CM7 APN problem FIXED!!! (hopefully)

Search This thread

shinobix37

Sep 6, 2008
Hey guys, I've tried everything to get the cm7 APN problem fixed. No data connection sucks. Anyways, this is what I did-
1. Turn on WiFi and make sure you're connected.
2. Go into the Market, search "APN Backup".
3. Download the program called "APNsBU (ROOT)"
4. Open the program and click on the "Backup APNs" button.
5. After that's done, click on the "Restore APNs" button. It will prompt you to reboot your phone.
6. After the reboot, open the APNsBU program, click on the menu button on your phone and click "View APNs".
7. You should be able to see "Simple" and "T-Mobile US." Turn off your WiFi and you should be good to go!

thienlang072

Jun 11, 2011
Garden Grove
Hi, I had the same problem last night after I installed CM7. The APN disappeared and I could not connect through my data plan. What I did was I just pulled the battery out and put it back in and re-boot the phone. I just pulled the battery out when the phone was still on. I went back in APN and voila, I saw "Simple" and "T-Mobile US" again. After that I did a few more re-boot to my phone due to I flashed new Gapps, the APN problem didn't come back.

judicator

Mar 17, 2008
I can't say that I've tried this, but every time my APNs go missing, going into ROM Manager and running Fix Permissions and then rebooting makes them come back. Maybe that trick will work for others too.

dpaschall

Feb 26, 2011
San Diego
Tried:
Hard Reset and battery pull, No success
APN backup trick, can't see any APNs
Rom Manager fix permissions.

Nothing works, APNs are gone for good, no data connection and can't add an APN, blank screen nothing happens.

:O Searched everyone on google and these forums i can't seem to find a fix :O

EDIT:
Had to wipe everything, reinstall latest nightly cm7, which worked but when i restored everything with titantium backup the problem came back so must have been some settings that were wrong. Only restored the apps i trusted with data, and everything is good now. What a pain

Last edited:

FatalityBoyZahy

Jan 11, 2010
Camp Lejeune, North Carolina
www.YouTube.com
Hey guys, I've tried everything to get the cm7 APN problem fixed. No data connection sucks. Anyways, this is what I did-
5. After that's done, click on the "Restore APNs" button. It will prompt you to reboot your phone.
6. After the reboot, open the APNsBU program, click on the menu button on your phone and click "View APNs".
7. You should be able to see "Simple" and "T-Mobile US." Turn off your WiFi and you should be good to go!

Sucks that this Fix is just temporary... :/

l0gandroid

Oct 17, 2011
Fix APN

Thanks, very much! ... works fine for me.

Sporksamich

Oct 23, 2009
Apn restored!!!! :)

For some reason yesterday, I lost data connectivity. I was lost and tried everything I knew. Since this happended on the way home, I was not able to find any directions on how to fix it.

Today, with the help of this thread, I got it restored and my phone is back to it's normal self running CM 9.0.0 HellfireSandwich_V1.5.

Thanks!

Klathmon

May 1, 2011
For some reason yesterday, I lost data connectivity. I was lost and tried everything I knew. Since this happended on the way home, I was not able to find any directions on how to fix it.

Today, with the help of this thread, I got it restored and my phone is back to it's normal self running CM 9.0.0 HellfireSandwich_V1.5.

Thanks!

its a known issue in ALL android 4.0.4 ROM's across ALL Phones.

Its a bug somewhere in google's code that is causing the apn loss and data drops in all ICS Roms.

(most of this thread was about a separate problem in CM7)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.