MetroUI Theme by BroBot175 Beta 6 [9/4]

Search This thread

mrevankyle

Jan 5, 2011
Victoria, BC
Thanks! So it's just unzipping, changing SystemUI.apk and Framework-Res.apk and rezipping it?

Well i did it for you but what it would be is downloading the "Makingports.zip" opening your systemui.apk with a zip opener placing the systemui/rez folder in in the apk doing the same thing for framework-res.apk then inserting them into the Default.zip to replace the defaut systemui.apk and framework-res.apk.
But all you have to do with the package i uploaded is flash it with cwm as long as you are on the newest build (as of now 18)

BroBot175

Oct 26, 2011
Evans Build 18 is up on the website :) ill be putting the new desktop visuliser on them all later

DerSandmann

Aug 15, 2010
Lausanne
Well i did it for you but what it would be is downloading the "Makingports.zip" opening your systemui.apk with a zip opener placing the systemui/rez folder in in the apk doing the same thing for framework-res.apk then inserting them into the Default.zip to replace the defaut systemui.apk and framework-res.apk.
But all you have to do with the package i uploaded is flash it with cwm as long as you are on the newest build (as of now 18)

Ok, I know how to do next time! :p This theme is really an eye candy! Good job!

All right BroBot! I know I'm a bit impatient...

mrevankyle

Jan 5, 2011
Victoria, BC
Last edited:
Reactions: BroBot175

BroBot175

Oct 26, 2011
I have just release a Boot Animation
BootAnimation.gif

Downloadable here http://www.brobot175.co.uk/MetroUI/Setup1.html
half way down :)
enjoy

BroBot175

Oct 26, 2011
ahah darn them all !
ill do it some other dayy
should work on here though
whats the res?

kay_kiat88

Dec 19, 2010
Hi guys, I have this MetroUI theme set up (thanks BroBot175 and mrevankyle!) and I must say, to complete this theme, you guys gotta buy/try out this app called Gesture Control. With this theme and app, the user experience is really really enjoyable. Do check it out!

BroBot175

Oct 26, 2011
Hi guys, I have this MetroUI theme set up (thanks BroBot175 and mrevankyle!) and I must say, to complete this theme, you guys gotta buy/try out this app called Gesture Control. With this theme and app, the user experience is really really enjoyable. Do check it out!

yeah i use it :)
in the video you can see me using it

to the guy wanting revolution hd
i for some reason dont have it so ill make you it today :)

BroBot175

Oct 26, 2011
I had a little time so i put it together for you
Haven't tested it yet but it should work

ahah that saved me a alot of time :)
thanks
ill check it
how did you put it together as i had to use some program to get it to work:)

EDIT: is the revolver port that evan did working?

Last edited:

mrevankyle

Jan 5, 2011
Victoria, BC
ahah that saved me a alot of time :)
thanks
ill check it
how did you put it together as i had to use some program to get it to work:)

EDIT: is the revolver port that evan did working?

Here we go this one works
All i did was batch edit them in photoshop to 600x600
convert from jpeg(causes issues) to PNG
changed the desc.text to 600 600 instead of 1280 800
then rezipped the whole thing in store compression

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    942.1 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: BroBot175

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all
    Im Brobot175 (Rob) from over on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 forum.
    A very friendly member of your comunity who goes by the name of mrevankyle sent me a PM a few days ago wanting a port of my new theme, MetroUI.
    mrevankyle kindly ported most of the theme for me as i have no experience in Villain Theme installer so all credit in porting this theme goes to him!
    I shall be watching over this thread and answering any questions about the theme itself but mrevankyle is going to cover this thread and answer any questions you have.
    Well heres the theme!

full.gif

^^^not what it really looks like but a good representation^^^

Metro UI - Brobot175.co.uk - Click Me

Check out website for screenshots and full change log

What is it?

This theme allows you to make your homescreen look like the windows 8 metro. It also themes your notifications pannel and taskbar to fit with the MetroUI.

What is it compatable with?

Android Revolution ROM but Evan may help me port it to a few more roms on the eee pad
    To anyone else looking on this Forum is is also compatible with the
    Galaxy tab 10.1
    TouchPad
    Kindle Fire
    Acer a500
    and Asus Eee Pad Transformer

Whats to come?

My website is brand new and still in beta so i shall be working on it to clear out any bugs.

I shall add tutorials on how to customize more of the theme like the widgets.

More Widgets.

Any other Bug fixes

If your tab for any reason goes into a bootloop just flash your ROM again without wipeing anything and it will go back to how you had it

I have just release a Boot Animation
    BootAnimation.gif

Downloadable here http://www.brobot175.co.uk/MetroUI/Setup1.html
    half way down :)
    enjoy
    OK that would be amazing I'm sure people on the a500 forum would greatly appreciate this!

Basically all the roms in our forum are based on the same leaked base so it should work for all. Besides the cm9 version that can't be hosted on xda because Thor made it.. I will pm you link to those files once I get to my laptop.

Thanks again !

Sent from my Iconia A500 using Tapatalk

Alright so thanks to this guy we have confirmation that the villain theme works on the a500 unchanged. It gave status 0 on the first try but after a re-download it worked so the problem is not with the file. So if you are having issues just redownload it and that should fix your issues. Clearing cache and data could not hurt either.

Also latest version of desktop visualizer removed the menu to set presets (probobly a bug) so here is the latest not bugged version
    >> View attachment jp.co.bii.android.app.dskvzr-1.apk
    Looks interesting, I'll try this when I finish my Monk episode and post some feedback later :D.
    sorry I'm new to this. I flashed Vanilia Theme B4.zip. Am I supposed to flash MetroUITilesAsusB4.zip next? I don't see desktop visualiser 4x4. Thanks for this.

Nope dont flash that just unzip it on your sdcard. It contains all the files you need to set up the tiles. And you get desktop visualizer from the market (play store now i guess)