Kernel from second post

Please post your Reviews and questions so i can further work making this phone work better:victory:

Hi.
    Iam a proud user of a T2 Ultra, but i have one problem, i cant unlock the bootloader but if i can root the device without unlocking it it will be great.
    Can U Plz Help me? Is it possible?

sorry but currently if you want root you will have to unlock bootlader
    just unlock the bootlader you wont be missing out on anything;)